1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Couple of poor decisions from him today but we're basically hanging everything on him after he's been wasted on the wing for 70 minutes. I can't really hold it against him but should have done better on those occasions.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Better be.

3. broonieboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Got to stick with Ange.

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Think thats fair. He did not have a good game but having said that as soon as he went through the middle suddenly both he and us as a team looked really dangerous.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

What was he thinking squaring it instead of shooting on the second attempt?

Heartbreaking man, would’ve loved to have seen him shut them up.

6. Maestro 08

Not read any comments so far but he was very poor today for me. Severely lacked the acceleration to take Balogun on, on the outside and was very sloppy in possession. Improved vastly through the middle and this is where he should play for the majority. Occasion got to him.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes I hope Ange watches that game back in full from a neutral perspective(or fan perspective). He’ll be yelling at the screen to get Kyogo through the middle and yank Eddie.

While we were clunky at times through the middle, we had enough of the dominance in the midfield to take advantage, if Kyogo was playing in the strikers role.

So far one of our biggest strengths is Kyogo getting early goals. I can’t believe we didn’t play to that strength. That’s on Ange(I’m a big supporter but I can honestly call out when he’s made the wrong call).

martin_d and Jeannie960 like this.
  8. Mr Hoopy

Decent song for Kyogo to the tune of "Every little thing she (he) does is magic. Kyogo, Kyogo" by The Police

Apologies if already posted

9. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He should never play anywhere other than through the middle. He's wasted otherwise.

10. DannyBhoy_1990

Disagree with the idea that Kyogo has to play through the middle or nowhere. Although I agree it's his best position circumstances will dictate we need more of a target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game like Eddy did when get came on against AZ. In such instances, he can be more than effective coming from a wide position with his pace and creativity. On another day Eddy buries the chance Kyogo puts on a plate for him in the first half and it looks like a tactical masterstroke. One of the great things about Kyogo's game is his versatility that comes with his intelligence, I could even see him dropping in behind the striker in a more attacking midfield position if needed.

Wllm, DdoubleD and Maestro 08 like this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I re-watched the game against the huns. I don't think he was as bad on the left side as some folk made him out to be. He's not the traditional get to the by-line type winger (which unfortunately suited Balogun's style) but he's still dangerous and you feel he can make something happen.

His problem playing there is he likes to hold up the ball and carefully pick a pass at the expense of being quick and direct. He's still a unique option to have on the left and will get better as he adjusts to the team and the Scottish game. But as everyone has pointed out - he should be played in the middle first and foremost. As shown when his movement left Helander for dead twice in the space of 15 minutes.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  12. AussieGreek

People in here still haven’t figured out that Kyogo is not dribbler.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He is quick and has a trick, dribbling wouldn’t be an issue for him. He pegged someone in our own half on his debut as an example.

That’s clearly not his main attribute though.

AussieGreek likes this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

On the bench this morning. FlashScores has it kick off at 11:14am. Any reason for that?

15. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Just finished, came on for the second half, only saw about ten minutes but he was out on the left. Oman had a parked bus so he looked fairly ineffective, TBF they all looked ineffective.

Japan got beat by Oman 1-0 at home. 5 minutes before time and Oman did the smash and grab.

Qualifying for the WC through Asia is easy :fear:

Slaw and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  16. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

At Japan’s World Cup qualifier

[​IMG]

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I said when the line ups were released that Tavernier and Paterson both being out suited them, because Balogun is the better defender and won’t go forward.

He had a decent game with a couple good tackles. Kyogo was a baw hair away from megging him in the box with an unreal shift onto his right foot though. On another day he tears him a new one and I don’t think Tavernier can deal with him. He’d need help off a CB or CM, which then creates space.

Wllm likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Great shout mate. Never crossed my mind at the time but you’re spot on, Tavernier or Patterson start that game and we have much more space to attack down the left. Balogun had a cracker of a game to be fair.. thought he was going to be a donkey.

MacEwan likes this.
  19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This. It was kind of a clash of playing styles. A guy that wants to hold the ball up on the wing vs a guy who naturally likes to sit tight and defend. They sort of cancelled each other out!

On two positives:
    1) I was happy Kyogo got the full 90 mins and still looked energetic. I had some low key concerns he could only play about 70 minutes before completely fizzing out.

2) He's shown enough for me in that game to suggest his goal against them is coming. It's just a matter of time!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    MacEwan likes this.
  20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Same. I said in a group chat that he was gonna retire him. Might of jinxed it.

Jhaf likes this.