1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your starting 11

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Sep 1, 2021.

Discuss Your starting 11 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

No place for our new no 7 or Jota ? :lol:

2. Mr. Slippyfist

There's space for their arses on the bench until they prove themselves :41:

3. Keano88

Difficult to choose at the moment having never seen Scales and Vickers play.

If I had to guess the back four for County and Betis I’d probably say Juranovic, Carl, Welsh and Taylor.

Juranovic left back, Ralston right back if Taylor is still injured.

The Prof likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Agree with the defence and midfield, but that front line needs a dedicated striker, too much onus on Kyogo, for me we signed GG and Jota to play them, they have to feature when the League resumes, assuming they are both fit.

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Dinni care who plays just can't wait until the 11th to see them destroy Ross County, this international break is perfect timing. Give Ange time to prepare, it also give the players to properly get some training done on his methods, he stated in his interview last week saying that he's not had much time doing drills, most recovery due to the amount of games being played.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hart

Juranovic CCV Starfelt Scales

McCarthy Shaw

Abada Kyogo Jota

Giakoumakis

Just get the new boys on the case to prove the negative * wrong.

7. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hart

Juranovic Vickers Starfelt Scales

McCarthy Shaw

Abada Kyogo Jota

Giakoumakis

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Wee Kyogo's got something ridiculous like 7 goals in 8 games, he's our no.1 forward at this moment.

That being said, he's came from almost a full season in Japan (I think) so he's gonna tail off at some point and need a rest, yer man Giakoumakis is gonna need to show some decent effort off the bench and then take over when Kyogo tires or dips in form etc.

Jota can definitely be an impact player for the time being, until he (hopefully) is good enough to warrant a starting position. I just think we miss wee Forrest pretty badly.

I also actually forgot all about Jullien in that line up, for me he will probably take over from Welshy.

Liam Scales and The Prof like this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

With everyone fit I think our best 11 will be:

Hart
    Juranovic Jullien Carter-Vickers Taylor
    McGregor
    Rogic Turnbull
    Abada Kyogo Jota​

Harsh on plenty but there will be no shortage of opportunities to prove themselves I would imagine. Excited to see what Scales, McCarthy and Giakoumakis can show us as well. Welsh, Ralston, Starfelt, Shaw, Soro, Johnston, Karamoko, Forrest, Ajeti should all sniffing around the first 11 too, some more than others. Well pleased with the squad. Hopefully the signings make more of an impact than last year’s.

10. Mr Cleansheets

Reading through this thread, it is at least nice to know that everyone still at the club wants to play for the club, and we really do have lots of options.

Would not be surprised if we were already top of the league by the time we play the huns again.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hart
    Juranovic, Julien, Carter-Vickers, Scales
    Turnbull, Mcgregor
    Rogic
    Abada, Kyogo, Jota

Barkas
    Ralston, Starfelt, Welsh, Taylor
    Soro, Shaw, McCarthy
    Forrest, Giakoumakis, Mikey

Bain, Urhoghide, Murray, Montgomery, Bitton, Connell, Dembele, Ajeti
    A squad of 30 players. Maybe not the greatest depth we have ever had, but when written down like that, not the worst either. We can literally field two teams that would take care of most of the domestic scene to a certain degree. Would we want to rely on that second back 5 for an entire season, doubtful. But we have literally seen that second back 5 a few times already this season and it hasn't been the disaster we all fear. Specially when we switch the keeper for Hart.

Plenty of young players to try and stake a claim as well, without totally sacraficing the core squad. Can see Dembele and Mikey getting run outs, without seeing much taken away from how the first 11 would be playing. Welsh would slot in beside either Julien or Carter-Vickers on a regular basis as well, again without much of a change in how we played or expected to perform (arguments Welsh could be in the first 11 as well).

12. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    So many teams starting Carter-Vickers, Jota, McCarthy, Scales, even Giakoumakis. Guys we've never even seen kick a ball.

It says a lot about the quality of player at the club right now that these unknowns are so easily displacing starters in fans heads.

Like, Jota has scored 3 goals in his whole carear, Giakoumakis has only scored more than 4 goals a season twice and he's 27 soon.

Carter Vickers Im hopeful for, but he's 24 soon and this is his 7th loan with a different club!

Scales has been playing against part-time clubs his whole carear. Take a look at the LOI, Finn Harps, Longford Town, Waterford. He's also played CB his entire carear until this season.

It just says a lot about where we are as a club when these guys can walk into expected teams.

Sentinel likes this.
  13. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    -----------------------------Hart-----------------------------
    Ralston-----Starfelt-Carter Vickers--Juranovic
    Forrest------McGregor------Turnbull-------Jota
    ------------------Kyogo------Giakoumakis

14. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Assuming all fit and based off what I have seen

Hart
    Juranovic Julien Welsh Taylor
    McGregor
    Turnbull Rogic
    Abada Kyogo Forrest

That would not always be strongest but typically I think it would, McCarthy on his day fit is far more solid so would replace likely Rogic for when we need more defensive control.

I debated Juranovic left and Ralston on right but I don't think Taylor is as bad as many do and he is a natural left sides player and that's generally better than shoehorning, plus tayolrs return is better than most think assists wise

15. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hart
    Juranovic, Welsh, Julian, Taylor
    McCarthy
    Abada, McGregor, Jota,
    Rogic
    Giakoumakis​

The option to play Juranovic on the left and play Ralston if Taylor is not fit is the change and the other change is Turnbull for Rogic. I think if McCarthy is fit he will be a good defensive screen and is good and calm on the ball so playing out from the back I think he is better than Soro, McGregor pushed further forward would be a good option as I think he has great vision and can do passes just as good as anyone we have.

16. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That team is for this Saturday VS Ross County, not the best possible 11 I think rotation will be a big part for us going forward

17. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Ange more or less said Giakoumakis isn't ready to start, he's behind pretty much all the other signings for fitness because he didn't do preseason with any team.

18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Based on who is match fit at present. Giakoumakis is not ready yet nor is Kyogo who got injured playing for Japan. Julien, Johnston, Dembele still recovering. CCV- seems too soon, give him another week to acclimatise. Taylor needs time to recover from injury.

Hart

Ralston, Starfelt, Welsh, Montgomery

Juranovic, McGregor, McCarthy

Abada, Ajeti, Jota.

Subs - Bain, CCV, Soro, Scales, Turnbull.

19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Abada has played on the left flank also, for Israel in the recent WC games. Gave an assist for a goal to their CF from that position in one of the games.

20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I know Taylor has his critics but I like the way he links up coming forward and he gets in to good positions coming inside to pass to to the forwards. Obviously not as robust as Ralston and needs to take care not to get caught out defensively. Ange trusts him otherwise he would be on the bench and Monte would be in his place. Like Ralston , both needed a good break in that position - rotating players is a must in an ambitious club.