1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 2 - 0 St. Johnstone

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 19, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 2 - 0 St. Johnstone in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Madden beaton and Welsh the unholy trinity of hunness and when there's a bad tackle on a Celtic player and * all cards are produced one of these * are the ref .
    The club need to grow a set of balls and speak out about the number of bad tackles and even assault with Vickers today and the player involved is still on the park .

martin_d, eire4 and OziBeerMan like this.
  2. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Was thinking this today . Ajer would have been ideal . Could carry it in to the final third and give us an extra man over in attacking areas. Massive to have a CB with that type of ability and a big miss !

Dan Breen and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    The club needs to lodge an official complaint regarding the officiating, and do it after every single win, not defeats. That way it doesn’t just look like a case of sour grapes.
    To be honest I’m astounded at the referees in Scotland. We’re playing against 12 men every match.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question about it. The fact that the St Johnstone lad didn't get sent off for kicking out at CCV is crazy. Then actually giving CCV a yellow card for I don't know I guess the crime of assaulting their players boot with his body was risible.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Your right on every point there. Always felt this was going to be one we would really have to earn as you knew not just would they sit in and be difficult to break down but they have some decent players to do that and a keeper in Zander Clarke who I think is a very decent keeper.
    But though we played well and really were patient and the result you felt was never in doubt. Brilliant to see Giakoumakis get his first Celtic goal on his first start and a really good finish it was too. Should hopefully really set him up to be a big contributor for us going forward. Great to see Johnson get a good half hour and he was excellent really a constant threat after he came on and of course unlucky not to score with the shot off the post. Credit where it is due Starfelt was very good maybe his best game since signing for us. He has taken and rightly so a lot of criticism but was very good today and Hart I think literally did not have to make a save in the entire 90 minutes.
    Your also exactly right about the latest "honest mistake" when the St Johnstone player kicked out at CCV and somehow was not sent off. Totally agree that we as a club need to start highlighting these "honest mistakes" which maybe it is just me but they seem to be happening even more frequently this season so far.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  7. AussieGreek

That * kicking CCV and swinging a punch not being red carded is one of the most bizarre refereeing decisions I’ve seen in many years.

8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    [​IMG]

Yep the decision was disgraceful ... the re-action was tremendous ! long overdue !!

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats a qaulity picture. Shows the entire teams in it together.

10. Heb Celt

You can tell by CCV’s reaction that Kane deliberately boots him in the chest,the whole stadium knew it was a straight red.This cheating from the refs needs brought up at the next AGM,not that our spineless board will do Jack * about it.

eire4 and Rydo1888* like this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Giakoumakis = GeorgeG.

Heb Celt likes this.
  12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Seems to me he is following instructions or simply wants a calm game by punishing both teams and thus avoiding having to control a game that may ignite . By booking both players he is making a statement - he is potentially ready to give a red card either way.
    This a stupid and totally unfair way to deal with CCV who was the one offended against. Kane should have walked !

Wee Baldy likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I wonder if he would have followed the instructions if it had been a hun player getting booted and slapped about?

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just out of a matter of interest after the cheating that went on in our game by the ref, does anyone know if wee fat * got booked for running into the crowd to celebrate?

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Totally see your point. I was reading a lot about this in this forum in pre-season, regarding how badly Celtic are treated by the referees in terms of free kicks not given for bad fouls or the cards that should be given as well. Having watched the games so far this season it is quite obvious that it is happening. We get pulled up for fouls that other teams commit on us that go unseen. There is something terribly wrong going on here in the SPL with the refs at our games.

I can honestly say that there is not one hard man in this squad that I can see. Celtic are a footballing side, not a side that resorts to thuggery yet we are not protected from thuggish players in other teams. We seem to be targeted.

I was so angry that even in a pre-season practise match our players got roughed up badly. Dembele and Johnstone both got serious injuries in the match with Bristol City, and that was in England. The players that did it stayed on the pitch. Only now can Mikey play but Dembele is still suffering.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes he would have but that is because there is a separate set of instructions that only apply to zombies! No question it would have been a red card in that case.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    George Theodorou and Wee Baldy like this.
  18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    He did get booked at some point in the game. Dk if it was then. Ridiculous if not.