1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

Plastic pitch pellets are poisionous .they are basically car tyres as stated here and all the * in that rubber can cause health problems.HH

Artorias likes this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Possibly because we do not want a team of walking wounded after the game.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Turbull needs to get himself two new pairs of boots for different weather and different brands so he can kick better.

4. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    There's been cases of cancer of the skin on the legs. It's still not totally proven but I'm sure the EU has banned them but as we're no longer members it doesn't affect us. They should be banned bcoz they're also not good for the environment.

MagicBallBhoy and Artorias like this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Meh, let Soro out, and tell him to tackle as he feels like. Soon, teams would start to be nicer to us, or face injury crises.

George Theodorou likes this.
  6. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That is concerning. Nuts we have professional footballers on them.

7. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Plain and simple solution . If you can’t install a grass pitch and maintain it then you don’t deserve to play at the highest level. It’s time for teams to refuse to play on these surfaces

Artorias likes this.
  8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We would probably be the only one to vote for the banning of such surfaces in Scotland. They give opposing teams advantages over teams that try to play possession football, and are cheaper to maintain in the nasty Scottish autumn/winter.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

uea seemed to be all for the these pitches a few seasons ago i guess it was because it meant live tv games got played and not cancelled in bad weather, same goes for our football structures i think they were for it because of games getting called off.

as long as the huns aberdeen and others are able to get results on these pitches or in particular livingstons pitch any campaign from us is just gonna sound like sour grapes cause we keep getting poor results there going back years

i see ange seemed to think something was in the players heads stopping us from playing our football, i think hes right im sure there was probably talk at the club about us having a poor record there on the plastic pitch and that past players hated playing on it

that kind of talk would spread and infect the confidence of the team

also which isnt talked about much is how ange really isnt getting much if any time on the training field to hone is ideas it, its all been solid games every 3 days and his best players would have been away on international duty

so anges football ways is trial by fire but i expect on grass parks we will find out feet, i dont know if ange is against winning ugly but i think if we want to win the league winning ugly is a precursor to being league winners

10. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There were plenty of chances in the game we didn’t take. That’s not the pitches fault. Not saying the surface is great but it’s like we are grasping at straws tbh. Long season still to go .

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    My last words on the Livingston game and then we all need to move forward.

Livingston at home are a tough nut to crack because they are familiar with their small synthetic pitch and lift their game when playing Celtic because it gives them kudos if they get a good result so they have nothing to lose. History tells us that we struggle playing against them and so do other teams when Livi play at home. That is a given. It is not Celtic's sole purpose in life to beat Livi at home. We do not have to implode over this. Realistically we need to be prepared next time we play them away.

I suggest we go looking for the draw and be happy with that. If we win even better. We sit back and oblige them to come at us with their fans screaming at them to do so. We hit them on the break while they are going at us and we keep it tight at the back and give them no joy as they move forward. They will be open at the back while attacking us. Either way we come home with a point or 3. It is being practical, not a manner of pride playing against them, and in no way do I suggest we do this in all away games against other teams.

I do not know much about Livingston but going on what I saw of the game they reminded me of the way Wimbeldon played when they played in the English premier league. They also got some surprise results.

Ange clearly has had some concerns lately but he will overcome them and move forward as he always does - that is why he is successful. It is to be expected that Dom McKay leaving would have taken him by surprise seeing how well they seemed to be working together when Ange got the job.
    Also not having the time needed over the summer has not helped him with getting players he wants quickly, and establishing the team ready for the season to begin. This has been out of his control. He can only deal with what he found when he arrived at Celtic.

Clearly he has done very well in a short space of time. I have a feeling that the final 18 man nucleus of his preferred playing squad will surprise a few people, especially in defense and in midfield.

Onwards and Upwards Celtic. I strongly believe we will win the League title this year.

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They are bottom of the pile and you sound like you would be happy with a draw. Not me.
    We sent out a team with lots of full internationals, many seasoned pros and some young flair and we fail to beat them. Questions rightly being asked, and forget this plastic pitch nonsense, just clutching at straws.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Well said

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely, you should learn more about Scottish Football before continuing to waffle pish and making a fool of yourself time and time again.

1. No-one is imploding over this game alone. We have lost 3 out of our 6 league games, all of which were winnable. It is our worst league start in 23 years, that is cause for concern and we're within our rights on a Celtic forum to discuss it.

2. Livingston do have a better home record by virtue of their plastic pitch, the antidote to that isn't to just accept that history has to determine future games; we have to adapt to the different challenge it presents and change our formation & strategy if necessary. You're never going to play slick, one-touch football on that surface....so don't try to. Get balls off the surface, get their defenders turning back to their own goal with cross balls, go direct with balls behind their 2 banks of 5.

3. Any Celtic manager that goes to Livingston hoping for a draw should clear out their locker immediately. Our wage budget is 20x there's, a good manager will be able to convert that financial advantage to a sporting one - as long as he employs a little pragmatism.

4. Livingston give us 3 sides of their ground. Their stand is full of guys that don't want to go to shopping with the wife at Almondvale and the rest are school age kids that have been gifted tickets. This idea in your head that they're going to get on their side's back to attack, if we decided to sit back, shows how little you know them. They would be delighted to pass it about their back 4 and collect a point for most games.

5. I agree that he should have been backed heavier in the summer, particularly in squad depth, but he's had enough at his disposal to win the tie v Midjtylland and the league games at Ibrox, Tynecastle and Livingston - we've lost all 4.

6. He hasn't done "very well" so far. We're 6th in League, out of the Champions League and have 0 points in the Europa despite being 2 goals up in our opening game. This is a bad start for any Celtic manager, irrespective of the rebuild required. We've had some positive results and performances sure but that's the expectation at Celtic, you don't get to rest on those going forward in the way you might in the Australian or Japanese League. He's under-pressure and he needs to start consistently getting results, if he doesn't then he won't get the time to deliver the success that you are sure that he will. There's no 18 month+ bedding in period here, the stakes are high and success is a prerequisite from the get-go.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

“Sit back and let Livingston and their screaming fans (all 15 of them) roar them forward and we hit them on the break.”

That’s a contender man. A real contender. :giggle1:

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Rather a draw than a loss. Why didn't we go at them when we were 1-0 down ?

17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I have no intention of making a fool of myself, nor have I had any pretentions of knowing Scottish football better than any of you guys who have been members on this thread for a lot longer than I have. I just see it as I see it.

However I watched the Livingston game just as you did, and what we did that day was ineffective in trying to score for a number of reasons. Celtic against the bottom team at home should be a win. However that has not been the case for a while now. Surely in all that time the back room boys would have known that a change of tactics was needed to get those 3 points away from home. It was frustrating to watch.

Frankly I am fed up with abuse. Just ignore what I write and move on.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's my point though you're asserting things while accepting you're ignorant about various things. It doesn't compute.

Aye, I'd like to think Kennedy & Strachan were voicing their concerns about trying to play Angeball on that surface but I have my doubts about their competence, so it wouldnt surprise me if they hadn't.

Ange however should be doing his homework, watching previous games, speaking to players, walking on the surface beforehand. The fact he made 0 (zero) changes whatsoever until 71 mins while watching it, indicates a deficiency or blind-spot in his in-game management.

He made an error and it isn't his first in his short tenure. If he learns from it and becomes more adaptable going forward, excellent. If he doesn't and it results in more patchy form then the calls for patience will be drowned out by people calling for his head.

Winning this League is the #1 priority and currently we're not on course to do it.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  19. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Agree with the above, however, his lack of subs could have been because our bench was so poor. I mean realistically who could he have brought in to change the game?
    Not excusing his managerial decision but trying to understand.
    Having said that, not doing anything is equally bad.
    Our squad is wafer thin. That’s on the board.
    But I agree, with what was on the park, the team and Ange should be doin better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If you do not shoot when the opportunity is there you will never score.

Celtic tried to play football and walk the ball into the net against a solid defensive 11 players .....never going to happen in that situation.

Shoot and take a chance....stop fuking about.

George Theodorou and joemc like this.