1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

“Teams” is multiple :56::56::56:

2. JamesM09

This is a fair post.

I’m not accusing anyone here directly, but I always get the impression on here some people don’t really watch games, or at least they only focus on the result at the end and dump the game from their memory.

There is losing and then there is losing. We were losing for 65 minutes against the worst team in the league and at no time did I feel we’d get back into it - and that’s the feeling I think most people had.

What makes that worse is we didn’t do anything to change that except for some token subs in the last 20 mins.

It’s the manner of the defeats that should cause concern.

3. Crilly

3 losses out of 6 league games for Celtic is shocking tbh. I know the circumstances etc but things need to change rapidly. We need results more than performances now. He needs to really look at the defence or get new defensive coaches in, we look lost at the back

4. Maestro 08

True that and If you go to my original post I never mentioned teams but said.. 'Struggling to break down dross'.

That dross being Livingston FC.

5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We all knew when Ange was appointed the problem would be breaking down 10 men behind the ball. He showed today he won't change from his system even when it's not working. We created * all today & he done nothing to change that IMO.

One header straight to the keeper & a shot by the post by Ajeti is nowhere near enough in 90 minutes :47:

The excuse that he needs time to work out how these teams work against us is shocking(read that on here a couple of times) He chose to keep 2 coaches that have been here & seen the systems multiple system. are we to believe he doesn't trust their opinion after keeping them on?

6. limezer

The football has been good bar the game today, I have faith Ange will bring the title home, we look far more organised than last season and my gut feeling is we will get better as the season progresses.

James Mc likes this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s one * game and you’re using it as a stick to beat him with. Like I said before he’s dismantled dross too, more than once.

Maybe it’ll happen over and over again. Maybe it’s the only time it’ll happen. We don’t know. But making a claim off one game is mental.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s beaten 10 men behind the ball 3 times, convincingly.

Albeit at home. I agree, the worry for me is that when it’s not working we don’t have a plan b. But we were also told that he never usually has a plan b.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Criticism is fine. Calling for his head is idiotic.

MacEwan likes this.
  10. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    FFS read my posts AWAY AWAY AWAY:31::31::31::31::31::31::31::31::31::31:

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You never said the word “away” you lunatic.

12. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Do i need too. As your posts have constantly stated we have pumped teams at home. Does any of my posts relate to pumping teams at home?

13. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Without Kyogo in the team it can be difficult to see any huge improvement from last season.
    I know Ange signed Kyogo so deserves credit for that but it could be argued that this one signing has been far more effective than the ange ball philosophy we keep hearing about.

trackebhoy likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

i think his attacking 'style' has been down to the movement of kyogo it doesnt seem to work without him up top. i think ange is bother he needs to twig on and quick that the ability to win ugly when up against it ,is what wins trophies.the problem he has is he doesnt have the big physical players to do that.i heard him speak about the need to be aggressive and a look at that line up today where does he expect that to come from .

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You said Ange can’t beat 10 men behind the ball. You didn’t say away. He’s beaten 10 men behind the ball 3 times. He’s failed once. Don’t know about you but think he deserves more than one game to be judged on.

Also you said “read my posts” and I’m meant to read your mind apparently. Is it a full moon tonight?

16. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    These doubts and concerns are all part of the Angeball process. You'll be eating your words when it all clicks and we win back the title in 2026.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

Yeah it is one game but we've lost 3 from 6 already. Bare in mind we only lost 5 from 38 in the whole of last season. A disastrous season.

I've loved some of the football at home but we're showing a really worrying naiveness and we are still a disaster at the back.

You might claim we aren't poor at the back but in 14 games we've conceded 17 goals and County missed a couple of sitters last week and AZ similar. It could have been much more.

He needs to be far more adaptable and show us something different. That today was really concerning imo on top of some shambolic defending on Thursday. Being one dimensional isn't a good thing.

18. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm on here complaining about beating 10 men behind the ball but you think i mean at home when we have pumped teams in the 3 home games?

I will be VERY specific in future FFS

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There’s improvements throughout the team, from the keeper right through to Kyogo.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I never claimed we weren’t poor at the back. We are still a mess.

I said we weren’t conceding for fun. Because we have conceded the joint least in the league while scoring the most. Conceding goals was inevitable and it’s happening in Europe which isn’t a surprise.