1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic Sunday September 19th kick off 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Most anifootball game ever, 4 minutes added on, ball went out twice for a throw, same player took the throw twice took him 2:48 minutes to do so.

Not using that as an excuse as we were bad, but this sitting back not even interested in playing football, falling over with the slightest of touches, faking injuries to stop the clock then the keeper wasted about 10 minutes on his own. Miserable advert for Scottish football.

MagicBallBhoy, Wllm and seanm like this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Listening to that wee ned manager makes me feel worse, lol. Guy getting schooled off a fkn jailbird ned.

mayo, Noskeil and seanm like this.
  3. seanm

* bless them.they are always there.the team today should apologise to every one of them and donate their wages to our foodbank collection.you have to earn your wages in every other job.they stole a wage today except hart.HH

4. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The voice of reason.

5. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

They had more than 1 or 2 breakaways !!. When teams sit in like that, we have to play it quicker, play it in behind them and get the defenders turning. We kept trying to get it wide and cross it into the middle where we had a static Ajeti being marked by 2 sometimes 3 defenders around him. We mad it very comfortable for them to defend. If Kyogo had started there would have been movement up front, if CalMac had played we would have had drive to get beyond their defenders. My point is when you have a few of your first pick starting 11 out you need to adapt your tactics to the players you have.

George Theodorou likes this.
  6. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    scottish cup game in february 2007, we won 4-1.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Like most of the trolls on here, you keeping pushing the narrative that people are “burying their head” when my last reply was quite obviously doing the opposite.

What’s Gerrard not being there got to do with anything? You expecting him to get his boots back on, have I missed that?

You know he’s been in the job a while now, the players know what they are doing and TECHNOLOGY exists that means he can watch the game and also get across to his coaches what he wants… even though the coaches already know that.

Becauee he has competent coaches, that he picked. Unlike us.

We’ve struck gold with a manager that the players like and who’s got a system that suits us. He’s not been given support in terms of players and staff.

To say he should be sacked or the league is done is embarrassing. It’s not deluded to say that. It’s reality, there’s so much football to be played. It’s possible to be disappointed about a game and also hope to turn it around.

Burying our head already after last season * * give me strength.

8. Heb Celt

Every team from us to the Huns always struggle on that * pitch.Livingston play on it every 2nd week and that’s a huge advantage to have especially when you park the bus like they do.We’ll put 5-6 past them at Paradise.We should still be winning here by at least a goal or 2 so not an excuse.

bobs1974 likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree we’re actually talking about not having an away win since February which is shocking but could anyone actually tell me the last time we actually went a goal behind against a team and came back and won the match, went 2-0 up a few times over last year and still lost but I m struggling to remember last time we actually were behind in a game and turned it into a win
    Wasn’t that long ago went 1-0 down and you just knew you were still winning it
    Now when we go a goal down no matter how early it is your realistically thinking “ hope we can get a draw “, and usually it doesn’t happen

Morcombe likes this.
  10. ddub11

You see how livii killed the game after they scored?its what we should have done during the week.

Yes its horrible to watch but when your up against a superior opposition and ye get a lead its how to play the game.I know your not looking for excuses but as i said its what a team should do when its required.

George Theodorou and Noskeil like this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

ive had it with the wee clubs man need to drive them out of business celtic fans shouldnt go to that park, should pay the over inflated prices either

cause they are never a football team

tje people who want the best for football in scotland has to stop supporting by giving them £££ this nonsense, livingston do nothing for our game

and broadcasters dont want anti football they want entertaining football so were not gonna get good tv deals are we, we arent gonna bring good young footballers through are we cause they play anti football

all these wee teams should start amalgamating with there nearest teams to actually create a proper football teams which at least tries to play the game the proper way

Morcombe and Noskeil like this.
  12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Not once have I suggested he should be sacked. I’m right behind him and like him a lot. The task he has though is insurmountable.

He’s travelled to the other side of the world and has none of his own staff that he can trust or rely on.

No data analysts, no scouting network of any note, no sports science department. We are a * shambles and operate like a wee diddy club.

He’s a scapegoat for the * on the board, it’s that simple. A scapegoat for their arrogance and deficiencies.

Ange is at the very bottom of the list of who is to blame for the mess we are in.

With regards to the league though, you are deluded I’m afraid and you absolutely are burying your head in the sand, simply because you are ignoring the hard evidence that is unravelling in front of your eyes.

Your patter is * as well.

13. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    But the league isnt over, his point was Rangers are also dropping points and the likelihood is they will continue to do so throughout the season, they drew with Motherwell at home today, So surely there is plenty of time for them to drop points as well? To be honest does it even matter that their manager wasn't there, it is not like he is playing is it? There were also no Celtic fans at Ibrox that day and they didn't out play us, we had 64% possession and were unlucky to lose. We are also playing without McGregor, Kyogo, Forrest, Julien who are all big players for us and will hopefully be back from injuries soon. We also have last seasons top goalscorer from The Eredivisie working his way to match fitness.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  14. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I find him irritating to listen to, but at the same time he deserves a bit of praise for turning his life around in the way he has.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Could be forgiven for hearts game first game of the season anges first game, even the Huns thinking maybe it came to early, but that today against a team who’ve managed to scrape 1 point before today against a pish Dundee side and they are an even worse Livingston team than previous season to not score a goal and lose 3 points is absolutely fukin dreadful, still totally behind Ange but him and the players deserve all the criticism they get
    And aw this “ it’s still a rebuild and new players getting to know each other pish, “ if they players that started today had never met each other before today should still be beating that mob
    And the plastic pitch aye it’s a disgrace but should be able to beat these hammer thrower cuntz on an ice rink

16. DonnyCelt

Jesus that long ago. I know they were out the league for a while too.

Just seen our last 5 games against them at their place

W 0 D 3 L 2

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

You’re proving my point for me.

You do realise that by focusing on the fact that Dundee Utd beat them and Motherwell drew with them just reflects even worse on us.

Did you forget the game where they beat us without getting out of second gear?

You’ve also contradicted yourself a cracker. Dismissing my point about Gerrard not being there and then making excuses by saying there were no Celtic fans there. Funnily enough, we wouldn’t have been playing either if we were allowed in.

Again, 64% possession doesn’t win trophies, neither does being unlucky, and neither do making excuses about injuries. It’s our prerogative to have a suitable squad in the inevitable event of injuries.

Morcombe likes this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

were a new team with 9 new first team players we need to build that resolve and character and we do that by toughening up and fighting like * to change the game back in our favour thats what builds character and resolve

George Theodorou likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    People can dress up that pitch and it is shocking but, we are so poor..

They had their captain booked after 20 seconds. Didn't even run at him once the full game after..

3 men booked by 20 minute's or something and never really played on that. Other's would with us, all day long..

That is the poorest Livi side we've faced by a long way. Possibly the poorest top flight side in year's..

Their keeper who couldn't catch a cold today, had 1 real shot to save. Spilled it in against the sheep and almost done it 2 or 3 time's today. The amount of time's we refused the shot was unreal..

We've no one to blame but Ange and some of our pish player's..

A disgusting result and performance..

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Remember that they played Betis on the Thursday, not enough time to rest up - especially Juranovic having played those games for Croatia previously.