1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Like to see it again but I think if you're almost goal hanging like that, and gambling for the defender getting a block in....then you can just be there for rebounds...it's harsh..

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    By the time it gets to Jota theres like 3 players ahead of him. If their defender doesn’t header it, Ralston’s shots goalbound, don’t see how that touch should be ignored.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. Onefootwonder

I didn't realise he was offside when I was watching it. They did say at halftime it counted due to this new rule. I suspect the linesman wasn't applying this law, he just didn't realise that it might have been offside.

Remember the incident in England last season with Man City and Villa? On the back of that the rule was clarified and they said the goal wouldn't count again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55814673

The Mbappe goal was a joke. It's as much a mistake as the Man City goal. It should have been ruled out with the clarification given last season.

The pass has to be intentional. Dipping your head to block a shot, or a desperate effort to slide and block a pass is not deliberate play.

Neither incident should require any clarification. The Man City and Mbappe goals were both clearly offside and people are twisting what the rules say to give them a meaning they shouldn't have.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s an interesting read, so with these rules, see if you have two strikers, one offside standing behind the keeper, the other one shoots. Keeper catches it, puts the ball down to ount it and the other striker sneaks round and picks up the ball.

That would be offside? Picky scenario but trying to figure out the nuances lol

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    * it. If it was offside it was offside (although I personally don't think it was). I never hear huns questioning all their dodgy decisions they get. Anyway, I am sure the "experts" from the SMSM will debate it to death to enlighten us all in their usual balanced way

6. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I think you're the one twisting the rules to mean something you want them to mean. I agree the rules are stupid but every publication clarified the mbappe decision was the correct one, despite how unnatural it felt. That's on top of the very best referees having VAR to pause and rewind to make sure they get the decision correct.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage"

The dundee defender, as with the Spanish defender, has deliberately played the ball.

Not offside, keeper catching it and putting the ball down is a new phase of play

7. Onefootwonder

Many said that by the rules with Man City goal was good. The rules were then specifically reworded to make sure it couldn't be misunderstood again.

Aberdeen had a man sent off against Rangers last season. It was was a completely accidental trip. The justification given for that was the referee had to send him off as the rules state if no effort to play the ball it's a red. Read the rules in black and white and technically it was the correct decision. However no effort to play the ball means intentionally taking the man out and not an accidental trip.

The Spanish defender made a last ditch dive to try and block the ball. At no point did he have the ball under control. His actions and outcome were not deliberate. He did not deliberately play the ball, or miskick it, he failed in his effort to block the ball.

There was no reset of play. The ball went to the player intended.

VAR has made loads of mistakes.

8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This is old but * me... Does anyone remember this the highlights show Grant got a straight red for charging the free kick too early lol?

9. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Be interesting to see if these mistakes go into overdrive now they are in disarray.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hearing Ross has failed to declare his earnings as a ref …. He should be sacked as no and as a ref

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Anyone else think those three late yellows for St Johnstone were to "even up" the card count so there was no evidence of bias?

Artorias likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Big sleekit dopey looking rat *..

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Today was a * pisstake.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

15. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    To be fair he got booked for the foul that led to the free kick. The second yellow was for charging it.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t mate no.

17. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That fkr let them boot us all over the pitch and he never touched him for the penalty . Hartson was right the aberdeen player should of got booked but he couldnt wait to point to the spot

greengrocer and The Prof like this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

No sweat lad cheers

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No worries.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Kenny Miller saying it's a penalty :56: