1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mayo

So you don’t think he could of done anything at Ibrox or Betis?

seanm likes this.
  2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Talks of a rebuild are nonsense? You not seen out bench even when we have a full strength squad?

We're always going to drop points along the way. You can't have a 100% season. We're the second best team in the country unfortunately and we'll be top two by May (a miracle would do nicely).

Ffs I'd hand Ange a 5 year deal than give Strachan another go at the helm.

Gut, perhaps?

Far too early to call time on Ange's leadership.

One thing is for sure, we really struggle without Kyogo.

Avatar Daizen and johnfife1959 like this.
  3. john2061

To some some supporters on here who want rid of Ang the first thing this * board will do is to put Kennedy in charge again and the board will * about for another three months to get someone in and they will have the same problem a lack of depth in the squad .
    The bench for months now has been a embarrassment to Celtic with no attacking options in midfield and the forward line and we are still six players short and that's not the manager's fault and the board have thrown Ang under a bus .
    Let's see what happens when all the squad is available and then judge the manager not when we * no options on the bench for every game at the moment .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Nah not just a self entitled * or someone that obviously has zero understanding on how football works. You need to get in the real world and look at what's happening to the club, still pineing over not getting Eddy Howe, boohoo (your greeting over someone that saw the * show and would rather still be unemployed than touch us with a bargepole. There is a common denominator here, there was one last season and the season before LOOOOOONG before Ange took the job and that is the unprofessionalism shown by our current board and owner. Rodgers saw it and go out as soon as he possibly could, he saw what was coming. Under investment in every department, unprofessionalism from board members that rule the club like a secretive state where the money goes in then propaganda comes out. Supporters like yourself still think we're a powerhouse club in the European elite, riding the wave of 67', where the sad reality is we are on the cusp of European obscurity, hold zero sway within European progression and like it or not become a selling club, buying dross hoping one will be good enough to sell in for big profit. The ironic thing about it is that it could be a good system, if the board invested that money back into the club instead of their pockets.

Wake the * up.

5. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I get where you are coming from but I don't really see us getting anyone in if we had to sack Ange, it would be Kennedy till the end of the season and I'd rather Ange just saw out the season if that's the alternative. If we lose the title by around 6 points I'd give Ange another season, if it's a gap similar to last season he would have to go.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think at Ibrox he should have played Kyogo through the middle from the start but Edouard had done OK in Europe through the middle with Kyogo on the left, got that one wrong..

Betis was a pleasant surprise they way we went at them, don't think he'll change that philosophy.. His team selection has been more of puzzle tbh, Boli back for Livi for example..

Today he had literally nothing to change a game with.

seanm likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Definitely not, he needs another window but he needs to buy that time too..

Last two league games have been unacceptable.

seanm, Mr Shelby and James like this.
  8. JamesM09

I think if we only lose by 6 points then by definition he will be doing well enough to merit staying in the job until at least the end of the season so in total agreement there. Whether he stays after the season in that situation just depends on other factors.

To be honest mate, I don't agree with the lack of alternatives.

We need to start demanding excellence. Assuming it goes completely * up for Ange (and it is just an assumption at this point) then as a support we need to demand better. That means completely rejecting Kennedy and completely rejecting any poor alternative.

The message should be: We want a quality manager and if you can't deliver that then you need to resign.

That is a completely reasonable request and, while it may be difficult, it's the mentality this support needs to start having. We have become very weak and very easily manipulated by a few charlatans we're too lazy to remove.

seanm and oh bhoy like this.
  9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * on here wanting a manager sacked after 2 months with an injury list bigger than fit first team players, no staff and no support. YET were happy for Lennon to get a second stint as manager, on the whim of winning the Scottish Cup with a squad that won the an invincible treble, then decimated it to what we have now. People were saying 'give him more time' until * December, yet after 2 months you've already made your mind up about a manager?

Absolutely mind boggling way of thinking.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can get that but when we speak about the board under spending/downsizing whatever you want to call it I see Ange as a big part of that granted that is through no fault of his own but when I can't understand people having a go at the board for a lack of investment whilst backing the manager who in my eyes is a large part of that.

seanm likes this.
  11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The huns are also rotten and will drop points so I think it's highly plausible for us to continue playing terrible football and lose the title by a small margin.

I honestly don't see the board having anyone lined up if Ange had to go. We missed out on our main target, another target maresca is apparently on the brink of being sacked at Parma according to the rags and the board are full of incompetents.

I also don't see the fans speaking with their wallets as the board will just appoint another cost cutting yes man who fans will want to give the benefit of the doubt and we'll be exactly back at the beginning again.

seanm likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Personnel-wise, possibly. Tactically, formation, playing style etc. I'd like to see more variety.

This idea of only playing 4-3-3 irrespective of how unsuited the personnel available are and how the game is panning out is absolutely infuriating.

Deila and Warburton walked this path before him...

13. JamesM09

I agree the board won't have any alternative - but it's up to us to change the board in that case because it's completely unacceptable.

I also agree fans probably won't withhold cash but they absolutely should.

If we dramatically cut the renewals as a collective support we would see dramatic change at the club in a relatively short space of time.

14. rusty83

Fav Celtic Player:
    rogic
    Hate to say it but felt that Celtic were a bit unlucky in this game. They hit the bar 3x, Ajeti missed an absolute sitter and the goal they conceded was a silly defensive error. On any other day they could’ve scored 3 or 4 goals. Considering also missing players and 1-1 probably exonerates Ange to some degree. The reality is things probably won’t get much better until key players like Kyogo and Mcgregor return. Its hard to win games with most of your second string side out there.

seanm and saltire78 like this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree with you but I just feel that will never happen unfortunately. Obviously covid affected how fans could display their anger but last season was probably as bad as can get for us and the board are still here. We miss out on our main managerial target, appoint a largely unknown manager and season tickets still sell out. Fans will always support.

JamesM09 likes this.
  16. JamesM09

I know, it's depressing as *. :thumbsdow

seanm likes this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Again we pointed out when he was appointed he needed his own staff and were told he didn't this is how he works so why is it a big issue now it's went sour ? We still even with injuries have the 2nd best squad in the country and we sit in sixth. I'm not saying I would sack him but we're not getting anywhere near what we were promised

Noskeil and seanm like this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Only guy who's wanting him sacked is a loony who wants Strachan to replace him.

Despite that, if he gets pumped by Gladbach and drops points at Pittodrie I can understand why people will want him gone, in-fact I'd probably want him gone at that point too. This squad is abysmal but Ange isn't helping himself with his selections (not playing Scales, bombing Bolingoli out after a good game, playing Starfelt over Welsh, playing a very unfit Ralston, not giving Henderson/Shaw, even Lawal a game to show if they have anything)

I didn't blame Ange for the Midjytlland and Hearts games, * I didn't even blame him for the huns game (should have played Kyogo striker but I understood why he played Edouard) but the last 3 games where we've dropped points are on him, in-fact we were pish against Ross County and Raith Rovers too.

Our core problems won't be gone until the board itself is ousted, but Ange isn't helping himself.

19. Forza 67

No one's a loony for wanting a manager with a proven track record and success here to come in and steady the ship of the mess we find ourselves in. You've said Gladbach three times, we're playing Leverkusen btw :52:

20. JamesM09

Overall I would say he’s on a knife edge.

It’s not unrealistic he could win the next 3 or 4 games, close the gap a bit and then get players back from injury and kick on.

It just feels more likely we will drop points and the gap will widen.

He needs to work hard and dig deep over the next few weeks. Everyone wants to look to January but that’s the wrong approach. It’s here and now that matters, not January.