1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    So agility can't improve either? You are proving my point that some people have a hang up on the boy. I say give him time to develop until he stops goal line clerances and turns them into OG's.

2. Mr Diggler

The modern day Bobby Petta. Absolute * under the previous manager then reborn under the current incumbent. The other bother with Petta was it only lasted 18 months.....

3. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Of course it can improve, but only by so much. Natural ability is always a limiting factor, or else we'd be able to coach any player to become Henrik...

4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Natural ability, for me, is more to do with determination and desire to work hard and improve, Ralston has that, technical ability can be coached, heart and desire cannot

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I disagree, natural ability cannot be coached. It can be nurtured and improved, and I agree hard work can make a difference, but if it's not there, it's not there. George Best was naturally gifted despite never working hard. He could have been even better had he tried, but I'll never be George Best no matter how much work I do. I agree re heart and desire, although confidence can be improved.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. joemc

You will never convince people that he is actually a pretty dam good player , my thoughts are he came through and his carreer stuttered through injury and change at the club ,the stars never really aligned for him until we as a club were at a desperate stage and had to use him , turns out he only needed a wee run of games and someone to believe in him , maybe one day the doubters will do the same .

Tommy25, NomDePlum and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another thing to add to his list of positivies; the man can take a heavy tackle. There was a few times while Juranovic was out where Tony had been clattered, and am shiteing myself cos we had no one else to replace him. If he got injured we were * basically, but every time he's back up, dusting it off and getting on with it.

Actually love the big * now, vital having boys like him in your squad.

Tommy25, NomDePlum and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  8. joemc

I imagine the player tackling him would feel like they ran into a block of wood ,no offence intended to our bhoys intelligence just that he is a solid c#nt .

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Somebody's coaching him ! love the way he stays on his feet when facing wingers and not selling himself by diving and sliding in now . Final ball could be better but he puts in some gems as well . He merits his place just now but its a squad Ange is building there will be times he picks up injuries or needs a rest , Juranavic will claim his own position and we have a reliable back up .

packybhoy likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC star Anthony Ralston is in talks over an improved deal at Parkhead.

The full-back has been a revelation under Ange Postecoglou since his arrival in the summer and has taken his big chance with both hands.

The youngster has impressed the Parkhead faithful with his performances to date and has already chalked up 19 appearances in all competitions this term - netting three times and providing two assists.

Speaking about the latest on fresh terms for Ralston, Postecoglou said: “Michael Nicolson is in charge of Tony’s area. My focus is trying to make sure that he continues his development

He’s been fantastic, he wants to learn every day, he works hard in every game he gives everything.

“When contract negotiations happen they take care of themselves.

“There’s very little need to have any angst about it – the club has a lot of faith in Tony, that’s why they gave him a contract before I started.

“I gave him a chance and he’s taken the opportunity with both hands

Tommy25 and AussieGreek like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Not yesterday it wasn't!

Ralston was superb. Aye, some things never paid off for him, but technically I thought that was the best game I've seen from him. His movement was excellent - I paid particular attention to his off the ball movement. He was spot on with this system, interchanging position at the precise moments, linking up well with his teammates, creating space for them, getting into spaces to drag full backs off. His on the ball movement was terrific too, he was very quick off the mark, and his passing was very good.

Defensively he was solid. He's a big * unit of a guy but his movement was light. His anticipation at the ball being mistimed by the St. J defender was excellent, he was quick in behind him for the ball dropping, and whipped in the cross for Giakoumakis to score his and our first.

Terrific day at the office for young Tony.

Tommy25, packybhoy, Dan Breen and 8 others like this.
  12. stew37

Boy needs to change his name to convince some folk he's a good player.

His last ditch clearance last week was one of my favourite moments of recent times.

13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He absolutely deserves the new, improved contract

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I love him, he’s exactly what you want as a Celtic player in terms of heart and passion, he’s obviously a Celtic fan growing up so it’s great to have one of our own out there on the pitch

15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Still looking for someone to post that. Been searching for it but no joy.

stew37 likes this.
  16. stew37

Absolutely living the dream. Luckily the crowd at the game are more supportive than folk online!

I love seeing young Scottish and Irish players doing the business for Celtic. What a buzz it must be, I'd be running about the pitch greeting lol

Tommy25, ArturBorucCSC and Graeme1888 like this.
  17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes done amazingly to get himself into this team and keep himself there with croatian international being bought for the position

in his present form i think hes holding onto the right back slot with the skin of his teeth hes as rough a player i can ever remember playing for us, rough as in so many parts of his game seem to need work done on them

but what you cant take away from him is his heart determination character he shows every time hes on the pitch, hes like a captain

maybe if he gets time in the first team which were definitely not known for he can really tune his game and be a decent player

what i fear is he'll slide out the team and his confidence and game will fall away to *

18. LloydsGamble

He's actually fantastic defensively.

19. stew37

I love him.
    It's not as if he's a * player. I wish fans would just sing up the Ra.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If he loses some muscle and gets leaner then it will. But then he’ll sacrifice the biggest part of his game - his power.

He’s 23 in a couple of weeks. Not a kid any more. I hope I’m wrong and he turns out class, but I can’t see it at all. His biggest problem when he first broke through remains his biggest problem about 5 years later.

So either the coaching has been literally non-existent, or he just doesn’t have the natural technical ability.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.