1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Bitton or Soro, is a bit like Sophie's choice for me..

Moffat, at 1-1 probably not the right time to throw him in.. If we were cruising aye..

It was a poor performance and Ange takes responsibility for it, but his options to change it up were, severely limited.. That's not an excuse, thats just a fact..

He needs time, time to put his own stamp on the squad.

The attacking players he's brought in, Kyogo, Abada and Jota are exciting..

celtic warrior likes this.
  2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There was nothing to lose by giving him a chance instead of an ineffective Ajeti. I'd start the boy against Leverkusen.

3. Mr Diggler

I think we could get a few drubbings in Europe with our style but interestingly we have only conceded 5 goals in the league so far. With Kyogo back in the side we will be a different animal. McGregor too but I have to be honest the football can be a but too gung ho for me. I prefer a more controlled approach. Pragmatic rather than the Ange idealism. This next month is it for me. A few more league defeats and languishing in the bottom half come October will surely be seen as utterly unacceptable- injuries or not.

4. celtic warrior

I get the hate toward Ajeti, but seriously? Putting a 19 year old B team midfielder in ahead of our only recognised striker.

Have we learnt nothing?

JC Anton likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He's a winger for a start.. Tough ask for him to make an impact in a game like yesterday.

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We've learnt that Ajeti's a fat useless *. That's why we've been driven to this.

celtic warrior likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'd have put Jota through the middle and stuck Moffat wide for a bit of movement

8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, it might, if you're giving your players instructions on just how to change things up.

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thought he was a striker, but okay. Move Abada into Ajeti's spot, if Moffat is a winger.

George Theodorou likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tbf Jota was gash when he moved to striker against Raith. Completely nullified his game.

craigtheceltic and Twisty like this.
  11. Maestro 08

I thought there could have been a player there if he got minutes and decent service. He had both yesterday and was hopeless. Had to step up and be counted but let us down. Extremely disappointing.

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

It would have been impossible for him to be worse than Ajeti. I would have taken Ajeti off as a point of principal he was hiding almost all second half

G40B likes this.
  13. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No he shouldn't

14. Maestro 08

You are spot on here. The knives are out already, just think if this continues for another month or so. You see a lot of fans talk a good game about giving him time but that's based on them thinking the results are coming asap. Its not long before the same ones are wanting him binned after a run of defeats and draws and that's regardless of them blaming the board for things. The logic just goes from '* board....back the manager' to '* board hired * manager'.

It goes back to your point about the line we've been fed from those that know him that he needs a season to get things clicking. A season!! It will be the first time I've ever seen that time given if things keep going this way. In reality he'll be out on his ear in a few months if it doesn't pick up pronto.

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's a poisonous club right now that effects the manager and the players. This is why I cant bring myself to blame Ange. Yes he has made mistakes but the club is a shambles from top to bottom.

craigtheceltic, JamesM09 and john2061 like this.
  16. john2061

Totally agree what is it with some of our support it's the biggest rebuild in years and the injuries has been horrendous and our bench is even more horrendous with no attacking options and I blame the board as we made 20 million profit from transfers and would have been better spent bringing in two attacking midfielders and another striker and maybe we wouldn't be in this trouble .

17. Maestro 08

Genuine question....will u still be saying this if we are still mid table in December?

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's why I didn't want Ajeti starting yesterday..

I wanted Abada through the middle as he has the pace and looks more of a threat on goal..

Play anyone else on the right..

Another game where Ange has went with the wrong guy up top..

Rogicisgod, Avatar Daizen and James like this.
  19. john2061

The squad is not strong enough to go on a title run and if the manager has all his players back in a month's time and we are mid table on 1st of January then that's a different situation.

20. Jeffrey

One thing that REALLY * * me off yesterday was this.

Currently at our disposal we have fit and available:

Left Back: Boli, Montgomery, Scales
    Right Back: Juranovic, Raltonator

instead of playing one of our LB’s, we play both * RB’s and one gets injured. Then ralston gets absolutely clattered in the second half. Which leaves us with one player available in that position. Idiotic, crazy, terrible management of an already * thin squad. * stuff.

Juranovic looks a player, play him in his national position. I also hate when the best player gets played out of position. We should build our squad around them, not fire them on the other side because they’re capable.