1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

We haven’t won there since they were an SPL team again. We know all you are up against going to play them and we don’t try anything different to how we tried to play them for the last 3 seasons.

That in my estimation is criminal and the old definition of insanity comes to mind doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Livi hadn’t won a league game this season before today yet they beat us.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    It's days like today that you think we're no going to win the league.

They drop points, we go and drop even more.

I still think we'll push them all the way but we're definitely underdogs here, which is inconceivable from where we were two years ago. We should be dominating domestically and I'm still in shock that we've allowed them to overtake us.

If we can keep in touching distance until the January window, we'll be in a good position after a few additions.

We're still miles better compared to where we were under Lennon.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d like you to show where I’m blindly optimistic.

There’s a difference between being blindly optimistic and simple not being doom and gloom.

It’s boring and one dimensional to just say we are *. There are far too many moving parts and things that can change.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  4. dmac

After the way the game played out in the 1st half the gameplan should have been altered at half time to go out and play the same in the 2nd half was futile played right into their hands. The best managers will change the gameplay if it isn't working today it wasn't working granted it doesn't help the constant changing of the defence a settled team will get better our forward play today never tested Livi enough but again it was a defensive lapse that cost us

George Theodorou, seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was not happy with Jota playing LW in the first half. Had to leave and couldn't watch the second, but I assume he wasn't shifted over to the right? Only direct football can unsettle teams like Livingston. Patience is for fools.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Eh?

You know with what Lennon left Ange with? Were you expecting him to turn it around in his second month of competitive football?

It's night and day to Lennon. Lennon went on a 1 win in 12 or 13 games. I don't think anyone was thinking that Ange, or anyone for that matter, would've been able to do the job he has so far.

If we back him in January, it'll go to the wire.

Twisty, seanm, The Don and 1 other person like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We're just no a very streetwise team either..

See when their captain and right back Devlin was booked inside the first 30 seconds, you stick someone on him. Isolate him. Commit him..

We didn't really do that once after. So poor..

See if we had a defender booked inside the first minute at the Tony Macaroni, you think he's last the 94 minute's? No chance..

If it was us away at anyone in the league with a player or 3 booked inside 20 minute's, we're being forced un to a red. Likes of Kent, Morelos etc would've made sure Devlin was forced in to a second yellow..

No sour grapes by the way, and no looking for cheating.....just stating that we didn't even trouble him that way..

How bad was their keeper, bar the Ajeti save and we offered fuckall else..

That result today was as bad as it gets for us domestically this year..

Hammy89, Pearse67*, Rydo1888* and 4 others like this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    MATCH REPORT IS UP.

9. ddub11

Agree.....even our corners are wasted.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* happens, thankfully not too bad in the grand scheme because of other results. We'll get there.

11. seanm

With this tory board thats a very big IF.HH

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. seanm

Definately there should be no plastic pitches .HH

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

why would anyone have us as favourites for the league ? after last seasons * show the losing of all our big players minus 1 and a new untested in europe manager

ofcourse we are underdogs mate

Hammy89 and seanm like this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I don't get excited when we get a corner or a free kick in a dangerous area as we usually just waste them. I wonder if we actually try any different routines at training?. Or shy's are also pretty wasteful

15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What can you say apart from what a shower of * .

seanm and brads-bhoy1888 like this.
  16. Yorkshirecelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    They would be laughed at in Yorkshire mate. Maybe more welcome in London. You know the sense of humour here lol

17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Well done mate. Imagine all those daft * actually getting excited because we were playing well, what a riddy :87:

packybhoy likes this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

if we dont get build the backroom for ange i think * walk at the end of the season!

the board who i think believe their own propaganda are probably all happy clapping themselves for bringing in 12 players 6 of which are (3 projects 2 loans and 1 free transfer) but firstly we sold for more £££ than we spent, we sold 2 first teamers for £29m plus brown and christie, we also lost elyonoussi and replaced them with 6 first team players at a cost of £19m plus the 3 projects at a cost of a £1m 2 loanees and a free

we are undoubtedly up against it this year, with a new untested manager, new untested players, a good few are young players and not a lot of experience, this is not the team that won a 9 in a row and a quad treble

seanm likes this.
  19. ddub11

Looking at some of them today had me pullimg my hair out,either we couldn't beat the first man or we tried to play some sort of short corner that led to nothing.

Really not good enough for a professional football team not to be able to threaten the oppositions goal with corner. Ok we do get the odd corner in the box but overall we just dont capitalise on these corners.

I believe we do actual try different things in training but imo thats part of the problem,we make it to complicated,lets just practise putting the ball in the danger area instead of this short corner * where we seem to end up passing it all the way back to the last defender on the half way line.

George Theodorou likes this.
  20. Foley1888

See being honest as bad as it was last year when Lennon went in February I still expected us to properly put up a strong challenge this year. We effectively allowed ourselves 4 months to prepare for the new season, bring in a proper footballing department, good coach, and identity proper signing targets, not to mention line up sales for our wantaway players but of course we didn’t.

We hired no one for the football side of the club, we chased a manager who had little interest in actually coming and reverted back to an old target list from our failed head of footballing operations and Head scout that got the bullet. I honestly think Kyogo is the only signing we made that Ange actually identified the rest I am not convinced.

If there was ever a guide how not to have utilised 4 months when looking to transform a football club/team how we just done it would be right up there.

I am not yet convinced we will do the transfer business we need to in January to build a challenge if we are still in with a chance.

Hammy89 and seanm like this.