1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The sight of his name instantly makes me sad. Horrible wee * of a human.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Everycunt in the board room :fear:

3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    dont hate him to many good times for that , but he tarnished his own legacy and thats what saddens me .

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he’s on a mission to tarnish his legacy at this club forever, however, the fans ‘backed him for 20 years even when he was a piece of *’ is arguably one of the worst things I’ve seen posted on here by a Celtic fan and I’m not surprised whatsoever of who that’s come from.

His only crime was being an Irish catholic playing for Celtic and him failing here as a manager and refusing to accept a modicum of responsibility for it doesn’t rewrite history.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Fair point haha, although I would argue they never had a legacy to begin with.

AdamRS likes this.
  6. murphy88

I lost a lot of respect for him when he walked out at Fir Park wearing the poppy. You would think being an Irish catholic he would know better.

Selik_Selleck likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That didn’t make him a piece of *, nor did the vast majority of fans back him for it so I’m unsure why you’ve quoted me there?

8. murphy88

I never said it did. You pointed out his only crime was being an Irish catholic. So I told you where I and probably a lot of others lost a lot of respect for him. He had previous as well with his “heart sank” comment. So based on they incidents, if Irish catholics did view him as a “piece of *” it’s understandable in my opinion. Not that I would see it like this.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

OK, so, in relation to my post where I’m saying we didn’t back him for 20 years even when he was a piece of * - what relevance does your point have?

He was never a piece of *, whether you (or anyone else) disagreed with certain things he done. And the entire crux of my point is the SMSM would have loved him to be a piece of *, or something even close to that, so they curious vilify him worse than he already was.

The suggestion Celtic fans backed him blindly when he was this evil * is condescending and patently incorrect pish.

10. murphy88

If a section of our support viewed him “as a piece of *”, then based on his actions regarding the ones I have pointed out, I think it is understandable. What a slap in the puss to people who lost family and friends at the hands of the Brits when he walked out with the poppy on. That’s the relevance.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Did he not cheat on his wife a number of times back in the mid 2000’s?

He also threatened to have a woman he was * behind his wife’s back stabbed, because that woman found out he was * yet another woman. 3 on the go at the same time.

He’s a rat.

DonnyCelt and Valhalla like this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shocker.

13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Couldn't care less about him * tbh

It was more the threats he made against the women that made me think differently about him.

I didn't like the "my heart sank" comments either.

murphy88 likes this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Hoping his pal Dudu cam get him a job in Israel :56:

Absolutely no one in the UK will touch him. Proves what a disaster his second stint here actually was.

Guy ruined his legacy here imo. Like others have said, if he'd have come out and admitted it wasn't working and that he took his share of responsibility and said its time for a change then yes in time I would've maybe forgiven.

But to act the way he did and continues to do towards the players, club and especially the fans, the very people who gave him the support he needed over the years, that's unforgivable.

To me, his image and memory will be nothing more than a * stain on our club from now on.

Guys a *. Wouldn't even have him in the Ex Players section I'd wipe him completely from this board.

But hey, that's just my opinion of him, others are very we'll entitled to have theirs.

Creativecelt likes this.
  15. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Can we not close this thread? I’m sick seein us react to the latest * that he spouts lookin for attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I know I'll get shot down for saying this as some people will view it as sacrilege...but I thought he was overrated as a player. I know there's a need in the game for the type of job he did, break up play and move it onto others quickly...but just think he was overran in a lot of high level European games. Should have posted this in Controversial Celtic Opinions thread...

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’ll be heartbroken at his adopted country losing that tonight.

18. JamesM09

Absolutely right. I don’t think we’ll ever see someone given so much by this club and this support only to then treat that same support with so much contempt and, arguably, hatred.

We had people on here as late as February defending him and arguing that he was hurting etc. when it turned out he was actually just looking after himself and couldn’t give a * about the ‘new fans’ that weren’t putting him above the club.

Above all else he’s let those supporters down.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has claimed some Celtic players pulled out of games when fit last season.

The former Hoops gaffer opened up to SunSport on the club’s failed ten-in-a-row bid.

Lennon left Parkhead in February and claims want-away stars dragged down the rest as Rangers romped to the title.

He said: “We’d won nine titles in a row — four Trebles — and some players just got to the end of the road

You could see it pre-season, the body language, they weren’t with us. You could smell it.

"Some players were, I wouldn’t say feigning injury, but they could have played and didn’t.

“This eats into the dressing room.

"You’ve got great pros like Scott Brown and Callum McGregor, unbelievably successful, being dragged down by guys who don’t want to be there

Before lockdown, we’d been rampant, we’d won at Lazio.

"But after three months of players going home, the environment changed. Players found it difficult to adjust.

“But Juventus didn’t win the league, PSG didn’t, Real and Barcelona didn’t, Liverpool won the league by 20 points, then lost six in a row at home.

"It was unprecedented and we were the same.

Did I want to leave? Not really. But you want to do what’s best for the club, especially with what Celtic means to me.

“I won five out of seven trophies the second time, though, and Steven Gerrard has won one out of nine.

“People think it’s easy coming up here but you have to win every week — a draw isn’t good enough.”

Lennon is keen for a return to management this season and dismissed suggestions he’s too fiery.

The former Celtic boss says all the best managers have an edge.

He added: “When I first took the Celtic job, I was a firebrand. I wanted to fight the world.

“In my second spell I was the essence of calm — too calm almost, going against my principles.

People have a misconception of me being volatile, but I know how to win trophies.

“I look at Pep Guardiola at Anfield and I love him for that. Sometimes your players need to see you fighting for them.”

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Just leave it lenny.

Players didn't have a * clue what you were wanting and you with the board threw away the 10.

And I'll keep saying it.....I am pretty convinced that is what the board wanted.

Papped money on the huns and self saboteured
    Shame on pros being fuds but being a stubborn * and stealing a wage was pish

And I said when lenny left he started this and will finish it.
    * how I was wrong