1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s the next manger in waiting.

There is no plausible explanation other than that for him still being there.

Can someone tell me any first team coach in the history of world football who has lasted four different managerial reigns?

2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    So what I take from this is, that eben if he isn't officially a defensive coach, he is for sure very active in coaching our defenders. Which means he is partly responsible for our * defending.

Then, if he has coached Ajer so often, even on his free days, why, in five years, has he never coached him how to do headers? If a coach can't teach that in five years, he isn't a brilliant coach as so many try to make him out.

Players praising him doesn't help him, if on the pitch we don't see results from his work. He proved, when he was caretaker, that he hasn't a clue about tactics. He, who Ajer said helps so many youngsters developing, didn't even * play them when he had the chance to! No, he prefered to play guys who were leaving anyway instead of developing "his" youngsters in a league campaign that was already lost.

All we have that "proves" that he's a create coach are words from mates.

Where ever you can see his successes as a coach, there's always someone else in charge (Rodgers).

The few chance you had to see his own doings he * it up, when he was caretaker.

You can't even say he was the key for Ajers great development, as there were many others involved too. But what you can say is, that he, who was a defender and specifically worked with Ajer on that, wasn't able to teach him how to do headers in five years and that doesn't let Kennedy's abilities look very good.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I doubt he does. He just thinks your statement was * mental, which it is.

4. Forza 67

You his advocate, Doofster? Let the man speak for himself.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* up. Just bored of seeing your drivel in various threads.

HTG and Valhalla like this.
  6. G40B

John Kennedy isn’t our defensive coach. Our coaching set up is far too threadbare to designate coaches to certain areas of the pitch.

It really is a tinpot setup. Leverkusen had a fitness coach out with their players warming up at the side of the pitch - I don’t think we’ve even replaced Glen Driscoll, after Rodgers’ departure.

7. JamesM09

You seriously kidding on he wasn't part of the failure and performed abysmally when he was in charge for 10 games?

It's just that he doesn't smile? You can't think of any other reason people might not rate him?

8. Forza 67

The brunt of the blame lie's on the board and Lennon, Kennedy is just an assistant/coach, I agree he shouldn't be our manager and I never advocated for that. Ajer was praising his work on the training ground and Rodgers tried to take him to Leicester, people who actually work with him, seem to rate his coaching abilities yet know it all's on here seem to think he doesn't offer anything, Kennedy is the least of our worries though I don't agree with him being forced on managers if that's the case.

9. G40B

Kennedy is a worry, as the pre-requisite of him being assistant manager clearly impacts our ability to appoint proven managers.

10. Forza 67

I'll be the bigger man here and put you on ignore, I don't go back and forth with children.

11. Forza 67

Is that really the case though? I don't think any of us on here know that.

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So what is he, Assistant manager, or coach?
    Does it matter, we are rank at defending set pieces, delivering and attacking set pieces, our fitness and stamina just dont seem to be at required level. And been like that for a long time. All this is basic requirements. Sure Rodgers hyped him up but he would have went with him if he was any good.
    Him and Strachan should have been canned along with Lenny. Cant believe Ange has not got his own people in to support him. Maybe thats why Howe never took the gig, if this pair were being forced on him.

Leone Naka Fan and Twisty like this.
  13. G40B

It’d be very rare for a proven manager to ditch their own team for someone like Kennedy.

I suppose Benitez has done it at Everton with Ferguson, but he’s a genuine legend there and proved himself whilst interim manager - something Kennedy definitely didn’t do.

14. murphy88

So Ajer basically confirming that Kennedy does work with our defenders, even if his official title isn’t “defensive coach”

Who would have thought it.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Obviously, he works with all the players at the club why would that exclude defenders?

16. JamesM09

I’m not getting into yet another one of these debates. Suffice to say there’s plenty of reason not to want him here other than his ability (or lack thereof) to smile.

You even alluded to the number 1 reason at the end of your post. i.e. his closeness to a toxic board.

17. murphy88

Well we had people falling over themselves to point out that he wasn’t classed as our “defensive coach” to try and relieve him of any blame for the fact that we are like an * team trying to defend set pieces. Even though Kennedy himself has said in the past that he was responsible after the Malmö game.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He isn’t the defensive coach. He is a coach. Just because he isn’t the defensive coach doesn’t mean he just patches our defenders? When was the last time we played Malmo?

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How close is he to the board?

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Move him out , if he works with the defenders to improve their game then he is even worse that I originally thought , get him out and let the manager get his own people in .

Dan Breen likes this.