1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Were mccarthy, Shaw, and the other guy from Sheffield all Ange signings?

2. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Shaw most certainly wasn't, as that deal was announced last January! I'd have my doubts that any of them were. But I can see McCarthy playing a part once he's fit. No idea about the others as I don't watch the B team, but those who have seen Shaw play seem to rate him.

3. Heb Celt

This was one of the major issues under Lennon,whole team would be out of steam halfway through 2nd half,whereas under Rodgers we’d be punishing teams in the last 15 minutes when they tired.Can see us getting plenty last minute goals once we’re fully up to speed.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

And people were wanting him sacked just a few weeks ago..

Have some patience ffs..

We're not the finished article, far from it in fact but we're definitely heading in an exciting direction, let's see where it takes us.

5. Onefootwonder

I won't get used to it and it hasn't always been like this.

We had a few poor performances and results with a threadbare squad. Weeks earlier everyone was raving about the performances and how great a man Ange was.

For "supporters" to turn on Ange so quickly was undeserved and unacceptable. There's a lot of people on here that need to stop reacting so negatively and badly. It makes the forum difficult to read and ultimately the moaners make themselves look like plonkers.

6. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    As a casual reader on here got to agree. This place is full of terrible takes and terrible fans, some of the worst ive ever seen in any sport, some times I think they are just hun trolls that are into deep so they have kept the act up for years on end ..

tbf this forum is old asf I remember browsing this * 15 yrs ago when forums were popular the only * left here are boomers living in the past with unrealistic expectations so its not really a surprise.

The celtic sub on reddit is a way better read and fans that actually support the club with positive takes and support for the team win or lose..

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Sometimes it's worthwhile to remember that this forum only represents the views of a tiny fraction of the Celtic Support as a whole including worldwide. It's a snapshot of how some fans view every current situation and change their minds continually. The mindset shifts continually and sometimes seems a bit schizophrenic. Football fans are passionate and right now it's full of highs n lows. Most of us are desperate for Ange to succeed here and take us on another winning run.

8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    That Celtic page on Reddit is full of tubes. Nae wonder you feel more at home there.

9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    BBC Scotland just cant help themselves ! but Ange puts the wee tadger back in his box .

Alisdair Lamont: Congratulations Ange, was that a fully deserved three points?

Ange Postecoglou: You don’t think?

AL: No, I’m asking you

AP: Funny question to start with. Yeah, well deserved. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I think we controlled the game really well right from the start. They’re a good team. They showed it against Leverkusen and Betis. We controlled the first half well. They had to work really had to stifle us a little bit but we still created some chances, denied them any opportunities then we felt that they would tire in the second half because they were working so hard.

The game opened up, we got a really good goal. After that I thought that we could have had a couple more. Credit to the players, they stuck to their task and I thought that they were really disciplined right till the end.

AL: We were saying in commentary, by his own standards Kyogo was maybe having a quieter game than usual, finding it a little bit difficult to get into the game but it was someway to announce himself into the game wasn’t it? The first goal was a thing of beauty almost.

AP: Definitely, it must have been a glass half full commentary today. We worked really hard and that is part of the process you know. You are playing against good teams that aren’t going to give you the space. I thought in the first half he was working really hard both defensively and making runs. We couldn’t get it through to him because the space wasn’t there but that is part of the beauty of it, you’ve just got to keep going, he is always a threat.

[​IMG]

It seems that Radio Scotland struggle to acknowledge an impressive performance and result when it is played out in front of them. Perhaps their presenters have spent too much time in the company of Billy Dodds, Neil McCann, Mark Hateley, Derek Ferguson, Richard Forster and Charlie Adam to recognise talent and ability with their own eyes.

10. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    You either laugh at it or lose your mind. Ange has adopted the correct mentality. He's wise enough to know what they are up to.

I liked his response at the weekend "Im not worried about our league position because the title race ended last month according to you lot".

The last thing I want is huns in the media thinking they have any affect over the mentality of our club. It should be water off a ducks back to us.

bagforlife, OziBeerMan, eire4 and 3 others like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In my lifetime, it has always been like this.

Fans will criticise when we lose, especially in games we’re good enough to be winning.

It’s no surprise a manager is questioned at a point where we hadn’t won a single away game despite having played several. Fans are well within their right to voice their concerns even if you don’t like it.

rudebhoy67, greengrocer and Peej like this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So happy clap along and ignore potential warning signs of things not being right, leaving things too late to affect any real change and lossing out on record league titles?

I don't believe for one minute any fan was wrong to call out Ange obvious weak points over the last few weeks. They are valid concerns that still remain today and could remain in 3-6months time.

Doesn't make the fans wrong or bad for calling it out and using a forum to vent on it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

rudebhoy67 and martin_d like this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree that he deserved criticism, but people started talking about sacking him and one looney even wanted Strachan as a replacement

In fact I'm not even innocent in this myself, had we lost to Aberdeen I honestly would have wanted him gone, even tho in hindsight it would have been the wrong decision.

I think some people (myself fully included) need to take a step back and realise the atrocity Lennon left us with. We're clearly improving under Ange and if he's given time he'll win us the league.

OziBeerMan, craigtheceltic and Peej like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I was about at the same stage. And I don't think that's unrealistic.
    Had we dropped points to the sheep, then there really is merit to discussing removing him as manager.
    As it is, he won that game and has since won the next two as well.
    I said (not sure if on here or not) that the 8 games after the sheep (2 in to it already) are very key to this season, it's a somewhat "easy" run with two games against ferncvaros that are tough, but should kick start the Europa campaign.
    If we come out of these games with maximum points, I think we are sorted. However if we are still to stumble our way through dome of these (now) next 6 games, then it's still a major concerns that is totally warranted

All ifs and buts, of course, but folk can't now come back after a 3 game "run" and tell everyone else that they was wrong to question things.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  16. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I can't wait to see his reaction to beating the Huns and with the way we're capable of playing we really have it in us to take them apart.

Peej likes this.
  17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He knows he got it wrong the first game and they were there for the taking.
    It'll be a different game in the new year

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I wouldn't regard him as a failure if he doesn't win the league.

It all depends on the context. Ive said from day one I'd give him a season regardless, IF I seen real improvement. If we lose the league by a few points I wouldn't be calling him to be sacked as I dont think that gets us anywhere.

If we absolutely * it again and theres no evidence of him turning anything around, then aye, much more cocnerning.

When you consider what state the squad and club in general was/still is in when he arrived, taking the title very close along with clear progress and maybe a cup or two, would not see me wanting him sacked, as hard as it would be to lose another title.

Mickmac, craigtheceltic and Peej like this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    76BCBB16-3B41-4DBF-8E0C-1FD44BC8A967.png

You really calling geniuses like these, tubes?

Avatar Daizen and Slaw like this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    How Ange has handled the media's penchant for being negative towards Celtic has been notable and something I have really been impressed with and enjoyed. That quip from this weekend been a great example.

bagforlife and LectersLuncheon like this.