1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Im well aware of the likes of boyd etc but facts are us and the hun produce more top scores than the others.I agree just because you play for us or them your not entitled to anything but you will get more opportunities which as you know will result in more goals.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think he gave what he could in the circumstances, he looked like he had low morale in a team with no shape, structure, direction or motivation on or off the pitch.

As did the rest of the team and he had much more of an impact than 99% of the players out there last year.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Whereas I bet at the end of this season you’ll not be going “aye but Kyogo gets loads of opportunities with us” and belittle his achievements.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. ddub11

You must be misreading my post,i said eddie downed tools (and probable would of scored more)i wasnt belittling what he had achieved,but i do think he would have scored more had he not downed tools.

And my point stands,when you play for us you will get more opportunities to score than you would with other teams in our league,its not belittling anyone its just the way it is and for the record im happy for it to stay that way.

Would you not agree if you play up front for us you will get more opportunities to score than you would if you played for other teams in our league?

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We’ve had top goalscorer 6 times in 15 years, more often than not being up front for us doesn’t guarantee that you’re top goalscorer. Two of those 6 was Odsonne Edouard btw.

MacEwan likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You are belittling his achievements by saying he downed tools. Rather than just look at the bigger picture which shows just how many factors can affect a football team and it’s players.

7. ddub11

Im open to correction but i think hun had around the same figures in 15 years?if thats the case then it backs my point if you play for us or the hun you have more chance of finishing top than you would if you played for other teams.

Again im not knocking eddies achievement,i simply stated imo he had downed tools in the last season and he may of scored more had he not.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * the Huns mate, I’m not interested in lumping us together. Facts are more often than not we don’t finish with a top scorer, over the last 15 years. Eddy comfortably ended up top goalscorer the last two years and he’s to be commended for that.

I don’t think you get that return from a player in a terrible, rudderless team if he’s actively not trying. I think his return was pretty * good and we would have realised just how much if he wasn’t there and putting himself out there to even face criticism.

ddub11 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Crystal Palace striker Odsonne Edouard has brushed off criticism of his final days at Celtic insisting "angry fans" questioned his desire.

The Frenchman enjoyed a trophy-laden spell at Celtic Park before brining the curtain down on his Scottish Premiership spell in the summer.

Despite an overall successful spell in Scotland, 23-year-old was subject to questions over his attitude and effort in his final campaign at Parkhead.

Many thought that he had wanted a move in the summer of 2020, and that led to a dip in form when he remained at Celtic .

Former boss Neil Lennon is among the main detractors, stating he had "made if clear" that he wanted to leave the club and publicly questioned his attitude.

Lennon stated: "You could tell in the preseason when he went to France that his body language wasn't with us."

The instant impact at Selhurst Park, netting three goals in seven goals in the English Premier League, has only added to the frustration of some fans.

However, Edouard was quick to point out that he finished as top scorer at the club despite a nightmare campaign last term.

When asked by talkSPORT host Jim White if he has lost his desire to play for Celtic, he said: "No, this is not true.

"I think the fans said this because all the team played bad last season.

We didn't win the title so they were angry.

"Personally, I always give 100 per cent for the team and 100 per cent on the field.

White then pushed Edouard on if moving to England was a step up from life in Glasgow's east end.

He responded: "Yeah, it was a great opportunity for me.

"I think it was a good moment for me to change and start a new chapter of my life, and I took it."

10. Born green

I'm guessing this stat refers only to the SPFL? Include Europe and cups and I'd bet Celtic players outscored most of those top goalscorers more than 6 times. I'll happily be corrected on that though.

Eddy scored 18 SPFL goals last year which is the joint lowest in the last 23 years.

I agree with you, I don't think his effort dropped last year. He's been the same the whole time he's been here. I just don't think he is as good as people claimed he was. If he and Celtic fans think his return was acceptable last year then he and they have far lower standards than me.

I predict Kyogo will surpass his tally from last season by the 31st of January.

honda likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Prior to last season he got a * ton of assists too. He is a fantastic player. I don't think he downed tools last season. He caught covid, and still scored every other game. The team around him was pretty mediocre and he didn't get support. Also Lennon saying he wasn't into it as early as the pre season in France. Well why didn't you sell him and buy Toney? Lennon just trying to put the blame on fans. I don't think Eddy was fully in it this summer, and to be honest I imagine he was told not to risk anything that may put hold to a sale. Lennon and the board were to blame for last season.

Whether Kyogo gets more goals this season doesn't mean Eddy didn't try or was overrated as if you put Kyogo in last seasons team I think he would have struggled.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Goal and 2 assists tonight according to livescore. The useless lazy *.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. vortex666

Palace fans no impressed with him at all .thats his first goal since his 2 on his debut .

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No it’s not.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Thought he would have did better down there tbh

17. celtic20

Not made anywhere near the impact I thought he would've, especially after his debut performance. Big few months coming up for him

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Have a quick look at a Palace forum and you'll see that they like him.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye he's rated down there. Not scoring much but from what I've read he adds a lot to their overall play.

neilly1987 likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Scored one today and was heavily involved in their other 2 goals. Seems to be picking up some form for them over the past month. For me all I care about is that hopefully he does well enough to attract a bigger offer from another club so Celtic can benefit from percentage of the sell on profits. I think as well his transfer to Palace had a few extras for us based on how he does for them as well.