1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

10 men are behind the ball at home too. You don’t get some magical ability at home, you’ve still to break the teams down. We failed time and time again last year.

You’re complaining about one game then, say that.

2. oh bhoy

he needs to get rid of thoes other two goons on the bench

3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I agree that the keeper is a big improvement and Kyogo has been outstanding but our defence without Ajer looks even worse. Our midfield against the huns was non existent as well.

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We all know it's harder to break teams down away with the smaller pitches away mate. At home it is easier as you can move the teams about & make space which is very hard to do on the smaller pitches away. Not sure why you would think I'm complaining about games at home that we win comfortably, rather than away games when we just got beat away.

5. Maestro 08

We did concede for fun on Thursday. It was embarassing. But honestly I genuinely don't care too much about Europe this season, it's all about the league for me this year and in just about every game we've played we get cut open. Doesn't matter if it's County or Betis, we are giving up easy chances. That's ok if your attack bails you out but when that doesn't happen you're in trouble. Again 3 defeats from 6 is very concerning.

We have United at home then Aberdeen and Motherwell on the road. I'm genuinely worried about winning those away games and we are already at the stage of having very little room for manoeuvre. The pressure is already right on him.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Like I said. It’s one game.

I’m not playing down how disappointing it is, but there has been a massive overreaction by a minority on here who are failing to see the bigger picture.

Dannybhoy81 and Jacob knows like this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The pressure was on him the day he was in the door.

We’ve conceded 4 in 6. 2 of them were against Hearts and we’ve already improved since then.

It’s something that was a problem last season and still needs to be addressed badly. This is where Ange needs coaches instead of dumb and dumber.

8. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Does this bigger picture include being behind the huns by 4 points after 6 games.

I'm all for giving Ange Europe this season but the league is a must win. Not sure any other manager would get this leeway.

Edit to reply to above post. Is this the dumb & dumber he came out & backed?

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'd disagree with that I think the midfield is weaker than last season and the defence is also weaker with Ajer leaving. Starfelt looks like a diddy and early days for Carter Vickers still.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Im not talking about Europe and frankly don’t care this season. We made it to the groups and that’s enough for now.

We are 4 points behind with 32 games to go and 96 points to play for. Including 3 games against them and two of them at CP.

He’s hardly going to come out and say they are useless.

11. Maestro 08

Its something I've looked in to before....in his previous job his team had an extremely poor defensive record. I don't think changing coaches will solve this. Its down to the way he sets up unfortunately.

If we were winning our games by out scoring the other team then that's a fair sacrifice but 3 away games, 3 defeats and one goal.

12. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I wouldn't expect him too but atleast don't accept them as part of his team. Did the Aussies not say he wouldn't accept what he didn't want?

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hart and Juranovic are upgrades. When Jullien is back I reckon whoever our CB pairing is will be better than last year. Expect CCV and Jullien. Ralston has improved dramatically. LB is still a shambles. Laxalt probably better than what we have.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m more meaning he’s going to have to adapt and that’ll mean having someone alongside him to help for some ideas, because he’s never really focused on defence. That’s not him. Obviously.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Our board aren’t exactly ones for taking orders off a manager anyway.

16. Maestro 08

Definitely think he has to adapt if he wants to succeed here. Doing that is going to really challenge his beliefs tho. All we've heard is how he's stubborn and has a way of playing and he doesn't deviate from it and from what I'm seeing that is a commitment to attacking that leaves you exposed at the back.

The goals column for and against at his previous job kind of backs that up but in saying that we struggled to create anything noteworthy today. Poor going forward and poor at the back is a recipe for disaster. Now we find ourselves in a position where we can't have many more slip ups.

17. john2061

Do we even have a defensive coach I'm beginning to wonder we don't just like we don't have permanent CEO and we don't have a head of recruitment and we don't have science people all posts at the club that need filled and at the moment the club is a shambles and that's on the board .

Crilly likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    N0 question our midfield looks very lightweight physically right now. No question about that. No question we are well away from where we need to be defensively as well. We have made some progress overall but we are still a long way off been a good side right now. I have some hope defensively that we will get better as no question Hart is a massive upgrade in goal and I like the look of Juaranovic and then we have some hope that Jullien will improve us at center back when he gets back plus while it is early days I do like what I have seen so far from CCV. But IMHO as of right now we are a side that at best has potential but is not there right now.

19. john2061

On to the manager and at the moment he has my backing and yes today result was a bad one but we have a lengthy injury list and a smaller squad at the moment.
    When all the players are back let's judge him then and we can't at the moment with the injuries we have and we didn't have any attacking midfielders or strikers on the bench today so what's the manager going to do there .

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  20. Lastbroadcast

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Us Aussies are too busy laughing our heads off to post, because we know exactly what's happening. So are Yokohama fans. We have all been through this before and experienced exactly the same emotions. 6 months of pain and uglyness, followed by years of breathtaking excellence and title-winning.

We told you the first six months would be a rollercoaster. You're now on it. Welcome, and buckle up.

We also said this - if you get through that first 6 months, you'll spend the back end of this season and the next two years pumping teams like Livingstone like it's a training drill.

Remember the Dundee game? If Ange has the squad he wants, you'll do it every week.

Stay patient. Get to the next transfer window, get some more players in, then watch the magic happen.