1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MAP

He's called it a 'project' from day 1.

He's still calling it a project.

I have little doubt he said to the Board it's a project to rebuild the team and move forward.

You can get hung up on the word project if you like; it's just semantics. Don't you think all clubs from time to time go through these sorts of rebuilds?

Would you prefer we all use the words 'basket case' instead of project?

OziBeerMan and Kiro Kompiro like this.
  2. Kiro Kompiro

Makeshift CB's, and a 19 year old kid with 4 games under his belt. If that's the options he had open to him, no wonder this team is *.

Noskeil, Sydneysider and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. Kiro Kompiro

:giggle1:

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Although we have brought in some good players such as Kyogo and Jota, we now have a weaker squad than last season and will be struggling right up to January when, hopefully, we can get new players in. Once again, this * up is all down to the board and I hate every last one of the money loving tory scum for allowing this to happen

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Yes, that's true but winning 2 in 7 is down to the manager.

If we lose tomorrow, that's 2 wins in 8. Appalling stats for any manager. You can't keep blaming the players.

I like Ange but he has to take responsibility for the results. If players aren't doing their jobs, it's his role to fix it.

6. rusty83

Fav Celtic Player:
    rogic
    Agreed but hitting the post three times, Ajeti missing an absolute sitter and giving away a stupid goal, while dealing with at least seven starting XI injuries is down to misfortune rather than bad manager. The reality is at least in terms of current availability of players Celtic are probably no better than teams like Dundee Utd, so draws and losses are not unexpected at this stage, especially given the lack of a competent striker. Neither will be losing to Leverkusen, a super strong Bundesliga team tomorrow, who are vastly superior on paper.

The current weight of expectations is a result of the Celtic brand and historical achievement rather than the tangible realities such as injures, squad depth and experience. Wait for key players like Forrest, Mcgregor, Julien etc to return before casting the man aside. Tomorrow’s result should not affect Ange, there’s no way given the current dire circumstances outside of his control that Celtic can be expected to get a result.

7. MAP

You should listen to his interviews; if I had a dollar every time he took responsibility for poor performances I'd be retired.

Mr Cleansheets and OziBeerMan like this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That's not true.

The team fielded was superior to Utd in nearly every department. I know our bench wasn't the strongest but it was still stronger than Utd's and better than some of the players they started. They had a 16 year old playing, who was extremely comfortable all game. I'm not saying he's not a talent but you can't say he's currently a better player than Starfelt, CCV, Juranovic or Ralston. Only Ralston hasn't a full international cap for a decent national team from those players, I believe.

We most certainly have a better team than Utd and the ilk. It's just making excuses.

Yes, we hit the post against Utd but 2 wins in seven isn't down to bad luck, injuries or player error. It's down to the manager.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not saying he isn't. I'm saying people that are making excuses need to realise it's not down to player errors or bad luck.

Also, part of taking responsibility is adapting to resolve the issue, which I haven't seen yet.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Postecoglou bears a large chunk of responsibility for the results thus far, regardless of how many excuses are made for him.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    * Twitter rumblings that Gordon strachan will be caretaker by Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah this just isn’t true.

Irrespective of how bad our injury situation is, we shouldn’t be finding ourselves mid table. Literally every team with the exception of Sevco is massively under resourced even compared to our injury reflected squad.

Expectations have largely been adjusted which is why we’re on the whole expecting nothing from tonight and being fairly reasonable about this being a ‘rebuild’ season. It doesn’t mean sitting mid table almost a quarter of the way through the season is in anyway acceptable though.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You Aussie * took your time coming on here to make excuses for Ange.
    Was the internet down in Oz and you all had to go to the library to find the Big Book of Excuses but it was already out?

14. leeso-ardoyne

Not even worth a post! Behave yourself!

littlekennie and McKagan like this.
  15. celtic warrior

How many chances are we creating every game?

By the looks of things we are doing around 16 shots at goal almost every match.

Ajeti is * guff, annoyingly though he's c.v reads well in terms of teams played for, and one season where he scored goals in Swiss league.

But by and large since his move to West Ham and then to us, he's been a * donkey.

Ange can be at fault, fairly, for defensive set up, but even still, I'm willing to give him some measure of benefit because for the majority of his time here he's had to use guys like Ralston in defence.

But we are creating so many chances every game and it's through his style and instructions that's happening, if * like Ajeti can't solidify he's spot in the team and actually * well finish them that is on Ajeti, Ange has set up the system to create, Ajeti's job is to finish it.

He isn't. So what is Ange left to do to resolve that while everyone else is injured or away on loan?

BTW, just incase anyone else tries to pick up on and try twist it somehow, no, no I don't want Griffiths anywhere near this club at all.

OziBeerMan and George Theodorou like this.
  16. oh bhoy

i dont know why so many are holding out for the january transfer window to fix everything ,the summer window was nowhere near good enough yet we still dont have a head of recruitment or any structure to deliver the players we need next time round

17. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Listened to his latest press conference and I'm sorry but I don't how this guy carries himself.

18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I seem to recall almost the very same excuses being trotted out for Tony Mowbray.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

No even being funny but if we're using missed chances and throwing away a lead in Europe as some sort of defence for him then we would be as well getting Lennon back.

20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Be as well getting Mowbray back.