1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye right, just say that to big Pierre

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Pierre 40k a month “enough for a homeless person” Hooijdonk

Poor fella!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  3. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    * was a good player for us but after that comment, I really disliked him. I'm sure he deserved a bigger pay packet than was offered but that comment :asshole2:

cat123 likes this.
  4. Maestro 08

If he was even half smart with his money he could be set for life. 15 year career prob averaging 10k plus bonuses over those years. * like this could pay their mortgage off in no time be sitting with a huge asset and keep turning it over. Say what you want about him but Brendan Rodgers would still be raking it in if he was to quit tomorrow. Been smart with property investments. Problem for most players is they're badly advised or thick as two planks.

5. SkyeCelt

He can move in with Eddie Howe to save some money.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I assume you mean £10k weekly?
    The thing is he’s 26 & I doubt very much that his average earnings have been anywhere near to £10k up to now & likely a lot less than half.

How do you keep turning over your house? Do you mean moving / downgrading regularly? If so that’s not a plan surely?

Brendan Rodgers is a lot older than Ryan
    & earned far more money.

7. Maestro 08

Weekly obviously yeah, did that really need clarified, and I meant on average over a 15 year career. Assuming he was on less than that at the start and more than that from now on in. something like that but not quite. Not getting hung up on the Rodgers part of it but articles 5 years ago during his divorce outline his 100 property empire built up over two decades. He's 48.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Yes you needed to clarify it was weekly, there are some on here not so smart.
    You forgot to clarify the house bit.

not getting hung up on the BR bit but obviously he has had about treble the time to earn than Ryan has

9. Maestro 08

Yeah but I was making the point BR started young as well. When ur earning that kind of money age shouldn't be a barrier to putting good foundations in place early doors. The ones with their heads screwed on will be able to set themselves up for lives with that kind of money. The rest will fritter it away and end up having to * about on Go Radio. The property bit is kind of self explanatory. Invest in property, improve it sell it on/rent it out etc.

Anyway bit pointless this, he's away now and I'm glad.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cringed a bit when I read his Bournemouth interview, but I suppose a bit of PR spin is what a lot of fans like to hear from a new signing.

Now he's gone, I hope we're targeting a replacement for the January window, as we don't really have another centre/attacking midfielder who offers what he does.

11. AussieGreek

Yet at 26-years-old, on a very decent wage, he hasn't even bothered to go down once to Bournemouth, not even for a weekend vacation :39:

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You probably don’t realise just how far away it is & the state of some of the roads once you’re outside the cities & big towns. Just a nibble

13. AussieGreek

I'm from Australia, distances like Glasgow to Bournemouth aren't a big deal for me, especially if it is a place I have an "affection" with.

Also, I've driven the length of Britain and much more, from Dover to Dunnet Head and Thurso. If you're claiming to have an "affection" to a place, surely you would have visited the * place by now if you're on the same island and earning a very swanky wage (to the average person).

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Have you been to Bournemouth?

15. AussieGreek

No, because I don't have an "affection" for Bournemouth or interest in going, although I'm sure it is beautiful.

If I had an "affection" (Christie's word from the interview) for Bournemouth, then I would have gone, but I don't even have an interest in visiting it, let alone an "affection", so on my many trips to Britain I've not gone out of my way to see it.

The places I have visited in Britain, which is quite extensive, is completely irrelevant to Christie saying he has an "affection" for Bournemouth but hasn't even bothered to go down there once, not even for a few days in the summer.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Really? Had no idea.

Spring Time likes this.
  17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You ought to go try it mate. You might like it.

Christie was just doing what loads of other sportsmen have done in the media & public relations driven world. He tried to endear himself to a small town club.
    At least some people that sign here are believable because of our history, standing
    & reputation.
    who the * can seriously believe him at Bournemouth?

AussieGreek likes this.
  18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I thought he was a Greek.

MacEwan likes this.
  19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

In fairness for you future reference, Lands end to John o groats is more the accepted length.

20. AussieGreek

I live in Athens, so I'm spoiled for seaside choices. My visits to Britain are usually to see historical sites. Cornwell is the only last major part of Britain I haven't seen yet, so I might throw Bournemouth in when I go there.

Christie went to Bournemouth for lifestyle reasons and he should just be honest with that. He could've gone to Burnley for more money and play in the Premier League, but credit to him he preferred to take his family to Bournemouth. So although leaving Celtic was for money reasons, him choosing Bournemouth was not solely because of money, and I can respect that.

But don't just give something about an "affection" for Bournemouth but he couldn't even bother going down there in the summer for a few days.

I've always gone off Dunnet Head but I've also been to John oGroats for good measure!

Never been to Orkney unfortunately though.