1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Especially when he loved the whole run upto the failed attempt at the 10, this is the guy that celebrated blocking hun chances out for goal kicks and throw in’s.

scuzzy and Sean Daleer like this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    And he failed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not much of a challenge so I must have missed the double figure headers he scored considering he’s a huge brick shithouse centre half and we get a dozen corners a game…

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Or how bad we were at defending set pieces ourselves.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In his opinion, not enough. Bit of fuss about * all tbh. He was a great signing for us and wanted a new challenge. Good luck to him.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I could accept that hubris from a Wanyama or Van Dijk who rarely (if ever) came out 2nd best in Scotland but Ajer was and is nowhere that level.

Lyndon Dykes bullied him and he's no world-beater. So did Sam Cosgrove, Morelos, Ogkmpoe at Hamilton etc. etc.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I never got the impression he was too good for this league though and certainly not a stand out in Europe either.

If those quotes are accurate then it displays an arrogance not warranted.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is what he said below. Doesn't strike me as arrogant tbh. I don't think he was too good for the league either.

"I think it is natural when you play a little too many matches at a level that is not high enough.

"I have incredible respect for the Scottish league, there are many great teams there, but there will be a little too many matches where I am not challenged enough.

"I will definitely be in the Premier League, so I probably think the Premier League is not possible to complain about."

"I had a number of options in the transition window here that I had to consider. Brentford was the club I considered to be the one that could develop me best. I know that there are things I have to develop."

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yet in the big matches he was talking about he was found wanting. Unless I’ve imagined him being bullied or ducking out the way of shots.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don't agree with that tbh. He had good games in big matches.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Last season he didn’t disappeared against ferencvaros could go back to the copenhagen game aswell personally I think he will get found out ina side down their who will have less of the possession a strength of his is having the ball

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well it seems we disagree then, but him ducking out of balls and being runaround by Morelos sticks in my mind.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Plenty wrong with those quotes if you ask me. One of his redeeming features was going to ground with slide tackles a lot. That displays poor positional awareness. He didn’t win many headers in either box. For a guy at 6’ 5” that is a bit embarrassing.

He is a good player, still potential to be a great player, but to say a “little too many matches were easy” does not fit in with what I watched a lot of the time.

Like @Seán Mac D said, players like Wanyama and VVD made it look effortless at times for us. I never got that impression with Ajer. If anything he was full of passion when he ended up turned inside out and won a last ditch tackle. Not the mark of a man who found it easy.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair enough, I don't think there is.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Mountain out of a molehill.

He's right. Alright last season was a bit different because the team was a mess. But we all know that in the majority of our domestic games, our centre backs don't tend to have a whole lot of defending to do.

Yes he was far from perfect, but there's nothing wrong with what he's said.

Damnati and Callum McGregor like this.
  16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I think he was completely justified in what he said. Granted he made mistakes up here but they really were few and far between that’s why we reacted uh such an enraged fashion about them. Guy just wants to test himself against the very best and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The foreign lads (with honourable exception) have always viewed us as a very well respected stepping stone that’ll look good on their cv and who they’ll get a fair trophy haul out of. I’m perfectly fine with that as long as they do the business while they’re here which the big man did over the piece in my view.

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

He was a good signing for us. Developed well & can’t begrudge him wanting to test himself more.
    He’s right, for a few years we were dominating & pummelling lots of domestic teams & the defence was more about concentrating than working hard.
    He stayed here a good few years & showed good loyalty. I think he could have gone last season but remained to help get the ten.
    Loved some of his gallops up field from deep & his enthusiasm for the cause.

I think players especially young ones sometimes just say what they are thinking & we as supporters look to deep in trying to analyse every word & sentence. Looking for something to pick on.

He was a very good player for us, for me he showed consistency & enthusiasm as well as good attitude & a good amount of skill. He was by far the least of our worries on the pitch last year.

I would have been over the moon if he stayed, I assume some of you wanted him gone with all the faults you are pointing out.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not sure on these comments.

Can be taken disrespectful, specially if you remember he played for Killie on loan, where he learned the new position and that combined with his time here helped develop him to the player he is (and could be).

We get what he means at times, but certainly could be worded better.

Little bit of it almost sounded like complaining maybe about having to play the same teams soo often (4 in the league for example), which yeah, for development probably isn't the best or very challenging for a young player to have to play Ross county (no offence county) multiple times in a season.

But I thought the lad was a bit more sensible to have not have went down the road that has now seen these comments left open to interpretation and makes him look disrespectful to the league and his time here.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just looking worse than it was intended. Just hope we don't hear more interviews that back up the negative remarks.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Spring Time likes this.
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    You can only develop so much when playing teams like Livingston, Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren and Motherwell at least 3 times a season. Often * teams would be in the top 6 so 4 times. He had mistakes in him (but not massive howlers like many of our defence) but I expect him to develop more getting higher end competition week in week out. Played 3 premiership games and conceded one goal, doesn't sound like he's doing too bad either.

Peej likes this.
  20. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Not surprised by his comments tbh, bit of a *!