1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Controversial Celtic Opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jul 7, 2021.

Discuss Controversial Celtic Opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He needs to balance his wishes to implement his style with getting us over the line in games. If doing it slightly more gradually would keep us in the hunt til January when he can sign players more suited to carrying out his style then that would be more pragmatic IMO.

The current system seems to be like a Basketball game. We'll attack you then you attack us and after 93 mins we'll see who comes out on top.

packybhoy and Peej like this.
  2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I didnt say any of that though, did I? My point was that the club being a shambles at the moment in my head is treated as a separate issue to what's happening on the park. I didnt say noone gets blame. Of course Ange and the players can be criticised, if you look through threads I've criticised the system myself and said numerous times I have doubts. Its not unacceptable to point them out but there has to be a balance and an understanding that things might take time and thee have absolutely been some mitigating circumstances.

All.im saying is I think patience is needed, that doesn't mean I'm happy about how things are going at present.

Peej likes this.
  3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

We definitely need bodies for this system. Lack of energy in midfield is the biggest failing so far for me, even worse than the full backs. We've seen such a down turn since Kyogo got injured and Christie left, no coincidence for me, need that energy. I think that makes it more end to end because we don't have the capacity to win the ball in midfield and the slow press is just being by passed

I just trust (or more like hope) Ange knows what he required to get us purring.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think most certainly the view of "right guy, wrong time" will end up being how we view Ange here.

I'm just really not sure there is much more time for us to be patient with him.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s * ridiculous after a couple of months then, some ridiculous bad luck with injuries and at the very start of the process of the rebuild.

6. Forza 67

You've came across as an uber fan, calling people entitled *'s that don't follow your line of thinking, the goal every season is to win the league to suggest this season is a write off is ludicrous especially with automatic CL qualification at stake, we are the biggest spenders in the league and dwarf all team's financially in the league bar Rangers who are bang average themselves and have dropped 5 points in 7 and yet we find ourselves 6 points behind, people are absolutely right to question Ange and the fact he's underperforming with what he has, it's 7 games into the season but the signs don't look good right now, if he doesn't win tomorrow, his position rightfully will be questioned as there is no point persisting with things when it's clear they aren't working, we seen how that played out with Lennon last season.

7. ddub11

Me or him:50:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

That's exactly what you did say:

"the club is a shambles right now, but thats not on the players or manager."

Separating board issues from team issue, the team's performances are adding to the shambles at the CLUB.

I understand folk wanting patience, but Ange has been here for 3 months - he's been playing this inverted full back nonsense since he walked in. So far taking in EVERY game he's managed, we've conceded 28 goals. That's on the manager AND players.

Fair enough he's been battling with major injury issues, but for me that's even more criminal that he's working with a limited squad, deploying limited players yet trying to play some sort of "sophisticated" and extremely over-complicated system - trying to put round pegs into a square hole, if you will.

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Well you've taken that in a different way than it was intended. The shambles on the field for me is still has direct links to the catastrophe we saw in the past 12-18 months. Ange has a job of fixing an absolute mess and there has to be consideration for that. That's why I treat the board issue and the current on field setup with a different set of eyes. I think there has to be some leeway for the manager based on what he's walked into. That's what I mean by its not on the manager or the players (although admittedly some of those were culprits last year) , and that will take a lot more than 3 months for anyone. It's a quite a mess and I'm willing to give him a good bit more time to fix it.

He's not blameless though and things have to improve eventually, that's a given

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Ah, some crossed wires it would seem :50:

I'm judging Ange solely on Ange's time here. Clearly yes he has came in late to the party, and is trying to implement his own style to the players, and while it HAS worked at certain times, there has been more times than that it's failed.

Obviously having certain key players injured hasn't helped in the slightest, I still cannot look by the defensive * he's set us up for and with. It's probably worse than the defensive shambles Lennon put out last season IMO, at least thus far. If he can't see after 3 months it ain't working, I honestly dread to think of the levels is may be at come Christmas time.

The positives is that we ARE getting in to the right areas attacking wise, and we SHOULD be able to capitalize on that with Kyogo being back fit, Giakoumakis finally being fit enough to challenge, Jota showing his quality, Abada always looking like he can do something, and of course Calmac being back in the squad.

Forrest coming back in is a must, as well as Jullien when he eventually gets fit enough.

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agreed, and it’s not exactly rocket science either.

Compromise a bit on your philosophy now and you might be here long enough to see it implemented in full. Don’t, and there’s a decent chance he won’t make it to January imo, or at least we won’t in shape to mount a title challenge.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed..

I'm on my knee's here :90:

13. mayo

Big Ange will struggle to come second

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Delete before any * sees..

mayo likes this.
  15. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The next 3 - 4 months are obviously going to test Ange to the limits, but I’m confident we’ll come good, especially domestically (can see it going right to the wire between us and the currants). Think we’ve left ourselves with just a bit too much to do in the Europa League, and I think even trying to get a play-off place for the knock-out stages is now beyond us. I like the cut of big Ange’s jib and hope it works out for him. I like most of the new players that have been brought in and the team is electric going forward (Jota and Kyogo are class), but the defence is still our Achilles’ heel. The sooner big Jullien is back, the better. So, yeah, generally, I’m still optimistic.

16. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I never rated Tam Rogic...

17. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can someone move my post above to the Ange thread? Cheers.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    What sort or time horizon would it not be considered ridiculous over? If we were still sitting mid table half way through the season, is he fair game then?

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If it shows absolute no signs of improvement.

We’d have struggled in any other season with the injuries we’ve came through just now, never mind when trying to bed in a new team. Can’t see the form just now continuing.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Over what time horizon though? Genuinely curious to know. How long would people be willing to accept no improvement, failing further behind etc?

I don’t think our current form will continue either, but that’s based mainly on it being so * awful :giggle1: we’ve only won 2 of our last 8, and that was against Ross County and Raith Rovers. It can’t continue in the same form, but I’m still not confident on taking maximum points from our upcoming domestic fixtures.

JamesM09 likes this.