1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Luckily only 4pts behind tho..

2. bigmac7288

Imagine relaying on newco dropping points. This is how far we have fallen.

Crilly and trackebhoy like this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Tbf, I doubt we would win the league if they finished on 114 points

4. JamesM09

I’m still backing him for now but no one is a roaster for being concerned at what we’re seeing.

The manager is hugely experienced but his game management has been shockingly poor. I don’t know why people insist on making excuses all the time.

I would say if he drops points in the next few games then he would be on his last chance.

I generally would give a manager time in Europe, cups etc. but you can’t just keep losing league games, especially in the manner he is losing them. He’s got to start winning.

trackebhoy likes this.
  5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We've still only seem a few glimpses of the high tempo, high press style that we were told about.

Livi were playing with much more intent and closing ya down rapidly whilst we were dilly dallying and taking too long on the ball.

I know there's problems with injuries and a lack of personnel, but all we heard about Ange when he signed was that he's all out attack, never compromises on his style etc.

It seems he must have some compromises on his style because in several games we've played with zero urgency, spreading the ball about aimlessly and running out of ideas in the final third.

When it's been going well then it's been free-flowing and brilliant to watch, but whenever we have a tough match we just seem to go through the motions.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’re not going through the post because there’s nothing you can say. I’d welcome an actual debate and your attempt to defend what you’ve said.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They could win every game from now, as long as we did the same and beat them 3 times we’d win the league.

Both not happening, both very beatable right now.

8. Maestro 08

Nope. On a forum of hundreds I think there might be a few questioning his position. 99% of the criticism is justifiable. Just about everyone is willing to give him time. Imo it would be more worthwhile to engage in the debate around his failings and how we can improve than solely concentrate your focus on the few reactionists wanting him out. Btw I'm not on social media platforms so maybe there's a bigger clamour on there that has motivated your comment, I don't know.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nobody is a roaster for being concerned, but they are for wanting him sacked and Strachan brought in.

Officer Doofy, Twisty and JamesM09 like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Most of it is factual, some of it is opinion. Let's look at it.

"Yip and he's not managed to change that." - True. We should be able to beat Livingston away.

"Pumped out the Champions League." - True. Most people gave him a free pass for that though, considering how early it was into his tenure.

"Struggling in the Europa." - Couldn't hold a 2-0 lead for 10 minutes. It's only one game but it's a worrying sign.

"Conceding goals for fun." - This is the one thing I'd say could be exaggeration, but we have conceded some very sloppy goals already.

"Beaten off the huns." - True.

"Struggling to break down dross." - True.

"Lost every away game domestically." - True

"So far it's Lennon with an Aussie passport. In fact it's prob worse. His start has been pitiful." - I'd agree that failing to win a domestic away game is pitiful. It's just not good enough. I give him more credit than Lennon last season though, as we're actully playing with a recognisable style and tactics now. The problem is, they're not producing enough results.

11. Al Bootyerbaws

So you've went from nobody is wanting him sacked to - there's a few on here and there might be more on social media. (there is btw) Thanks we got there in the end.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Stuggling in Europa is an exaggeration. We put out a good Alkmaar team and we’ve lost 4-3 to an even better Betis team. Losing a 2-0 lead against anyone is bad but that first 30 minutes of football was excellent, away from home. It’s hardly a struggle but it’s something that’ll continue to be monitored.

Struggling to break down dross is an exaggeration too. We struggled to break down Livingston. It’s one game. We were all over Hearts and should have won, the first league game was excused by many. They aren’t an awful squad either despite being newly promoted. The other 3 we’ve battered. Utterly dismantled.

Stuggling to break down dross away from home is more fitting. But it’s still so early.

13. Maestro 08

Are you seriously that full of yourself. Nah there is no debate to be had with you and I do mean with you specifically. Let's just be honest, you will never turn around and say, aye hands up you've got a point. You're not interested in a debate you just want an argument.

I'm not really sure how anything in that post can be disputed. There's someone that agrees with me.. maybe take it up with them bcos they obviously didn't think I was exaggerating and going over the top.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, it is early, but there's been a number of losses so far and it's naive to ignore warning signs in my opinion. I think the fans have rightly given Postecoglou credit where it's due and I'd say it's also fair that there's criticism after poor results. We can debate the semantics of @St.Matt's words but I agree with the crux of what he's saying. Every point dropped adds pressure as it makes our targets more difficult, especially domestically.

As soon as Livi scored today, I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting a result today based on the performance I was watching. I felt that with games last season too, to be fair, but it's still a concern that it felt like we wouldn't be able to score against Livi.

15. Maestro 08

I hadn't personally seen anyone on here calling for him to be sacked. McEwan drew my attention to one. So maybe it was just one, I said a few to be generous. So yeah you're right. So at least one person on here wanted him sacked. You've got me there, well done.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Of course it’s a concern. Today was a massive concern. But it’s important not to push a false narrative and make some things out to be something they aren’t. Mainly the things I spoke about before.

Nobody was saying we are struggling in Europa, struggling to break teams down, etc until today.

17. Mr Diggler

I am sticking with him for the time being although I am really concerned with his purist approach. Kyogo, McGregor, Forrest, Ralston all missing today. McCarthy clearly not fully fit after covid; Starfelt I think is a dud but Julien will be huge when he comes back- these are seriously key players for us missing. I think we will know more by the end of October. Much more of the same and patience will have run out.

18. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I will say it again. All our fans said can he break teams down with 10 men behind the ball when Ange was appointed. He has shown today the answer is probably no, he made no changes to the formation or team that made a difference. Ange might come good but keeping this * up we will end up 2nd & that's not good enough.

He was getting a pass on Europe from most fans i know but not in the league

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Maestro 08 like this.
  19. Maestro 08

....that'll be until today when we struggled to break down a team...funny that.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sorry did the County, Dundee and St Mirren games just not happen or are you talking about away games only?

If so it’s one game we’ve struggled to break the team down. Somewhere we struggle notoriously. I’m not going to say he can’t do it yet when he’s had one chance to prove it.