1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

So how can Ange adapt?

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE Postecoglou has rounded on what he sees as a condescending tone in questions about his tenure at Celtic so far.

The Aussie coach is adamant he’s well aware of the size and scale of the job in hand in rebuilding the club to its former glory.

And Postecoglou admits he’s been irked by any suggestion he’s not aware of what he’s got himself into by entering the Glasgow football caldron.

He said: "To be honest the only thing I don’t like is the condescending nature of the questions that somehow I don’t understand that if we don’t win games of football (the consequences) or that I don’t understand the magnitude of the football club.

“That somehow I’m in charge of the rebuild and I don’t understand the ramifications if I don’t get it right.

“And maybe that’s the intent, maybe people just want to be condescending. That’s up to them.

“In terms of pressure or criticism or scrutiny that’s fair enough. That’s what people who are passionate about the game will do when they analyse a team. I’ve got no issue with that.

"In terms of calling it early, I see no reason why you’d be declaring somebody a champion in September when you have 30 odd games to go.”

OziBeerMan likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I really do like him, but you can see the pressure is there..

I think he's absolutely got the strength of character to come through it..

A decent performance tomorrow night will help.

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    He really does speak well but we need results. I still think he's only got a few weeks left unless the results get better.

Rydo1888* and Artorias like this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Nice guy but it could be that he's way out of his depth, i'd like to know what the Board were smoking when his name came into the conversation as a possible candidate for manager, especially off the back of last seasons debacle.

I think we'd all hoped for some sort of response, a show of ambition, instead it looks like a re-run of last seasons *.

Nothing personal against Ange, don't blame him for taking the gig, but he should never have been offered the job in the first place.

6. TheHappyLoss

I know it’s not how it works but I think if he’d more or less had his first 11 available this season we’d be top.

7. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

He's not wrong. The media are condescending in their questioning and have been since he first joined.

A chimp could get a job as a journalist in this country and ask better questions than the current mob do.

"So Ange, are you looking to win the game?"

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Proven as such by the fact that Kris Boyd is getting his mug and whoreish mouth in every media outlet, well, that and he's a hun...

Noskeil and Colin Robinson like this.
  9. JamesM09

I’m not defending them because they are all moronic *, but to be fair a press conference before football matches is universally stupid as * anyway.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I hate when he comes out with his wee barbs for the media, it just looks daft when your doing *.

11. Martybhoy53

The hun lickspittles in the media in this country are so far up the scouse * *. I would ban them all from future press conferences. We don't need them. Get them to *.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No it doesn’t. Calling bullshit out needs to be done.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  13. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    He was probably the only person the useless * on the board could actually get to accept it. The finger of blame for this season so far lies at the door of the * running Celtic into the ground. Asset stripping and expecting a manager no one had heard of to fix it on the cheap. It would be interesting if he'd thought * this and walked, there would be nowhere for these charlatans to hide.

The Prof likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's been mentioned a few times in here, but it looks like Ange is at the club at the wrong time

He's the sort of manager/gamble you take when you've got a well oiled football club, not a family run business that's giving jobs for the boys.

Celtic is in a position where we should have some of the best coaches in the UK here, where developing managerial talent is second nature to us, much like players.
    Just like clubs across Europe in a similar position to us can do (Salzburg being the big fish in their small pond).
    But we don't.

If Ange doesn't get the results soon, he will be out the door. But that blame, for me, isn't totally on him.

It's on him, in the sense he's the manager and he's not getting the results. That's how football works.
    But there are bigger issues at the club and unfortunately for us (and Ange), the manager will change sooner than this board will

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Prof, Hammy89, AdamRS and 3 others like this.
  15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

My only question is this who will do a better job with our threadbare squad right now? I don't mean that as if the job is not attractive. Am of the opinion our club is attractive to most managers in this world. I just don't even think the best managers could get amazing results with the players we have available right now. Give him time

OziBeerMan and Boruc17 like this.
  16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Pressure definitely getting to him now.
    Who'd have thought it, a 56 year old coach, who's whole career has been spent in non league Australia and a couple of years in Japan, would struggle here ?
    His demeanour has changed drastically the last few weeks.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Problem with guys coming out of the Red Bull clubs is that both Salzburg and Leipzig are run incredibly well off the pitch that the coaches just focus on the team.

We have so many holes in our upper management - CEO, recruitment department etc. That it's a tall ask for anybody to come in. We literally need a big character and give them free reign or we need to get our act in order and appoint candidates with genuine quality and/or potential that will take us forward and allow the first team coach to...coach.

Both won't happen because DD would have to take a backseat and allow others more qualified and people that actually care about their roles and the club to take us forward. We're DD FC and we're not changing any time soon.

Having said that, I'm not saying Ange is for the chop or that we could attract anyone who has been in Salzburg on holiday, let alone managed the Red Bull team there. Most decent candidates wouldn't be asked for an interview.

James likes this.
  18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Eddie Howe would have us sitting at top of the league with this same sqaud.
    If Tam Courts had our starting 11 and Ange had Tam's, then I dare say Tam would have won. Similar to Martindale.

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Even if it's a joke, it's * awful.

20. murphy88

If our board weren’t completely useless and showed some ambition, and actually allowed a manager to choose his own backroom staff, we would have Eddie Howe.

Hammy89 likes this.