1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bob Loblaw, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

There some like the old board who are still alive and should be interviewed by the police in the goings on at the boys club and I bet they know something or people who could help the police in their inquiries .

2. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    That's on them

Our fans continuing to bring them up while discussing this serious issue are being equally hunnish

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Tuco Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    BOTOB,GRACE

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  4. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    [QUOTE="Tuco, post: 7034313, member: 37407"
    but it is nothing to do with us and all to do with the people who done these horrible things in the past![/QUOTE]

Lower than a huns belly

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seriously uncomfortable with the way the club have handled it.

Dealt with it appallingly so far.

6. Tuco Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    BOTOB,GRACE

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The whole episode is an embarrassing stain on our football club and it should never have got to this stage.

We should have looked after every single victim and got them all the help they needed both emotionally and financially.

snails67, James Mc, Hammy89 and 6 others like this.
  8. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    No we shouldn’t have
    Maybe offered support through counselling etc but no way should we hand over money for crimes committed by torbett cairney etal
    Maybe we should push for a public enquiry into historical child abuse in Scottish football and then see where the cards lie and also see who is against one

9. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    How do you know that
    How do you know that the club haven’t been doing things out of the public eye
    There may be victims who do not want any of this played out in public and Celtic may have been offering help to them, as I say,, we don’t know what Celtic have done behind the scenes

10. joemc

No the people who are keeping this going while suggesting the club should compensate all the victims before its went to court , or am I wrong and we should accept they have the same name so we are implicated in some way , let's say Mr fitzpatrick murders someone and police arrest you because you have the same name and you are tried for this , is that proper justice ,no even if we have links to this organisation it still does not mean it falls on us to make sure there is no wrong doing happening , it falls on the organisation to vet employees and whoever is the umbrella that should monitor these things ,if it was known there was issues and and it was kept quiet then those responsible for doing so should be held accountable , not the club , I understand this subject is way to sensitive to give opinions on but I can't see why people want the club to pay up as that would mean they are guilty of something.
    Carried out as Legally instructed am sure .

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Scary sad opinion.

12. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    How so
    Because I said Celtic fc shouldn’t throw money at the victims or because I said there should be a public enquiry into abuse in Scottish football and not just celtic

MagicBallBhoy and joemc like this.
  13. joemc

Here is an interesting thought , our club should go after all the media and paper headlines, quoting our club while referencing the horrible actions at another all the while it now becomes synonymous with our club and has prejudiced thoughts on anyone who will have a say in the proceedings , I hope we sue the * out anyone who has mentioned us alongside the abuse .

Creativecelt and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Because its the right thing to do regardless of what Scottish football or * tramp scum think.

You have lowered yourself to their levels.

Valhalla likes this.
  15. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Celtic shouldnt pay a * thing.
    The board members who didnt block the scumbags employment are the ones, if any, who should be made to pay.
    A public enquiry run by someone outside Scotland is what should happen and the SMSM should also be held accountable, along with SFA.

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So many legal experts fannying about the periphery of what's the right thing to do. * any Celtic fan that hides behind the separate entity badge, you disgusting heartless *.

Worse than orange * huns.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Weird that this of all things is wit * are defending the board on.

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get it man....I love my club with every fibre of my being but creepy * turn it into some weird defensive palaver, and a Scotrish football/ hun ...what would they do thing!

Not the views of the real fans I slurp booze with every week and most decent humans would realise children were hurt and it affected their lives emotionally and long term, their financial stability.......#weirdcreepycelticdas.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This isn’t solely a Celtic issue, it’s not even just a Scottish football issue, or world football issue or even just a football issue at all. Abuse happened and still happens at positions of power all over the world. Football, youth clubs, religious institutions, anywhere where vulnerable and or impressionable kids are found. Abusers do not belong to one sect/country/religion/race.

What I thought marked us out from the rest is we as a support accepted our faults and wanted the club to do the right thing. Sad thing the longer this goes on the more I’m seeing some saying why just us, why not X and Y?

True reform comes from within, * what anyone else says or does, own your own * and then life will judge those who refuse to look inwards yet judge others.

For years I’ve despised the point scoring from other sections of society but I have always believed we should concentrate on our own house. I will not go down the “what about them” route.

This is about the victims. No one else.

20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Hopefully common sense prevails and the club settle out of court, no victim needs to go through all the abuse that they suffered again. If they continue to fight the case and win I hope they still provide proper compensation and more importantly the support that the victims need