1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic plc annual results for year ended June 30, 2021

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic plc annual results for year ended June 30, 2021 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Been funny with their wording including the sales of Eddy etc but those figures wont be included in the statement.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I couldn't even be arsed reading the rest of it. It's always the same self-congratulatory * every year.

Peej likes this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Nearly every player who left here the last season is thriving elsewhere....I wonder why...

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. john2061

It's says if I'm reading this right £9.4 million in players sales for the period but didn't we get £11.5 million for frimpong in January or is the board fiddling the figures here and wouldn't be surprised anyway as long they get their dividend and personal profit .
    We made a profit from selling Édouard and Ajer and Christie but our bench over the last few games is * team status and we are still short in midfielders and another striker and rather spend a bit more we could have * the £40 million by this incompentant unambitious board .

5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    City had a sell on in that, so we would not have received 11.5 to our accounts.

This will be for financial year ended in April so that's why the money won't be counted from Ajer, Eddie etc.

Don't get me wrong though, they're still a shower of *

john2061 likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"The Club is in good hands"

------

If that was the general consensus then it would go without saying. Nothing more than propaganda.

The support hasn't been this unified against a board since 1994 and it might continue to get stronger.

Rydo1888*, Noskeil, Peej and 3 others like this.
  7. JamesM09

I would love that to be true but I can’t say I agree. The appetite for change is pathetic among the support. We’re one more Kyogo away from the board becoming the super-bestest again.

It’s pathetic really.

Peej likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Don't agree with that.

It's maybe not as overt as some would like but in the circle I sit with the strength of feeling is the strongest it's ever been. I used to be accused of being a lone anti-Lawwell voice while we won trophies, now everyone is on board with the concerns. Membership of The Celtic Trust and Celtic Shared has grown exponentially in the last 12 months as well.

If the Ange experiment backfires and/or we aren't given the promised infrastructure changes by the new CEO then there will be a stronger campaign seeking their removal IMO.

9. Sgt Neppers*

The only time I want hear from or about Bankier is when the gammon faced * is resigning.

You can bet the board made bonus despite losses. If they believe we're in good hands, we're in a worse position than I thought.

Scum.

10. SuperZidane

Also most transfer fees are paid over 2, 3 or 4 instalments so it may only include the money we have received to date.

honda likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

£10 million profit from sales to buy means downsizing the football teams quality and makes it harder for us to return to winning leagues and cups

having a bunch of ex players as coaches doesnt sound like the best coaches for a massive club like celtic (im not against some past players being part of things) we deserved hi quality coaches not just ex players

wheres the backroom, you just know our board are upselling to ange that less football coaches and scientists means he has more control himself where as they are laughing like * and not providing him with a proper backroom football department as that would cost them money and they would likely call out the boards miserly ways

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It's profit not just the income, Scott Brown left in this period and would have counted as a loss £4.4million for example against that money because we paid whatever for him and he left for free.

We actually sold players for £25.522million in this period you will find lower down as "Proceeds from sale of intangible assets".

The players who left in this period were

Kouassi
    Klimala
    Frimpong
    Elhamed
    Harper
    Hendry

So you can speculate who went for what, it actually seems high for those players. Could be something like:

Kouassi £2million
    Klimala £4.5million
    Frimpong £15million
    Elhamed £1million
    Harper £1million
    Hendry £2million

So if you deduct what the players who left cost...

Brown £4.4million
    Koussi £3million
    Klimala £3.5million
    Frimpong £500k
    Elhamed £1.5million
    Hendry £1.5million

The rest money we paid to get people to renew contracts and other bits and pieces for Mulumbu etc

Thats why it ends up in £9.4million profit from sale of players. Basically the guys who left in this period were signed for £16.1million and sold for £25.5million.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    AussieGreek and Creativecelt like this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd like to hear their reasons for how they think we're in good hands.

We have seen nothing to show that they are anything but poor.

Artorias and MacEwan like this.
  14. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Always good analysis and insight.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Rhyming off the summer transfer window in these accounts is utterly baffling by them.
    I'm not even sure any player sales or signings count towards these results at all.

It's quite simply them trying to pass off the summer as a success on the back of Covid.
    When reality is, we made a profit in player transfers yet again and are woefully understaffed in almost every department in the football club.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Fontaine likes this.
  16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    "The Club is in good hands"

I'm sure Jimmy Savile used to say simular to parents handing over their kids to him on Jim'll fix it.

* the board and * Bankier tory scum.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    An interesting thing about it is there was record merchandising sales, up over £7million from the year before even with Covid and the shops shut a lot of the time. It's actually a new record by almost £5million.

£22.6million, the previous highest was £17.7million in 2018.

18. Foley1888

It’s the way accounts for football are prepared when you sign a player their fee is amortised over the duration of their contract i.e. say you sign someone for £3m on a 3 year deal it will come off at £1m a year. So for example the Klimala deal although we got £3.5m and spent that that would probably show as less than a £1m gain on player sale as we would have still been writing of that fee over I think it was a 4 year contract and only a year in. Elhamed would be similar spent about £1.6m sold him 18months into a 3 year deal for £0.8m so would have been 0 gain, Kouassi would have been similar so the £9m you are saying will mainly be the Frimpong fee minus the Man City cut and a bit from the Klimala deal.

It’s not a pure metric of we bought players for X and sold other players for Y.

Being honest the over £16m at the bank is higher than I had anticipated. It probably means we got in the region of £12.5m for Elhamed, Klimala and Frimpong.

Another statement worth paying attention to in the accounts is we are in a positive position in terms of we are still owed more from transfers than we owe others so effectively have more than the £16.6m that is cash at bank.

I also think our transfers over the summer would show about a £13m surplus (£32m in taking account of sell ons to other clubs vs £19m spent) and that’s without add ons for Edouard, Christie and Ajer which could be realised for another £10m.

Operating Expenses dropped nearly £6m and that’s before you consider all the sales in the Summer and loans going back to parents, which will have as an estimate saved £6-8m per annum on the wage bill. Plus if current rules continue we will be back up at high £75m- £80m revenue this season so probably not at an operational loss anymore.

Essentially given we have had a pandemic the club has plenty of cash just not plenty of players in the squad. Some of that cash needs invested in the football department rather than special projects like Barrowfield redevelopment and then we would be back up at £100m+ Revenue next year.

@Blochairnbhoy i think most of the above is accurate but you certainly know your stuff on accounts.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. JamesM09

I hope you’re right mate. I’m definitely on the same page.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This and the record ticket sales'll show 'em...