1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No one dares say anything about him now, for fear of being told off

:fear:

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

NomDePlum likes this.
  2. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    People are conflicted to be fair.

Most fans really like Ange, they like the majority of tactical changes he's brought to the club, and he seems to have an eye for a player.

On the flip side, the results have been nowhere near good enough in the league, knocked out the champions league, 2 defeats in 2 in EL group stages (8 goals conceded).

A lot of people are still sitting on the fence because its difficult to make out whether we're making progress under Ange

packybhoy, The big Viduka and Peej like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Champions league knock out was expected. One round too early though. Then we actually done well to get through the europa.

The way we tore apart betis was eye opening. Again the defence * it. Personally iv seen enough to give him this full season. Iv never seen celtic go at teams like that. Much better than watching us get a lucky break once every 10 minutes.

One things for sure, we need to spend big on 1 midfielder and big on a LB so solidify us and allow this attack to work wonders. If we don't he'll fail and its a shame because its got the making of something special.

bobs1974, Wllm, OziBeerMan and 3 others like this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I never really judged Ange on the CL defeats and even the Hearts defeat, it's essentially been since the loss against Rangers where our football has dropped off a cliff, with the wins against Ross County, Raith and Aberdeen being pish alongside the dropped points/El losses.

Break came at the perfect time for us, lets Giakoumakis and Scales get further fitness, Juranovic back for the EL game and more time for Jullien/Forrest to recover.

Tomorrow's game is really tough, infact the next 3 games is a really tough run, and because of our previously dropped points, Ange can't even afford a draw. Here's hoping tomorrow is our turning point.

MagicBallBhoy, Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  5. JamesM09

Ironically it was bang on topic for a few posts until you posted this !

But generally aye it goes off topic.

* the board.

kramer1 and NomDePlum like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Sgt Neppers*

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ange was either told he's going to be the one getting rebuilt (sacked), or simply lied to.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Seems to be alluding to a DOF there?

Good that he's very vocal about the backroom staff needing a mot of surgery..

It's probably taken him aback just how threadbare and tinpot we are behind ghe scene's for a big club. Playing squad included when you see what he took over..

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has thanked supporters for their commitment to the Club as they are set to arrive in great numbers at Celtic Park next Tuesday for the Club's match against Ferencvaros.

Ticket sales for the match on Tuesday have already been excellent for the Europa League match, which will unusually take place on a Tuesday afternoon.

Due to the Cop26 Conference taking place in Glasgow, Police Scotland informed the Club that no home matches may take place on matchday 4 of the Europa League. This means UEFA must schedule two home fixtures in the city on matchday 3. Police Scotland, stewarding companies and other matchday service providers are unable to facilitate two major fixtures at home on the same day.

Therefore, the date of the match had to change from the normal Europa League slot and is required to have a late afternoon kick-off to avoid a clash with UEFA Champions League matches.

We can assure our fans that we made significant representation at the highest levels to try and avoid this eventuality. Clearly the Club wanted to avoid this change and undertook discussions with all relevant authorities, exhausting all avenues to try and establish a better solution for the club and our supporters. However, none of these other options were successful.

Everyone at the Club understands the frustrations of supporters and we are absolutely aware of the difficulties which these circumstances cause supporters. However, we sincerely thank all those fans attending in advance. Of course, we are disappointed that a number of fans will not be able to attend.

Ange Postecoglou said: "I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank so many supporters for committing to next week's match.

"We fully understand that this is a highly unusual time for a European match. However, I can assure our fans that we will be doing all we can to make it a good occasion for us and do all we can to get a positive result for our supporters.

"It goes without saying we would have preferred different scheduling, but we have to go with it and look ahead to the game positively.

"But while the circumstances are totally outwith our control, it doesn’t mean we don't understand the difficulties and issues which will face supporters in terms of a change to the normal routine, perhaps in terms of getting time off work and having to work around other things to get to the game.

"It’s obviously very unusual timing for the match, so all the efforts being made to get there are truly appreciated, by myself, the players and everyone at the Club. It is, of course, a real shame that a number of fans will not be able to make it, something we totally understand, but we will do all we can to get a result for all our supporters.

"For so many fans to have committed to the match already demonstrates again what a brilliant support we have. So on behalf of everyone at the Club, I want to reiterate our thanks for such great support.

kramer1 likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Totally this Honda, think he even knows himself that he needs midfield help and a left back of substance (assuming juranovic plays his part).

But the big question is (til he gets this chance in January to sign them), is he able to do something now to stop the bad run of results?

martin_d likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not sure I got that impression myself

Reads much more like a generic response to generic questions.

"I know him, because I've worked with him" "he says he wants long term success like I want it"

But (as good as it is if they are on the same page), there isn't anything I'm reading that suggests they are actually doing any work of substance.
    Just sound bites to say everyone is on the same page.

We thought that 3 months ago....

Cena and Slaw like this.
  13. Bonobhoy

Just get points on the board fs.

Sick of all this bullshit now.....just win games and play football

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly mate, I get being sceptical but… background * that much of a mess that we know that we need to do something, I can’t see us not trying whatsoever, it’s if it’s good enough that’s the question for me.

Because even this shambles of a board have shown that’s what they want, cheaper to produce guys like McGregor or Forrest or even Tierney, than buy them. I can’t see that not being the end goal, but it’s if we can even have a semblance of competence at actually doing it well

Peej likes this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Much speculation as to what Ange will do in the January transfer window. I still feel we need more strength in defence.

Italian and Greek teams build their teams from the back, then midfield, then attack.

The Italian second division and Greek first division may be a market to be looked at for players aged 21-23 to be had for an affordable place. They have fit players with good ball skills in these football - crazy countries. Having a look at the national U21 squads may also yield a good prospect.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Greek teams have the foundations set by the fantastic managers of the Greek NT: Rehhagel and Santos. Basing one's team on a strong defense is entirely logical- but I'd actually like Celtic to take first team coaches from Greece and Italy, not just players.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm just not sure I'm reading the article properly. Perhaps my sceptical mind is in overdrive, but I'm unable to pick out what positives Ange is actually saying, specially about backroom stuff.

He's talking about building in January - suggests to me transfers and not backroom staff/structures.

Other than that I'm not seeing much else that is telling us anything other than lipservice stuff that most managers spout when between windows and obviously need to get new faces in still.

Not a dig at Ange, I'm just not reading anything that isn't a generic midseason interview.

18. seanm

Needs to get kennedy and strachan to * imo HH

19. Sin

The absolute state of this guy! :56:

Peej likes this.
  20. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Really hope Ange gets his own team in soon, Really hit home how important it is to have a strong backroom staff behind you watching the Feyenoord documentary which I found really interesting to see what goes on from a coaching/recruitment point of view.

Got me thinking is it like that behind the scenes at parkhead because it should be the input from the fitness coaches etc they were not afraid to voice there opinions any time I've seen Kennedy on tv all he seems to do is shrug his shooders

Peej likes this.