1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm one of those who never quite bought into the idea of Ange having a good start.

I think it's been awful in many aspects.

I felt we had maybe turned a corner around the time the Huns lost to DU and Malmo while we went on a small impressive run at home both domestically and in Europe. However I felt the biggest test of that period would be the away game to AZ and the derby v the Klan. And the reality is we lost both.

I've never been convinced by the squad though. For me the board's performance has been worse. We required an overhaul but we didn't get it, despite knowing about our troubles since last year. They've weakened the team while bringing in a profit. So he's been playing with at least one hand tied behind his back.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The results speak for themselves, already he's under pressure.

3. Sgt Neppers*

This is where having a few of his own staff in would help. No those useless fannies that were part of the problem last year. Just angers me seeing them stealing a wage.

Orsenfelt, JML67, mayo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It’ll be a miracle to beat 2/3 of Motherwell Hibs and Aberdeen? A miracle? :giggle1::giggle1:

We are 4 points off top spot.

Today was probably a tougher game than any of those bar Hibs where we tend to struggle. Anyone with half a brain knew today was never going to be pretty.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His brand of football is exhilarating to watch and we’ve put in some excellent performances at home but the away form is a huge red flag and it needs resolved pronto.

Nothing is lost but we need to start picking up wins regularly and go on a run now, home and away.

6. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Guardiola-esque in his militant belief of his philosophy. But yeah, we need a plan b in games like this where we have a lot of injuries, * pitch and a stubborn opponent.

He's not been helped by the board in bringing enough people on, the squad looks threadbare. I think he would be amazing with 3 or 4 more signings. Have to stick with him and give him the next window to bring some players/depth in. For his own sake he needs a plan b to survive until then.

Orsenfelt and GreenLeanMean like this.
  7. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly don’t know if people are watching the same team as me :56:

8. Maestro 08

In that case teams like Hearts and Livingston have both hands and both feets tied behind their back when they play us. Stick a blind fold and ear muffs on as well.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Evidently not if you think we need a miracle to beat those teams. We’ll be strong favourites for every one of those games.

10. Forza 67

We're looking to break all the records

11. Sgt Neppers*

This is where our Greek striker would have been good the day. Offers us a different option on a tight narrow * surface.....getting the service to him as another matter though.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. robbiek

Fav Celtic Player:
    danny mcgrain
    I missed the game today but will watch the highlights later. If teams are having ten men behind the ball why don't we trying shots on goal instead of trying to walk the ball into the net

13. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I know mate but that ground is cursed for us, canny mind the last time we won there

14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    They don't though.

Their game is to frustrate, which doesn't really require extraordinary ability.

The onus is always on us to break down these types of sides. That requires decent players and unfortunately we're sadly lacking.

15. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Can we use Angeball?

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

We were favourites to beat Hearts, Huns and Livi tbf

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Boli and Bitton shouldn’t of been near the team. We look lost without McGregor and Kyogo, no one else stood up and took charge. The lack of quality in depth is worrying.

Ange is naive as well, we need a plan B, even if that’s sticking a centre back up front and going long. The way we play we’ll score plenty and destroy teams but we’ll also struggle like * when it doesn’t click like today and concede cheap as * goals.

The defence and away form will be his downfall.

18. Maestro 08

Well you can understand stalemates in that scenario but not losing both games. There's more issues than just lacking quality in attack. AP hasn't changed our fortunes what so ever, we are still on the decline.

19. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm always one for grasping onto some hope.

But I'm on my last hope now. Which is Ange goes on a run long enough to paper over the cracks until DD sells or dies and the board can get so far to *.

I know I'm dreamer

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sorry to say but the optimism I've had for Ange and his prospects here have taken an absolute battering.

You cannot expect to have a one system fits all style of management, especially not in Scotland. His philosophy is extremely flawed and extremely naive as has been proven a few times already.

I'm all for attacking football and I believe he can get the team up to speed with it, but it ain't always goanny work coming up against anti football dross like Livingston, on a bone dry pitch. There's just no way this is going to win us leagues am afraid.

Obviously he's had bad luck with injuries and a rat infested board room to contend with, making him work in unacceptable conditions with a bare bones squad. That is the bigger problem here, the squad he's having to work with, but even then his philosophy is not gonna cut it here.

I love the man, but am now questioning his appointment and ability to make us successful. Sounds knee * I know, but it's the way I see it unfortunately.

The Phoenix likes this.