1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Raith Rovers, League Cup, Thu 23rd Sep K.O 1945

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Sep 19, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Raith Rovers, League Cup, Thu 23rd Sep K.O 1945 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I am not from the US from Dublin but I live in Chicago currently.

George Theodorou likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I don't like the midfield 3 of McCarthy, Turnbull and Rogic..

But I dislike the other options more.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

they are slow and not great defensively and that means even if they wanted to track back defending (which you can see they dont) when they misplace a pass they cant get back quick enough and cant tackle effectively enough, leaving our not great at defending defenders exposed and leaking goals

at this moment for me it would be soro mcgregor and rogic especially at home against these teams that are prepared to sit in their own penalty area and frustrate us, when they break on us when we misplace a pass soro and mcgregor can win the ball back quickly or the whole team have to track back which then makes us really nervous about misplacing passes for the future and we try to be barcelonaesque with our passes which we cant really do or side side the ball to death

i think we really need coached in all areas which is hard because of the 3 days and a game period were going through since the start of the season, the movement up front is terrible when teams sit in ajeti has to do more to interlink with jota abada and rogic

teams wont sit back like this in europe against us so its a purely domestic problem

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It was a pretty average performance but always comfortable and did not take much out of the legs I would not think with Dundee United in mind for Sunday.

seanm likes this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It did seem like once we were on the lead we just put the car in second gear and stayed there for the rest of the game and knew we could because Raith did absolutely nothing in the game. Ajeti for me has shown a good attitude but I still have not seen enough from him to suggest he has a long term future at Celtic even as a backup off the bench. Just does not seem to have the kind of either mobility or physical presence we need up there.

packybhoy likes this.
  6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yep the scottish lustig ;)

seanm likes this.
  7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Some promise from McCarthy there especially his pass for the first goal which was as good as anything Rogic can produce. But he still looked off the pace at times and has a ways to go yet to show he can be a good signing and play a big role for us.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. joemc

Putting perspective on the game, we were poor, directionless, we fell into the latter stages of br reign of pushing slowly up against a brick wall with everyone (fans) feeling a sense of dejavu.

Truth is we are finding that system hard to break away from, finding out latterly that it was flawed and that if a team won't come out u can't make them and you end up with this every time.
    It can only be countered by scoring early or allowing the opposition to smell blood, a weakness and like a trap they come out thinking they will get something.

If you watch our games it goes wrong by playing to far forward, our defense passing it around almost on the halfway line trying to find space, ange has us taking chances passing around our penalty area, they smell blood and come out, it opens up space.

We have to stop playing it around to far forward or we run in to old problems, we have to take early chances and we have to accept we have so many changes to the squad that is not always gonna go well, Livingston old habits, raith was a bit of both and losing belief /confidence in wots being asked.

9. joemc

He was the worst player by far, passing was abysmal, jota too for that matter, but jota scored which painted a slightly different picture on his performance, never in a million years was that mot performance, but it also shows how disjointed a performance it was.

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question McCarthy is still off the pace but calling his passing abysmal thats harsh especially taking into account his pass for the opening goal. But no question he is still a long way off showing he can become a big player for us.

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

spot on

know what was * me off was same against livingston and others that sit in

each player takes far too many touches and telegraphs to the opposition where he is going to pass to which means that player gets shut down immediately, its really * * watching this coming from celtic

i just dont understand turnbull or rogic or soro taking 2 3 or 4 touches and telegraphing with his body shape hes passing it to abad or ralston which means hes immediately closed down and doesnt have space to whip the ball in its * chronic

and must point to the lack of coaching or listening to ange ? or ange is a fraud ?

the drop in intensity is ange telling them to do that or are they doing it by their own instruction against anges advice ?

joemc likes this.
  12. joemc

That pass like jota goal basically saved their game, they wer that bad, can't believe how many poor pass attempts both had tbh, abada was also as bad.

13. joemc

I worry that there is conflict of interest with the coaching, some feel Intensity is causing injury or fatigue, while the manager feels its absolutely crucial to making chances which it is, we scored a good few goals by intercepting poor passes and breaking into space before their defences settled.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. joemc

In the 3 home league games this season.

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

just get them doing some one touch football would open things up for us, ffs its not rocket science and you can understand the stadium fans groaning when we start this side to side slow multi touch football being doing it for years

obviously you dont do 1 touch all the time but we dont seem to want to do it period, like were out of ideas and wanting some magician player to make something out of nothing, its looks lazy and unimaginative

its not the way ange has us playing at the start but i can understand ange has a problem if teams sit in like they do but passing 1 touch and or quicker has always been the answer not slowing it down even more

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    That's uncanny. I also live by the sea at Hallam.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    It seems to me that by taking so many passes in encourages defenders to set up on their 18 yard line and defend as a block. That in turn gives less space to our attackers and midfield to work to create a goal. The more approach passes taken the more likely a pass will be intercepted. Six build up passes rather than ten would get the ball up quicker and allow more initial space created up front to enable a goal to be scored.

Leone Naka Fan and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. seanm

Ted lasso special to unlock parking the bus opponents.lol.HH

20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Exactly what I was saying last time. I am sure that felt good.