1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The forum is in the mud since yesterday.

Ange is on “Thin ice”… Jesus *.

Jamesy Bhoy 7, Dannybhoy81 and Slaw like this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

When has any football season in history followed the same trajectory as the first 6 games?

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’d imagine for several clubs around any league in Europe or the world for that matter, the way in which they start a season is absolutely crucial to the way it concludes.

We’ve lost 9 points out of 18 already. Not that I’m counting, but I’d quite like to see us win the league this year, and points totals at the end of the year is generally what determines who wins the league in most countries unless I’ve missed something, and we’ve dropped 50% of the points available.

Therefore I am merely pointing out that if we continue the way we have been, and recent evidence suggests * all to the contrary, then we are absolutely *.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Completely waffled around my actual question.

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Your question was a shiter.

You want me to research the last 10 years in Europe’s top 20 leagues after the first 6 games, see how the table ended up, and get back to you?

We’ve started poorly and that’s being generous. We are lucky to be 4 points behind.

I like winning leagues and not handing potentially seismic advantages to one of the most vile organisations to ever have existed in Britain, and that’s saying something.

As is stands we are not going to win said league.

Is it ok with you if I am concerned?

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I feel for him tbh, has he actually had a game with a full strength match squad? I don't think he's even got close to that, either fringe players thrown in or players playing in the wrong position. It's complete over reaction, I think there is 6 points in the league. Everyone knew it was going to take time, like I've said before he's a manager not Harry Potter, it takes time for tactics and new players to gel, when your first team players are injured or unfit that makes the job a million times more difficult, then add to some of the players severely letting the club and the manager down (Soro, Turnbull, Starfelt, to name but a few) what chance has he got.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Still waffling.

You said if we continue this current trajectory we won’t win the league.

Aye no *. Not exactly a newsflash that if we don’t win game we won’t win the league.

But it’s 6 league games into 38 game season and a rebuild with a new manager and almost a new XI. The only way is up and it’s the most likely trajectory. No league on the planet has ever kept the same trajectory unless the winning team is an invincible one, there are highs and lows for all teams.

Creativecelt likes this.
  8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

So I’ll take that as it’s not ok to be concerned then?

You’re not really all there are you?

No one is allowed to have concerns. Even on a fans forum on the internet that no * from the club reads.

Get the season ticket money in then everyone shut the * up. Naw allowed to be worried.

Pretending everything is ok doesn’t make you a bigger fan than anyone on here.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Same pish as yesterday claiming I’m saying something I’m not, I gave you the benefit of the doubt since emotions were high and you might of had a beer.

Find one shred of evidence that I’m saying everything is “ok” or I’m “burying my head”… I’ll wait for your quote.

Our away form isn’t ok. Our start to the league campaign isn’t ok. But thankfully we’ve got plenty of time to fix it.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Great post.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt as well, probably wouldn’t have got my head down tonight if you hadn’t.

11. oh bhoy

we needed someone to get us back to basics and doing them well not an unusual set up with a gung ho approach ,no matter how good it looks its not worth a * if we aint winning. the ease with other teams score against us is infuriating and this is what hasnt improved since last season. i think kyogo's movement,a high press and players being braver on the ball are all positive things but not the revolutionary changes that making up a term like 'angeball' would suggest,he hasnt reinvented the game and all these things would be every bit as good in a gameplan where we are hard to beat. certainly not the time to get rid but he needs to fix that and almost immediately

12. Mince.Charming

Is that not the diet the Talkceltic health and wellbeing coaches have prescribed for him?

AussieGreek and MacEwan like this.
  13. JamesM09

He’s got a 50% win rate after 6 games, he’s definitely on thin ice ffs.

3 of his next 5 league games are away to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs. If he drops points in 2 of those games then he will probably need to be removed since it would likely leave us sitting bottom half of the table.

I’m not saying that will happen and I hope he goes in a winning run and we put this all behind us, but the definition of thin ice is any misstep can be fatal.

Clearly he’s in that position now.

paulo123 and Free the Adblock like this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I didn’t want Ange in to start with. The results so far have been disappointing and at times it’s difficult to tell the difference from last season.
    There have been lots of positives as well though and talk of him getting the sack over the next few weeks is just crazy.
    Give the man time ffs. Get Kyogo back and play him in his best position and we’ll be flying again soon.
    (I would also like to see Kennedy and Strachan punted then Ange appointing his own back room staff- even if it does include Kevin Muscat)

Jeannie960 and JamesM09 like this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think this is meant to be a pessimistic post, but when you say “only” 6 games in, you do realise there’s another 32 to go.

It’s all about perspective mate, eh?

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tbh almost anyone who says they did is lying, because very few knew who he was.

17. JamesM09

The idea of him getting the sack is crazy because the idea of him continuing to lose games is unthinkable.

If it does happen though then he should be sacked. He needs more time overall for Europe, cups, performances etc. but he’s had enough time to to get wins in the league.

It’s all hypothetical just now so we will see how he does. Personally I think (and hope) he will get us on a run now but I’m not going to pretend he’s not treading a very thin line at the moment.

I think people need to remember he will not play another league game against a squad anywhere near the quality of his until January. That’s not to say he can or should win every game until then but it’s not unreasonable to expect 7 or so wins in a row now.

Peej and Free the Adblock like this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He would also be a lazy replacement for the board to utilise if it went sour for Ange..

I wouldn't want Larsson involved in coaching us, especially under the current board.. He's a legend at the club and would hate for that to diminish..

If Ange wanted it then fair enough, but don't see what he would get from a ready made replacement waiting for him to slip up.

He does need his own backroom staff and support in lots of other areas within the club, but Larsson seems like a non starter..

Ange will bring the 'buzz' you speak about if we have some patience.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  19. Al Bootyerbaws

Half the * on this thread for a start.

20. Mr Cleansheets

No, but love him also.