1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayer Leverkusen AWAY (25/11/2021)

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Bhoys_Army, Oct 4, 2021.

Discuss Bayer Leverkusen AWAY (25/11/2021) in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

I’m gonna be heading over to Cologne (nearest city to Leverkusen) for the Europa League match on 25th November 2021.

Whether I have a ticket for the game or not, I will be travelling for the craic. So if you’re doing the same as me or are a Celt in Germany. Let us know what the craic is, where’s best to go ect.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Also going. Can’t wait.

Bhoys_Army likes this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

Would love to go! Just a few days before the draw I said to myself I'd love to go back to the place where I stayed in Germany back in the late 80s during the troubles as a kid. There was this scheme that provided holidays for us through funding from America or euro children who lived in war torn places in europe or Ireland to give us some relief from the stresses that goes with all it what we where going through or witnessed. Anyway I ended up in Germany for 4 or 6 weeks and just before the draw I was looking at the same place I stayed back then on Google map. The family I stayed with looked after the local football team and I found the exact place on Google map. Have fond memories of playing football age 8(or9) on the two football pitches and not a cloud in the sky. Weather was amazing! Wuppertal the place was called. Flying trains believe it or not Wuppertal was renowned for. Like something out of a skifi film. I remember seeing them and even as a kid your like *!

Anyway, I told myself as soon as Celtic draws a club close to it I'm going to take the two young lads over, go to the match and take them to where I stayed and tell them all about my stay there. Few days later we draw Leverkusen ffs :triplomur. 30 mins away from wupertal. And wee west coast Tommy talks himself out of it because, one it came far to soon for me and two, to much work responsibilities up untill xmass. * gutted!

With thst said, a few decent German teams not far from where I stayed so hopefully next year or after xmass we draw one of them and I do get the chance to get over.​

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Bhoys_Army likes this.
  4. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Hopefully we’ll be drawing German teams in the Champions League next year :D

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  5. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    5 of us heading over without match tickets, hopefully restrictions might ease for a full house but still be struggling to get tickets but not arsed really. Good couple of nights to be had either way.

Bhoys_Army likes this.
  6. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Same as myself, heading over cause I know there will be good craic whether I’m at the game or not.

elbhoydo likes this.
  7. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Provisionally booked my hotel tonight. Just fingers crossed we’ll receive an away allocation. Seen somewhere that there’s meant to be an update this week.

Germany gonna be some craic if Celtic get tickets for it. Hopefully be inside the ground but if not there’s plenty drinking to be done in the pubs there :lager::party22:

8. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    On sale now e-ticketing only. Criteria 4 of last 16. Anyone meets criteria but can't go PM me please

Bhoys_Army likes this.
  9. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Had my flights & hotel booked hoping we would get fans in. Even though i will be sitting in the home end right beside our fans. Going to be a cracking away game :36:

leeso-ardoyne and Bhoys_Army like this.
  10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Nirvana have just confirmed they’re running a day trip, subject to demand

11. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Have the hotel & flight booked.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2021
  12. mwl67

First time poster here but booked up for this also. Should be a cracking trip.

Flying in to dusseldorf but not booked accomodation yet. Are majority staying in Cologne? Only a half hour train to Cologne so might stay there if so.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2021
  13. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

I’m staying in Cologne. Fair few Irish Pubs there, only 20 mins on the train to the BayArena. Plus flights were cheaper to Cologne than Düsseldorf :50:

14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

On sale now

No tickets included hence not an official club charter

15. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Come to the conclusion that my best bet is to grab a seat in the home end for the game near our away fans :56:

16. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    For those who do end up with tickets be it home or away section the match ticket will get you rail travel to and from the game for travel within the State boundary.

For those without tickets but travelling in a group it's much cheaper to buy a block group rail ticket. Very few ticket checks are made on German trains but expect a hefty on the spot fine if caught without one. Rail travel is generally very cheap so don't risk a fine or even being arrested.

17. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly what i'm doing but sitting with a crowd of Germans from another team.

18. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Gonna be a fair few Celts in the home stands I’d say. Daily Record reporting we’ve only been given 1,500 tickets for the away end

leeso-ardoyne and trackebhoy like this.
  19. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Just bought my ticket off the Bayer Leverkusen’s website

Section F4; their map shows half of the section as being in the away end. €50 if you want to be sat as close to our fans as possible, only a handful of seats left in that section.

20. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    We got 4 tickets in B1, hopefully the talks of lockdown over there doesn't materialise.