1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

What are you talking about? Where do I mention the bench other than offer a hypothetical opinion that if we did have a stronger bench we would only see like for like substitutions.

Read stuff properly before you reply. You only end up looking stupid.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Trying to play Ralston and any of our left backs as essentially centre mid is something he could change without actually making subs. Ralston was gash at the weekend and I don't think Montgomerry passed to a Celtic player when he came on. Uniteds chance to win it at the death again exploited that weakness

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I took the same from what you wrote too, I must be stupid also.

Taylor, GG, Forrest, do I need to go on about first team players you seem to have missed off the hypothetical list you whittle out. We don't have a strong bench even when first team players get back that bench ain't going to be up to much.

4. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes, you do look stupid then.

Where have I disagreed that the bench is weak? In any recent post. Bearing in mind the post you are both talking about was a reply to another.

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

And what "hypothetical list" is this I've whittled out?

6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Where is he going to pull this mythical striker from? We have 3 first team strikers GG, Ajeti and Griffiths. Out of which, one is injured and on is on loan at another club.

7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Should have been opinion, not list my apologies for that.

8. Rogicisgod

Aren't the b team players eligible?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

9. Mr Cleansheets

Disappointed not to see Shaw, Lawal, Moffat and even maybe Brooks as part of the discussion.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Needs to call out the non red card assaults and other abysmal decisions that go against us. At every opportunity, win, lose or draw.

Mickmac likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Aye but theyre 15-16 year old kids, nowhere near first team. That's how shambolic the recruitment was during the summer. Joey Dawson (18) is probably the only other option but from what I've heard he's not near 1st team football.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Considering we was about 5 players short at the end of the window, and then we have about 5-7 players now out injured, it's a mystery why we haven't made a move on some names on that list.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Desmond obviously hasn't heard of many of the names on that list

Peej likes this.
  14. Foley1888

Agree with a lot of your points but to say 1 of 32 crosses was effective at the weekend isn’t really fair. There were a good few chances created by good balls that our players failed to put away. The Ajeti sitter came from a Jota deep cross and Abada squaring it, the Ajeti header from Ralston (cross was too hard) but should have been a goal and there were a good few more Rogic header of the bar should have been a certain goal.

We do lack a proper aerial threat but the goal we did get showed a good ball can set up a header for anyone, Abada is only 5’6 it’s whether they can finish it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Kiro Kompiro and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  15. JamesM09

He'd sign the lot if they were Irish.

Because professionally run outfit by astute businessmen etc. etc.

Noskeil likes this.
  16. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    With this board? Sign players nae chance

Then there's the fitness question, how long until they would be match ready.

I keep seeing pundits saying we should sign jack Wiltshire, should we * we do not need another permanently injured player

Peej likes this.
  17. saltire78

Mate, I get what you're saying here, but saying that he's not adapting to the players correctly is a slippery slope. You bring in a manager to change the players and move them forward, not to regress his style/philosophy to the inferior players. That Ange is having so much trouble with this is a testament to how * our standards club/team was last year, how mental our start to a season is - that was our 16th competitive game of the season already; not including the international * and also how much we've weakened with transfers out and injuries.

This is gonna be a long haul, and it won't get any shorter/easier by our own people turning on each other. I'm not saying blind loyalty and obedience, we definitely need to light a fire under the board about January, but we need to be patient and realistic about the rebuild, and about the guy we've brought in to do it. If we knee-* or Ange starts to flip-flop under pressure, this season will join last as a pointless, negative only waste of time. We need to give Ange at least the next transfer window, and we need to tear the board out if they don't do it right, because we can't afford to keep letting it all slide like we have done

Kiro Kompiro likes this.
  18. Maestro 08

I agree with you up to a point but he had 3 seasons in Japan and performed well in one of them. The other two were poor. If he is struggling to get a tune out of them then it might not just be to do with the players at his disposal. Let's be honest he has failings and the jury is out. I think with our resources and quality of player we should at the very least be beating Dundee Utd at home. 3 domestic wins from 7! You have to look at the manager at some point in a run like that.

19. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Oh. Like the 16 year old United threw in and managed to keep ajeti in his pocket
    Let’s be honest United where missing important players aswell and yet a 16 year old done a job for them and ange got outthought by a rookie manager who was managing a junior team basically not so long ago

bhoy81 likes this.
  20. Onefootwonder

Ajeti missed a complete sitter and had three or four very good chances. It was more chances than he should have needed to win us the game.

I don't think when he's had so many clear cut chances you can say he was in anyone's pocket. He had the chances, just * them up himself.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021