1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't give a * what a poll says..

I don't know a single Tim that was "creaming themselves" when the window slammed shut..

"It is all the supports fault". I can't even listen to anymore of that pish..

2. GreenLeanMean

Jota Kyogo Abada

MJ GG/Ajet Forrest

Two strong front options for the front three.

I used to think we had an abundance of midfielders but I think I just took McGregor for granted. I think we have to get a box to box midfielder in January. A different option / competition for Rogic & turnbull or cover if Mcgregor is out.

martin_d likes this.
  3. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Where is the Greek

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

It's nobody's fault but the board's.

The holier than thou crap about enabling them is just that. People have the right to put money into the club and expect that it will be well invested. For a lot of people Celtic is also a huge part of their social life, so it isn't as simple as boycotting games and refusing to spend. Incompetence and arrogance at the board level has nothing to do with them.

I've said before that I'm happy with the quality of players that were brought in. We just didn't bring in enough. As is evident now when we're seeing injuries. Very predictable.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  5. john2061

Even though we brought in alot of players in the summer we are still well short of a decent squad and we can see that with the bench the last few months .
    We have no attacking midfielders except rogic and Turnbull and only one fit striker not good enough from the board .

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I wont be happy with any transfer window where we fail to offload our deadwood.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    2700 North Vermont Avenue
    Los Angeles, California 90027

8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The result of this poll is more baffling to me with every passing day.

9. Keano88

Seen this picture on Twitter and had to have a wee look back to see the general feeling after the window closed and compare it to the feeling now.

Best deadline day ever?

[​IMG]

8 of the 9 first team summer signings all playing a MASSIVE part in this campaign as well.

I would class Scales, Shaw and Urhoghide as project type signings with McCarthy being a big let down.

567D2404-DDC5-4826-BB4A-B8DA1EB71CE2.jpeg

Obviously the squad was still a bit thin depth wise but bhoy did we sort that in January.

3 of them have played a massive part in turning a 6 point deficit into a 6 point advantage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Ange has got some strike rate so far, long may it continue.

[​IMG]

Rydo1888*, Wllm and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The vast majority have made a great contribution.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Great business in the summer then an unbelievable strengthening of the squad in January. Without the January additions we aren’t where we are now. Can’t remember ever saying that after the winter window.

Don’t think the Sheffield boys were much to do with Ange at all they had signed before he was even in the country if I remember right. Reckon McCarthy was signing whoever the manager was aswell, also maybe Hart but he has worked out fantastically. Ange defo has the last say now though and the 4 from the J.League are all solely on him too, no way we were scouting out there.

saltire78 likes this.
  12. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Majority have been great I don't think Mccarthy was an ange signing tho.he probably wouldn't have touched him but the deal was prob already done by Desmond his injury record and we gave him a 4 year contract crazy look to move him on.

13. JamesM09

I still think the summer transfer window was poorly run. The fact we’ve worked miracles since then doesn’t change that.

Signings came in far too slow as Ange himself made reference to at the time. We were then left with a squad far too thin at the end of the window, and we all witnessed the result of that in the following months.

Ultimately these failings would cost McKay his job. It really is important not to now look at the window as though it was perfect just because we’re having a great season. If so we’re destined to make the same mistakes again.

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Was happy at the time and still am

saltire78 likes this.
  15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The only thing lacking at the time was a Christie replacement, otherwise I'd class last Summer as one of our better windows.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The summer window shows you why the board should stay out of football decisions.

17. saltire78

That was/is my take... Figured we still needed more, but wait to judge after the Christmas window... Think it's fair to say we got what we wanted/needed in both!

18. saltire78

Agree with almost all of that, except for a couple of things...

If we weren't scouting over in Asia we wouldn't have been watching Ange himself. Maybe wouldn't sign same folk, but we're definitely looking out there.
    Hart was absolutely NOT certain. He's said himself that a pivotal moment was the discussion with Ange where he talked about looking for the 'loving environment'. Seems Ange reassured him of the move.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I thought we'd see more of McCarthy but he literally has just been a back up. He's been fine whenever he's featured though.

20. celtic warrior

These windows under Ange will be very difficult to beat.

Everything considered...Ange, Brown leaving, * up 10iar, Ajer gone, Frimpong gone, Eddie gone, Elyounoussi, Forster and Laxalt (who got a raw deal, thought he was better than shown under Lennon), failure of Duffy there was just so much going wrong ehind the scene.

But for Ange to come in, under the pressure he arrived too because dumb * like me were all Billy big bollocks thinking who's this * Aussie version of Lennon (because I thought he was equally as stubborn), sign up the players he has and literally every single one of then have been a roaring success is just unheard of at any serious level of football.

I can't really explain it and do it justice but honestly everything Ange has done this season should be seen right up at the very top of greatest successes at the club, it is just miraculous how he got everyone playing to his style so effectively so quickly given the amount of new faces in the squad.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.