1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Mainly because we qualified and they never

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Again, never called or thought of you like that, I mearly picked up on that you seem to think 6 games is enough to make your mark as a manager. All I was saying this season is bigger than the current results. I'd rather get my defeats early in the season (we knew that were going to happen) in the restructuring stage rather than later in the season that cause us to fold a season.

I'm in the camp where I think his tactics will bare fruit for us, we've actually been lauded by European managers on how good we play, when we manage to get a full strength, consistent team we will bind much faster than the unpredictable starting 11 we have right now. Unfortunately it's about being patient, another 2-3 months down the line and things haven't got better then questions need to be asked (I know by then the damage will have been done, but every one of us knew this season wasn't going to be a walk in the park)

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m pretty pessimistic about the January window. We’ll likely sign a couple of players but never as many as we need or hope for.

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Fair enough. Not sure there’s a huge difference between what you said and what I took from it but let’s leave it at that.

Noskeil likes this.
  5. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Of course he could see that Soro's booking was a problem, but his only real option was to sub on McCarthy, who A) isn't match fit B) apparently just had Covid and C) is allegedly struggling to adapt to Ange's style of play (which is supported by his performance against Livingston). So he may have had good reason to be reluctant to bring McCarthy on for 45 mins.

With regards to the Huns, yes he got that one wrong which he acknowledged himself. But let's not forget that we started Kyogo through the middle away to AZ a few days earlier, and despite him scoring minutes into the match, for much of the remainder we struggled to get a foothold in the game until Eddy came on. So although as we now know playing Kyogo out wide in that match was the wrong call, I don't remember too many complaining when the team was announced.

6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I do

7. seanm

Next time up at livingston just run the ted lasso special plays.better than the * we tried last sunday lol.HH

8. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    If he felt McCarthy was fit enough to play 35 minutes why do you think ange thought he wasn’t fit enough to play 45 minutes
    Yes he did admit his error v them and for me that’s a big positive in that he seen the error, took blame for it and won’t repeat it
    I’m still behind him and believe it’s gonna take time but the livi game where he just stood with hands in pocket, no animation, late subs (aye ah know there wasn’t anyone of note on the bench but there was no one of note on the pitch doing anything so at least try and change it, is a worrying sign

9. AussieGreek

To be fair to the *, he took over from Ange at Melbourne Victory who was at the club for one season before moving to Australian NT. Muscat went onto win 3-4 titles with the Melbourne Victory team that Ange had built.

From the way I've heard about Lennon, he was not able to carry on an already built up team, unlike Muscat who appears to be taking on an Ange built team on a good run in Japan.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    D'Ecosse likes this.
  10. AussieGreek

With the long-awaited return of supporters to matches, the Club is delighted that another feature of matchday has returned, with the fantastic support of Celtic manager, Ange Postecoglou.

We are delighted to welcome around 70 fans each match to our visually impaired section at Celtic Park and the Club has led the way on bringing the matchday to life by providing an audio recording of the manager’s programme notes for all fans in this area.

Ange has kindly been providing this feature, something which welcomes our visually-impaired fans to Celtic Park and introduces the day’s action. The audio kicks off the day’s action and it has proven to be a massive success with group.

The intention by the Club was to add another dimension to the matchday experience for our visually-impaired supporters and it is an initiative which has been warmly welcomed as our fans are now able to hear the manager’s voice as the match is brought to life.

Gerard McColgan is a member of the Visually Impaired Fans' Section and his son, Kevin McColgan, along with Katie Shannon provide commentary on matches.

Gerard is delighted to be back at Celtic Park and said “As I am partially sighted, I find the benefit of hearing the manager's notes to be a great insight into the game and the team. I appreciate Ange taking the time to make the members of the VI Section feel a valued part of the Celtic Family."

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: “I am really pleased to support this great initiative and if my involvement can in any way assist and add to the experience of our visually impaired fans then I am delighted.

!As with so many other managers, my programme notes can be a really good way to communicate with our fans and give my thoughts and ideas on the game we are about to face. I am really glad that this service continues to be so popular.

'We are fortunate to have the best fans around who give us so much, week in week out and our supporters in the visually impaired section epitomise this.'

"We know these supporters face a range of challenges, but they do so with such spirit and a real desire to rise above these challenges, to be at Celtic Park and be part of the Club.

“As with all our fans I thank the guys in this group for their tremendous support and hope what we do can help their enjoyment of the game.”

D'Ecosse likes this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    What about a section for deaf supporters?

Let the People Sign :shamrock:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Would allow us to save money and re-use the sign for the dyslexia section too

13. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Upsets happen all over the world to big teams. I would expect us to beat bottom of the league teams 9 out of 10 times, but upsets and shock losses will always happen to anyone.

14. Pearse67*

We havent beaten livingston in years though.

15. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We haven't, and that's why the critiscm towards Ange is harsh

Noskeil likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think it's more to do with the fact that that was our 3rd defeat in the League and we've only played 6 games.

I won't even mention Europe.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  17. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He was a * amongst men after the 4 3 loss. If we win 7 - 0 tonight people on here will be praising him to the moon again.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Do we need another visually impaired section anyway?

We've had one in the main stand for year's :fear:

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. JamesM09

Yes, but it means the heavily advantaged team * up.

For example, against Livingston our tactics were poor and player effort was poor too.

That’s why we criticise instead of just shrugging our shoulders and saying, “aw well what can you do upsets happen!”.

Something went badly wrong yet again when we lost comfortably to Livingston, hence the very reasonable criticism.