1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It can be erratic, no question but horrendous is way over the top..

He's young and playing constantly. He's shown already that he's a very handy player for us who can pick a man out. Stretch team's. Score goals..

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I do vaguely remember it now. Bad that I'm struggling as only just watched it :giggle1:

Decision making again. That'll come with experience..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He does seem to have a knack of poaching goals, which is great.
    But overall, offers very little, goes missing for way too long.
    Jota doing much better the now.
    We are sorely missing Jamesy.

4. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Everyone saying that Abada can go missing in games untill he crops up with a magic moment that's crying out for Forrest, go look through the Forrest thread, you'll see that exact same complaint.

Being 19 is no reason he can't be a regular, there's plenty teenagers that come in and are regulars from that age,even in the bigger leagues look at Sancho, Bellingham, Mbappe when he came through (no I'm not saying Abada is at the same level as them before anyone goes off on that one) the boy is doing well, he looked better when Kyogo is on the field but the whole team does. He has 5 goals and probably the same in assists just now putting him as one of our top contributors and he will probably stay up there this season if he can keep at what he has been doing

Forrest back will important he gives us a lot on either wing and it'll mean we actually have some wing options for the bench too, it'll probably help abada more as well as it will let him get a break and come on against tired legs at times, he does seem to be less keen to get passed a man than at first now but he is a quality addition

5. Lewis Kerr

I like him a lot but he's been poor since the hun game. His first touch and control is very erratic at times. Decision making has been * in the last two games as well.

As others have said, if our options weren't so limited I doubt he'd be getting as much game time. But he's a good player and very productive for someone his age.

6. JamesM09

Abada isn’t ready to start for Celtic. He’s a huge talent and has done very well to chip in with goals and assists, but his overall play needs a lot of work.

The board badly let us down with depth so we’ve had to throw him in to the deep end but if we can get players fit and get some depth in then Abada should really be managed through this season while someone works with him on his overall game.

7. Pearse67*

His passing is very poor tbh.

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. Foley1888

The positives for me is his output, he puts some excellent crosses in mainly low and hard which suits our forward line and also is a decent finisher both with his head and either foot.

His major weakness for me is his dribbling but I feel he is more a give and go type player than a out and out dribbler and has shown he has the pace to lay the ball off and the movement to make good runs. At the moment he’s not the type to give the ball to him with his back to goal or to face up the defender but more one to use movement off the ball and make good 3rd or 4th man runs in anticipation of where the ball could end up.

There have been a lot of suggestions to try him left and Jota right, which could be worth a shot as Abada would then be coming in on his right foot and Jota would be on his natural side as he was vs Betis.

Overall there is a lot for him to work on but he is actually pretty good at the things that often are the hardest to improve.

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s got some cross on him. His passing is a bit all over the place at times. Can play a perfect square ball aswell which he’s done a couple of times for goals but can’t seem to pass through a team.

10. stew37

I'd keep playing him. It will come with confidence and he's always a goal threat. Said in the match thread that I thought most of his passes went astray last night, but think once he gains a bit more composure, through playing games, he'll be fine. Shows enough to warrant a start and don't think he'll improve as quickly on the bench.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I hope Forrest is back soon, Abada has a lot of qualities and will be class in the future, but he's been poor recently and needs dropped.

12. Onefootwonder

This place is brutal. We are only a few games into the season and he has mostly played well.

He doesn't need this kind of pressure at 19.

Moore, Hammy89 and Buster like this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

He's averaging a goal every 100mins. Not bad for someone who's not on form.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think he's class. Good for a goal aswel and you need that spread about the full team.

15. JamesM09

That’s exactly the point though. This is Celtic and we need to win games. He’s 19 and shouldn’t be carrying all that pressure, nor should Celtic have someone playing when they’re not ready.

Tbh, I don’t think the comments are brutal at all. Why is it seen as brutal to say a 19 isn’t playing particularly well and needs some work? Most of the comments also say he’s a huge talent and has done well overall.

I honestly think it’s a Scotland thing that any criticism at all is seen as a brutal put down. It’s not as if anyone is saying the boy is pure *.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    His biggest let down at the moment is his decision making. I think he's an unbelievable prospect. However, I think if all the team was fit, Forresr starts on the right for me. Forrest is a much better team player but I think Abada could learn huge amounts from playing with Jamesy. Tracking back is something he needs to work on more also. He's a better finisher and a better crosser than Forrest already but Forrest plays before him for me.

17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    12 starts, 5 goals, 4 assists.

Wish all our wingers contributed that much. Yes he could polish up some areas of his game, but that’s an excellent output for any winger let alone a 19 year old winger.

Cobbs67, Moore, Hammy89 and 1 other person like this.
  18. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye defo he's a bit greedy too, at 19 I'd expect that to be honest, I think he will surpass Forrest but right now Forrest is a better option

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Maestro 08

He's most definitely in the wrong place then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.