1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We will, our best threat just now is either Ralston or CCV. They tend to get marked by the best in the air, when Julien comes in he’ll take that and win that competition, and leave more space and easier players to contend with for they two.

Suddenly * will start praising Turnbull’s corners again

The Phoenix likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’ll be another big step forward for the squad when he comes back in. Be great just to have him as an option.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Easily scores one of those chances that Welsh and Carter-Vickers had and for me, there's no way he doesn't get his head on one of the two goals they scored..

charlietully and Liam Scales like this.
  4. ddub11

We going to see him back before christmas?

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Last we heard he’d be available after this international break.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hoping him and big Carter V will make a solid duo. We really miss Juliens goals

RogicHasMagicToes and mayo like this.
  7. ddub11

Someone said the same thing before the last international break.Do you know what his injury was?it seems like hes been out for ever....i mean at the time it seemed like it was a minor knock and yet there dont seem to be any word on a return date.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If he does come back after the break, you'd hope we would have him back up to speed in time for the hun game.

PaulM1888 and mayo like this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

A minor knock? He clattered his knee off the post and was in a leg brace for months.

johnno379, charlietully and Hammy89 like this.
  10. ddub11

Ye i know that but i still dont know what the actual injury is.
    When i said minor knock i meant when he actually got the injury it didnt seem that serious at the time,its didnt look like one of the more obvious serious knee injuries player get.

Of course i now know it turned out to be a lot more serious than i had thought,im just trying to find out what the actual injury is?do you know?

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Broken Knee.

Nah, I actually have no clue what the exact damage was

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know. If Turnbull is the best we have at taking corners and/or set pieces then that's a concern. Surely they practice them at training?

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Turnbull’s got a good corner and set piece. He should have had two assists from it today, last week got two assists from set pieces and he’s done it a myriad of times this season problem is we don’t have * that are good at taking advantage of it.

Bet your life on it, when Julien’s back, suddenly Turnbull will be delivering ‘quality set pieces’. It’s just that the big man can header them and cause havoc letting other * get a good run at finishing it.

Hammy89 and Taz like this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m certain I heard ligament damage at the time but searching Google doesn’t confirm that so * knows but it initially went from 3 to 4 months to 6 to 9 months and we’re now at the 10 month stage but with such a long term injury and not being able to train he’s probably suffered set backs that haven’t been made public.

I honestly think we’ll struggle to see him play against the manks at new year, that’s just around the corner now really but even just getting him back in the squad and getting him on the park will be a boost.

ddub11 likes this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    100% Jullien scores those chances that CCV and Welsh missed the day.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well if he does make it back before the end of this month you would think that should not be an issue as that would be a full month with plenty of games in between to ease him in from the bench before starting him in the lead up to the next game against the zombies.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree, him coming back will make a big difference, 13 corners yesterday, reckon he would have got on the end 4 or 5 of them. Looking at WHU last night, surely we can learn something from them, look at the deliveries, the way they take keeper out of the game by getting bodies in his road.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CHRISTOPHER JULLIEN is pushing towards a Celtic comeback by the end of the month.

SunSport understands the £7million stopper – out since last December with a cruciate ligament injury – is making good progress with what’s been a pain-staking rehabilitation

Jullien’s back training with the Hoopsfirst team squad.

But given the length of his spell out the Celtic medical team and boss Ange Postecoglou are taking things cautiously, reluctant to put the 28-year-old under unnecessary pressure.

However, it’s believed another two solid weeks of training could lead to a playing return and ultimately first team action before Christmas.

Jullien’s been a huge miss for Celtic ever since he damaged his knee colliding with a post in a 3-0 Premiership win over Dundee United on December 30.

It was one of a number of massive blows for former manager Neil Lennon in a disastrous season which saw him leave the club at the end of February.

Frenchman Jullien won the treble in his first season following his June, 2019, switch from Toulouse and was also a stand-out in home and away Europa League triumphs over Lazio, scoring in the Parkhead tie.

He hadn’t long returned from a back problem when he was cruelly struck down again in the fateful Dundee United game.

Jullien returned to France for the initial part of recovery work and is now homing in on a playing comeback.

His availability will intensify competition for places at the heart of defence with £4million capture Carl Starfelt also currently fighting back from a hamstring strain and Cameron Carter-Vickers proving a quality loan capture from Spurs.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's 10 days on. Anymore word on him?

Re-reading some of the reports on his recovery still not getting any optimism he'll make it onto the park this year.

20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Need the big man back for the run in.

He's been a massive absence.