1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He’s clearly not jobby though. I mean, at some point it just becomes sheer stubbornness to not be able to acknowledge there’s a player there, simply be asked he failed here.

Agreed that the ticket incident didn’t help, it was a * move by him.

Leone Naka Fan and stew37 like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Fair play to the lad an unlikely story for sure, the pressure was too much at that stage in his career when with us.. But he's shown good character and seized his chance in Belgium, as well as making him a 1st pick for Scotland.

Taz and Noskeil like this.
  4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Done really well against PSG's attack. Night and day from the player that was wearing the hoops, he looked confident, aware, good positioning and brave. Where was this guy when he played for us?

Fair * to him though he's definitely making a career for himself so good on him.

5. Born green

I honestly think we gave up on him far too quickly. Yes, he had a bad few games for us but how many games was he actually given? We have had so many CBs that didn't quite find their feet until later in the season or even their 2nd season. Hendry got, what, 10-15 games? Kelvin Wilson, Gary Caldwell, Thomas Rogne, Krristoffer Ajer, Johan Mjallby, and some others, all started slow but were given time and turned into great players. Hendry wasn't afforded the same patience, and now we have lost an international defender for basically nothing. Terrible business.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    27 games and he was * in practically every single one of them.

We all cheered when we got him out on loan and when we had a release clause. General feeling was we done well to get our money back and we all prayed he would impress even just enough for them to be daft enough to spend the money on him.

He was.

No point now greeting (not saying you are, but some seem to be), because he impressed more than expected. Fair play to the lad.

If he spent another season here getting 27 games for us at that same standard, he would likely have flopped further and be in league 2 England right now.
    Fair * to the lad getting his career sorted.

I also recall an interview where he explained, himself, that he didn't do remotely well enough or apply himself at Celtic the first time, admitting he would do better if given the chance again.
    I think he would have been given a chance, but again, we left the release clause in there for a reason, so fair *.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy and Maestro 08 like this.
  7. Maestro 08

He simply wasn't good enough at us. A truly terrible performer time and again. If he's found a place where he can thrive then great for him but it doesn't change the fact he was woeful at us and was never going to be afforded the time to change that. I also maintain he hasn't impressed me for Scotland either.

8. Born green

That's more games than I thought. I also didn't know about that interview. It really reflects his character that he learned from his mistakes and has the determination to succeed. Good on him.

Plenty of others have come to Celtic, failed, and disappeared into obscurity. Pukki is another offhand that I can think of that excelled after failing here. It doesn't happen too often though.

Well, at least Scotland will benefit from his renaissance. I can still support him that way. It also means the likes of Welsh are more likely to get game time here without him in the way.

Peej likes this.
  9. StevieBhoooy!

Celtic probably just wasn’t right for him…

… but we do seem to have an ever increasing list of players that don’t perform for us… yet go on to be a success elsewhere.

Quite frustrating.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    People will rewrite history but he was a shambles at us..

Looked a total donkey. Running in circles and tripping over his self at Firhill. Getting tortured and laughed at at Tynecastle..

There was a wee spell where he was at fault for a goal in 3 or 4 game's on the trot I'm sure. The early game at Celtic Park in the qualifier against Rosenborg where he done his usual and * it and they went up and scored first half..

He's done well it seems but he massively crumbled under the pressure here..

Sean Daleer, Liam Scales and Peej like this.
  11. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Proving a lot of people wrong, fair play..

12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I thought this guys future was at Ross County, he was wretched, can't believe he's starting every week for Belgiums best team and seems to be part of a solid defence for them in the CL, mental

13. john2061

Some players just can't do it at Celtic and perfect example was pukki .

14. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Interesting to see his good form to continue at club level. When I wanted to see what's this hype of last season about I watched one of the pre European Championship games of Scotland and he still was a donkey :giggle1:

Somehow seems to just do better at club level, even in the Champions League. Fair play to him, he's still an * though for ripping of his own supporters with these derby tickets.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. mayo

Sickening we replaced him with Starfelt

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Naw its no. This guy was more of a donkey than starfelt.

17. mayo

He’s starting every week for Belgiums best team and is part of a solid defence for them in the CL. He’s clearly no donkey. People can’t accept players can improve.

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

We didnae replace him with anybody. He wasn’t even getting a game.

JC Anton likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Whats to stop starfelt not playing great in a well drilled German defence? Or don't you believe players can Improve?

20. mayo

He can improve but he certainly couldn’t play well in the champions league on current form like Hendry is