1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Another thing, no manager in their right mind would take the Celtic job right now. Poison chalice. It's well known that Celtics management structure is a mess. A rookie or someone who wants to/can afford to take a gamble to promote himself to an English club might go for it..that's it. But that's not what gonna bring success

2. Mr Diggler

The next four league games will decide his future. Anything less than 9 points and he must surely be on the plane back to Japan.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would have so much more respect for him if he just came out and directly called out everything he has had forced upon him. Why does he have no coaches of his own ? Why has there been only 1 appointment with regards sports science ? Why was the window so poor and slow ? Why did Mckay really leave ?

He 100% has his faults but if he isn't a yes man as we have been told he really needs to come out fighting here he will get the fans back on side

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    We were flying before the huns game but Ange inexplicably changed things up for that game.
    Moving Kyogo out wide to accommodate Eddy who was leaving the next day was bizarre and we haven’t played the same since.

George Theodorou likes this.
  5. Foley1888

That went out the window when half the team did between injuries and selling Christie without a replacement. We play basically without a midfield.

Being honest I don’t think the manager is massively to blame today you have to look at the players we had enough chances to win the game comfortably and the players continuously wasted them.

reillers88 likes this.
  6. mayo

He can thank his blessings huns have dropped 5 points. Massive month ahead. Hopefully beat an Aberdeen team falling apart and then get a few back from injury during the international break.

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He didn't take staff to jobs in japan, or so we were told, so no having that. Plus he accepted the terms, so isn't exactly surprised.
    Again, injuries or not. The players we're able to field are far better than the 3 teams I mentioned. He's the problem, it's his shady system that is the issue.

All day today Utd got the ball and instinctively * it out wide, without looking or thinking about it, because they knew they'd get in. We are a disgrace, every team cuts through us at will. That's his fault. 3 of the back 4, he signed.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They'd probably sack and silence him if he did :giggle1:

I can only go by the telly but I never see Kennedy or laptop out with him. Anyone in the main stand seeing it during game's?

9. murphy88

It’s a disgrace how far we have fallen in a short space of time. This board have allowed us to completely implode, and they are getting away with doing so as well. Lennon should have been gone months before he left, a new manager should have been brought in long before they appointed Postecoglou, transfers were brought in too late in the window. Absolutely everything this board do is done too slowly. Rodgers was an exception to the rule, but it’s no wonder we cannot attract top managers with this shower in charge of us. Rodgers knew we could kickstart his career as well, so it was a smart move for him at the time. As soon as he lifted his profile, he couldn’t leave quick enough, and with every passing day, it’s easy to see why in my opinion.

Sgt Neppers* and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He shat it..

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

The Board have him by the short and curlies mate, they know he is greatful for the chance, having said that i could actually see him walking if things continue to get worse, honestly.

James likes this.
  12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    The rebuild will take time. I think we all got a bit carried away with the form when we had no injuries. We now see the reality and we have to give Ange time and have patience.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Orsenfelt and reillers88 like this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he is 100% the human shield for them but that's how I think we expected it to go

The Prof likes this.
  14. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    He came across in the interview as if he was “depressed”

15. G40B

I don’t think he’s the problem, I feel he’s already shown he can get us playing well.

Realistically, what was he meant to do today? There was no one on the bench capable of changing that game.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His flippant remark, about how he signed Starfelt to the journo early doors is coming back to haunt him now...

Because you've signed an absolute dud Ange..

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

See for everyone saying what was he meant to do with that bench we have ? We still have by a distance the 2nd best squad in the league where do you expect us to end the season if we can't beat the team at the bottom of the league or the newly promoted sides ?

Peej likes this.
  18. Celticbhoy97

It’s Dundee United that full XI of ours would walk into their team. No excuse for the utter dross we been served since St Mirren

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

They just don't want to criticise him at all. His system is a * scam, will get ripped to shreds by any single team that wants to.

James likes this.
  20. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Standing on the touch line, hands in pockets, not even trying to change things

aye it’s down to him

he’s the manager so ffs manage a game that needs something changed