1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    So, that's why I'm bald m8

Lecs and ddub11 like this.
  2. joemc

Sometimes you have to carry luck as a manager too, today we carried a few players too many, jota, abada, woeful crossing, mc carthy was really bad his passing was literally shocking.
    The referee was happy to break play up almost at will and along with their time wasting played into their game plan, the only way to stop them using these same tactics on us every time we play them is to get the better of them all over the pitch, we lose every physical battle from midfield on, win the battles in places like this then play the beautiful game.
    We won't win the league this year, teams that don't conceded goals cheaply win leagues, like them last year, ange was saying he wants to send hope to fans and I get this it's a buying into, trust thing or faith but our defending is also giving hope to every team we play and without doupt makes our games harder, teams won't give in cauz there's always a chance we * up.
    I'm desparate to see the manager succeed but we need start winning away as the media are gonna use this psychologiicaly to beat us before we kick a ball away.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    George Theodorou and seanm like this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The fact that the plastic pellets have been linked to several types of cancer. It's time they get punted for good and if these clubs can't afford the upkeep of a grass surface then why are they allowed to play in the top division.

4. seanm

Said that years ago too myself .a number of cancer cases were linked to swallowing those rubber pellets but nothing was done about it but a few investigations into the link that to me were inconclusive at best.the poisions in those pellets must contribute to cancer surely.mant players swallowed them without knowing it too.just my view.plus they are * slow the ball down and account for numerous injuries unlike grass.just ask the nfl players about that. Get them to *.HH

Noskeil and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  5. seanm

Whole backroom staff need replacing .the stench of last season still lingers the longer they stay there .HH

Wee Baldy likes this.
  6. seanm

It will be far too late by halloween never mind next january imo thanks to an incompetent tory board and a * backroom staff who could do no wrong and will never get the sack ffs. HH

7. seanm

Exactly pal. Bang on.HH

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I have to say so far this season the quality of set piece delivery from Turnbull has for the most part been poor. It is for sure a part of his game where he has been not even been close to the level he is capable of. Then you add in we are right now height wise and physically a smaller then average side overall and you get what we are now on set pieces. Not much of a threat really. For sure this is an area we need to improve on significantly. We are much better defensively on set pieces then the absolute * show we were in that regard last season but attacking wise we are nowhere near the level we need or should be at on attacking set pieces.

ddub11 likes this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good point just another reason to be rid of this truly dreadful pitches.

seanm likes this.
  10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You are so so correct !

Also what is glaringly obvious with this team when defending in the box is that players TURN AWAY from the attempted cross or incoming shot at goal when facing the ball ! They do not want the ball to hit them !Quite obvious in the Betis game also with Spanish first, third and fourth goal. If you are going to defend - DEFEND ! It's like watching a Primary school team defending.

They should be holding their ground, facing the ball and putting their bodies on the line.

They should be like Spartans in the line- facing the threat head on. No more stupid conceded goals - away or at home !

ddub11 and seanm like this.
  11. Maestro 08

In games like these set pieces can make all the difference. The amount of points Sevco picked up from scrappy goals from corners etc last season was unreal. I've seen some improvement in defending them (that should tell you just how bad we were at defending them last season) but we're still miles off it when it comes to scoring from them.

ddub11 and seanm like this.
  12. MAP

Hats off to the Livi defence.

joemc, seanm and George Theodorou like this.
  13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I am with you on this . Livi gave a masterclass to Celtic on how to defend a lead and win the game.

Great coaches in this game who get trophies for their clubs are able to read a game and adapt to the situation to get the result. Star players have their bad days also and its up to the coach to take charge of the situation and adapt the style of play to deal with the progress of the game where necessary. That is how we deal with our life.

bamboo never breaks in a strong wing - it bends and adapts to deal with the situation.

Great coaches that come to mind - Jock Stein, Bela Guttman, Mario Zagalo, Helmut Schoen, Bobby Robson, Johan Cruyff, Matt Busby, Bill Shankly, Don Revie, Carlos Menotti.

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  14. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The good work done by the attackers? We couldn't score!

seanm and George Theodorou like this.
  15. GreenLeanMean

Now that I've had my wish of Hamilton going down, I hope livi & their * plastic pitch go down this year.

16. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The pellets are chopped up car tyres. I always ask my son to wear leggings under his shorts bcoz of the cases of cancer linked to the surface.

Noskeil and seanm like this.
  17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I thought it was just swallowing them that would cause problems? Could scraping your knee be bad too? I've done it a good few times and my skin is as if its been burned.

seanm likes this.
  18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes, too true. How could we score when we only had five direct attempts on target for the full game ?

Welsh in the 51st minute with his half-chance diving header.
    Turnbull with shots in the 56th and 78th minutes.
    Ajeti shooting low in the 72nd minute.
    Cameron-Vickers with his powerful shot in the 85th minute that went just wide and had goal written all over it.

CCV has a powerful shot and needs to be encouraged to shoot outside the box more often. He also needs to take direct free kicks if facing directly at goal. We need to have more effective options than only Turnbull and McGregor at free kicks.

There should have been a goal in the 12th minute by Rogic if Abada had done justice to the perfect through ball he got from CCV and had passed it on the deck in to the path of Oz instead of passing the ball to him at belly height. Unbelievable.

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  19. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As soon as I saw our midfield I was worried - all a bit slow and lacking in workrate. Add to that 2 lightweight wingers. I don't think we have any midfielders suited to what Ange wants to do other than McGregor. He's got his faults but we'd have been better with Soro from the start and in future at Livi I'd play Ralston and Juranovic on the right and look for s bit more strength on the left too - maybe Monty.

seanm likes this.
  20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes they beat us because they do defensively, things that we do not do defensively, when we are are ahead away from home in the games we have played so far.

They were well drilled, mobile, did not dribble, intercepted passes, and had a good zonal defense that worked closely together. They all had the same mind set for this game. They also had the referee on their side in not blowing blatant fouls.
    Just seconds before Hart parried that header away Obileye had dragged CCV to the ground as he surged forward - a clear foul not awarded.

seanm likes this.