1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Forza 67

It's a pretty sad indictment of Ange when the argument for keeping him is "who else do we get". Gordon Strachan for one.

2. stew37

Here for the long haul, behind him all the way as I would be any manager. Have less doubts about him than I did any manager aside from O'Neil or Rodgers.

3. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I would love that to happen, but I don't understand how you can possibly think he's capable of it.

The team have been plodding along, playing * football for weeks. We've routinely dropped points against dross, and he's shown nothing to suggest he has any idea of how to turn things around.

We're currently on track to do even worse than last season, and the exciting attacking football we were promised is the exact opposite of some of the * we have been served up.

I'd love to see him turn it around, but it needs to change massively right away, and he doesn't look like he's in any way the man to do it.

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Guess you've not heard this yet mate, Gordon Strachan died in the last couple of hours.

His last wish was that you delete your account. RIP Chesney :shamrock:

bhoy81, MacEwan and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's not looking good so far but he needs atleast one season. No point in sacking someone before christmas with the rebuild needed this year.

6. Forza 67

Talks of a rebuild are nonsense, there are no excuses for not beating the likes of Livingston and Dundee Utd, we absolutely dwarf these club's financially, we've got a team of International's up against the likes of Jason Holt fs.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Artorias, oh bhoy and mayo like this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Is a rebuild really a rebuild when you are still making a massive profit in the market and still miles off the number of bodies required

oh bhoy likes this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think most people are excusing the dross football on display by stating there is a rebuild needed. The point is there is no point in sacking a manager without properly giving him time.

9. oh bhoy

sort of like rebuilding your house into a tent.

10. JamesM09

I don't want him sacked yet and I agree with the sentiment here, but I think putting arbitrary 'do not sack before..' dates is the wrong approach.

Like if he loses every second game between now and Christmas are we realistically saying he would still be in a job by the time Santa comes?

It's as simple as this for me: Ange should walk or be removed the moment we have no faith he can deliver 3 points in league games. If I'm being honest, failure to win his next game takes us very close to that, and if he drops points in the one after that we can have no faith in him getting results, regardless of circumstances.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

He has now dropped more points than he has won the good performances were the exception not vice versa

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So, would you sack him?

13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

There are 4 managers directly above him in the league currently doing a better job with less resources.

bhoy81, Hammy89 and James like this.
  14. mayo

We can give him as much time rebuilding as we want but if he doesn’t know how to change things up during a match after 25 years in management he never will

Forza 67, oh bhoy and Artorias like this.
  15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If he punted Kennedy & Strachan Jr to bring in a couple of his own guys I'd instantly be a lot more positive, those two can't be good to be around after what they were a part of last season

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nothing to change up with really tho. So many players out..

Jullien
    Taylor
    Juranovic
    McGregor
    McCarthy
    Forrest
    Johnston
    Dembele
    GG
    Kyogo

That is mitigation tbf.

Noskeil likes this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly I don't know, I have very little belief he will turn this season around but the changes we need are higher than the dugout. I dread to think of Strachan or Kennedy in charge though but at the same time that's not exactly a defence of Ange. I think Pittodrie will be massive next week for him in terms of the support but I don't see him being sacked if we lose.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. murphy88

It would be pointless. We would just get the next puppet. I would sack him if I thought the board were going to show some ambition and bring in a proper manager, they wouldn’t though, so there would be no point. The next guy would just get the same backing as Postecoglou, very little.

JC Anton likes this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

20. JamesM09

I'll never understand why he didn't bring in someone he's worked with before.

Surely just from a pragmatic point of view it would help get his messages across if he had someone that knew exactly what he was saying and could repeat that to the players on his behalf. Someone to help cultivate the mentality he's trying to instil in the squad.

He basically needs to convince Kennedy and Strachan of his methods and mentality and hope they push it out to the rest of the players. I don't understand how that isn't a huge risk. For all we know Kennedy and Strachan * hate him and aren't bothering their * and are just waiting for him to go in a few weeks.

Even when a small retail store gets a new manager they bring in their own * people to help get things run the way they want. The whole thing is * wild.

seanm likes this.