1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

3 weeks after an alleged rebuild in the transfer window.

The Phoenix and murphy88 like this.
  2. john2061

Was hearing arseholes today on podcasts saying he should have took Ajeti off and went 3-5-2 so who's the two playing up front two * wingers I take it as we have * all attacking options on the bench .

3. murphy88

If you looked at our bench since the transfer window closed, you would think it was pre-season friendlies we were playing.

4. ddub11

Not expecting to much activity in January myself,when all our injured players return we will have a fairly healthy squad good enough to win the league and im guessing our board will think the same.

5. Forza 67

I guess we don't have enough midfielders, only Rogic, Turnbull, Soro, McCarthy, Bitton, Shaw, Henderson and Lawal to choose from right now, Moffat can't get a sniff yet looked like he had potential in pre-season, no idea what's going on with Giakoumakis, apparently he's now available for Leverkusen.

6. MAP

I appreciate your considered reply (amongst some of the tripe that appears here); I enjoy a good discussion. I'd respond but flat out with work.

Kiro Kompiro and JamesM09 like this.
  7. Maestro 08

Livingston were bottom of the league and beat us so I don't have great expectations of going there and winning.

We're a shambles defensively. Glass will be rubbing his hands together after analysing our game just gone.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Just reading back some of this thread 3 months ago people were claiming we could make the latter stages of the champions league fast forward to now and we're fighting for top 6. Probably the most Celtic thing ever :giggle1:

Callum McGregor and Maestro 08 like this.
  9. Maestro 08

I wish we could fast forward 3 months to this magical Jan window that's going to rescue our season :62:

The Phoenix and James like this.
  10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Then it's just as well your not a manager either.

A good manager doesn't necessarily need to make personnel changes to alter things on the pitch.

11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Its all in the training of basics and in the attitude. Celtic under Stein, both domestically and abroad, were a powerhouse of a team and became a household name the world over. The players wore the shirt with pride, played for each other and did not shirk on the field. They got the job done and entertained as well with beautiful football. They also were not on comfortable money players are on now. It was all about the football.

Players need to stay hungry to play well. I mean that in terms of attitude. Getting paid well is what everyone wants. Players need to give value for money as well, otherwise they become duds. They start getting too comfortable, start believing all the media hype and become deluded, get distracted by the flash cars, the lifestyle, houses and attention and football performance starts to fall away. I stated it before, Dundee Utd played very well against us with good fluid football and their lads looked better than our team, given the money they get compared to ours. Its all about the attitude. Its all about the football.

Celtic did it in the past. With the right attitude they can do it these days also.

The Board needs to step up and be worthy of its position. Help this team and club progress.

ddub11 and Sydneysider like this.
  12. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    FFS :56:At THAT ☝
    But his ongoing cough?

13. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    100%...in recent games he's gone to 2 at the back, always width getting changed, positioning too. Subs just give you fitness.
    Our problem is missing several of our BEST players. Take away ANY other teams best 5 or 6 players, they going to struggle. We are no different.
    At close of window MOST were content, we were moving forward fast. Sadly injuries are to blame right now. And this is a TOTAL squad re-build. Good teams need a strong 17, and 8 or so Soro types as 100% last option. This might take a year, 18 months to click. But will he get the time?

14. Mr Cleansheets

When the * is Kyogo due back?

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not soon enough man.
    Think we are looking to after the next international break?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

16. FairDinkumMate

I think Rodgers would’ve struggled with that team against Dundee…kidding yourself if you think otherwise. A half decent striker and would’ve won

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hope their tongue was firmly in their cheek. Ffs :56:

18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Despite the injuries what we have left is still, by and large, better than what Livingstone and Dundee utd have. Dundee utd were actually missing a couple of their better players too.

He hasn't gone to 2 at the back at all. All he has done is carry on this nonsense of moving fullbacks infield. The wingers did appear to switch in the 1st half on sunday, for about 2 minutes. Wether this was tactical or just down to how the game flowed at that point we don't know, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The only other time he has made any sort of positional changes during a game was raith rovers and those were only to give minutes to certain players at 3-0 up.

Even if those injured players were available the only guaranteed starters are mcgregor and furuhashi. Also, even with a stronger bench I'm not so sure we wouldn't just carry on seeing the same like for like style substitutions from him.

19. FairDinkumMate

The bench was bereft ….can’t believe you’re serious or taking the *

Kiro Kompiro likes this.
  20. Rogicisgod

I think Ange is making some mistakes.

It's a mistake to have no other strikers on the bench. I also think it is a mistake to play one alone up top when the opposition drops back that deep. 32 crosses against Dundee. Only 1/32 was effective.

As poor as Ajeti is when the ball is getting crossed when it is one on three or four he is never going to be in a position to score consistently. The goal we did score arose out of abada drifting in to make a line of two in the box.

I think it is a mistake not to change the shape under those circumstances.

I also think that he is being tactically exploited in the wide areas. Recently, several goals have come from the opposition using the traditional areas of the full backs which are vacant once the fullbacks are inverted.

Additionally he has shown the he is consistently late to make sub decisions. Not once has the decision to stick with what has not worked turned out okay. Often the team has looked better after the sub has been made - soro for McCarthy is a recent example of this.

Finally, it's a recipe for disaster playing Rogic and Turnball so much. Ange's style demands extreme levels of fitness that neither of these two possess. He is gambling here and the likely result is that they are both blunted through lethargy or worst case, one or both sustain a long term injury.

Honestly, he has got a few problems at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    stevoEOS likes this.