1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Chuffed Liel Abada reckons Glasgow is brilliant but he is struggling mightily with one key aspect of life in his new city.

And he insisted there's no chance his big money move to Celtic will go to his head because his father – who cried when told of his transfer – won't allow him to lose track of where he came from.

The Israeli international hit the ground running since his £3.5million arrival from his homeland in July and admits he's enjoying life at Parkhead.

The Israeli international hit the ground running since his £3.5million arrival from his homeland in July and admits he's enjoying life at Parkhead.

Although he's revealed it took him some time to get used to the intensity of Ange Postecoglou' s training sessions and the pace of the Scottish game.

He said: "It's usually very difficult to integrate so quickly in a new team, but both the players and the staff gave me confidence from the first moment I arrived.

"I enjoy it very much here. At first, there were concerns about how I would get on with the language and lack of friends here, but Nir Bitton welcomed me and I immediately started to enjoy it.

It's not as simple as people think to move to a country at such a young age. It's leaving family, friends, everything close to you.

Fortunately, since I arrived, there are people who are with me – my girlfriend, my uncle, my agent, my sister, her husband and my father who came for a holiday.

"When I got to my first training session at Celtic it had a very high pace and I had a hard time. The level of training and the pace in training were at a very high level, but I slowly got used to it.

"Off the pitch, I am doing language lessons twice a week. Glasgow is very good. There's everything here in terms of shops and restaurants. The only bad thing is that it is always cold here and it was also very difficult for me at first to drive on the left side of the road.

"The levels here are much higher than in Israel. At Celtic, the facilities are excellent.

"The fans here are amazing. It's very exciting for me that they already have a song for me, I need to repay them for the welcome.

My dad always taught me to work hard for things and I earned the right to move to a great club with a good contract. He's taught me to keep my feet on the ground.

"There's no chance of this going to my head because I earn large sums of money now. I always listen to him for his advice and I am not one who will be arrogant or go on a shopping trip because I suddenly signed a contract with Celtic.

"He worked from 5am to the evening to try to help me. When I told him I had signed for Celtic he cried down the phone! He is an amazing person and we have a special relationship. We can talk about anything

There were other clubs interested in me like Olympiacos and a club in the USA, but I had no regrets at all about signing for Celtic."

And Abada, in an interview in his homeland, can't wait to face Scotland next month for Israel in a World Cup qualifier.

He said: "It will be exciting to play an international game against some of my teammates. But all I am interested in is winning the game

Rydo1888*, tarboltontim and King Kwon like this.
  2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Good that he feels settled here..

3. Al Bootyerbaws

“It is always cold here…” Good luck in January if you think it’s been cold the now pal.

Rydo1888*, eire4 and Dan Breen like this.
  4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    LOL I was thinking the same as I read that part. Good read though and glad he feels so comfortable off the field already as that can only help him on it.

5. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Song for the lad to the tune of Blue by Eiffel 65:

I'm green
    a ba dee Abada
    a ba dee Abada
    a ba dee Abada

I'm green
    a ba dee Abada
    a ba dee Abada
    a ba dee Abada

And repeat

The Phoenix likes this.
  6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Shocking mate

Dan Breen, Smithy and AussieGreek like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Scored but was brutal..

9. JamesM09

He's not mature enough to play regularly for us IMO. Should be dipping in and out this season and focussing on improving his game.

Doing well to chip in with goals though. Potentially huge player for us in the future.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it before but he’s ‘raw’ as *.

He’s better off the ball than he is on it. A fit Forrest is miles ahead of him.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’ll get goals and put in the odd good cross. But his passing and dribbling is gash.

MAP likes this.
  12. Sentinel

A what? :rofl:

gazb1888 likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd like to see Ange switch him left and Jota right occasionally..

Thought he could've done it on Sunday as well when it wasn't working..

14. themouth1888

Goal aside he was awful tonight. He's only 19 tho and in an ideal world we wouldn't be relying on him so much this season

15. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He is still young and there is a lot of time and room for iimprovement. We didn't sign him as a finished article but there is potential in the flashes, and besides wingers do tend to be somewhat mercurial anyhow.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We need Forrest back to get this guy dipped in and out more than he is.

He’s a teenager being asked to be consistently one of our main guys and that ain’t going to work.

AussieGreek likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I don't think he beat his man once. Poor crossing, poor decision-making.

Ange was furious when he took his shot in the first half while on the break, shouted "LIEL....PASS!" at him.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Can't even mind it now mate..

I'd start him up top on Sunday. Change it up..

He's played there before. Has the pace to get in behind and can finish..

Either that or swap him and Jota over and freshen it up..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

He's good at sniffing rebounds etc and is greedy as * so he'll score us goals but I've been saying it since he came in..... looks like he's trying to control a beach ball. Its bouncing all over the place, his first touch is horrendous and he doesn't have much to get to the by line.

Only 19 so has plenty of time but he needs to improve his touch and dribbling, minimum.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Was about 30 mins in, ball broke and we were 4 on 3 I think, could've took it inside on his left, played the ball across the penalty spot or cut it back for the midfielder (Turnbull maybe?) running on....all would've been better options than the one he took.

Put the laces behind it and blootered it high and wide, Ange not pleased at all.

McChiellini.. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.