1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 23, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    This is a massive issue, not just yesterday either. Both centre backs were silent, very little from any of the centre midfielders and a lot of whinging from Ajeti. Never a good sign when your GK is the captain. The most energy was coming from Ralston & two teenage wingers..

10/4 Kemosabe likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Just seen these highlights and he was impressive as * yesterday..

Quite a sobering video of how much they bossed the midfield. Fuchs was also good. How we could've done with a player like this in our trio..

I've got to give credit for how they took the game to us. Quite a young side and they do have some good player's. Fuchs and Levitt. The Finnish winger. Their 16 year old centre half..

They've lost Jamie Robson and Shankland. Didn't have Liam Smith playing. Their captain Mulgrew. Their best striker McNulty..

Very sobering for us but I watched them play like that against that mob as well..

Wllm and Maestro 08 like this.
  3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it was refreshing to see a team having a go, credit to dundee utd for that

i wouldnt be suprised to see other teams coming at us like that against as we just dont have the legs in the team to cope with it

MAP likes this.
  4. Maestro 08

Aye, I was just saying that in another thread about Fuchs. Harkes as well, both honestly look on a par if not better than some of the options we have in midfield. Its kind of worrying how poor our strength in depth is. Going through both sides it's a toss up who actually had the overall better quality players on the park yesterday.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Their game against us is the only Dundee Utd game I've seen this season. Has he been like this consistently so far this season?

6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Just watched the highlights of the Dundee Utd game again. We should have scored 5 goals. What was lacking was the correctly measured crossed ball, getting in the correct space and angle to meet the ball and score, being close and picking your space to score.
    The basics. Things you should be practising and repeating and perfecting in training to a point that its as natural as breathing. Things that a Celtic player should do well each time in training and then displaying on match days.

I am not referring to the shots that hit the woodwork.

These 'misses' are happening every week. Why ?

Kyogo however has got the basics right and we have see it in him. He does it consistently and he learnt his football in Japan.

What does it say about our club at present ? A lack of time in preparation ?

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm no sure, I haven't seen him loads either but he was proper impressive in our game..

On loan from Man United..

Wllm likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There was link here Levitt's highlights for the full.game but been deleted now @Mr Shelby

It must be up somewhere. Mentioned him numerous time's throughout the season..

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Cheers mate

I'll try and find some more footage.

McChiellini.. likes this.