1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

High quality LB and a beast of a DM/CM in January please.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Although I agree with most of your posts regarding the window, we need to look at it in context of where we were as a club.

Some on here acknowledged at the start of the window that there was so much work needed doing that it wasn't going to be fixed in one window. Some suggested three windows were needed to get us into a position of having a decent squad.

We got rid of deadwood and players who didn't want to be here. I have no qualms about who left the club, most I'm delighted about. We have brought in some decent players that we desperately needed.

The window has been a good step in the right direction, even though we're not where we should be due to years of incompetence that'll take time to rectify, unfortunately.

Am I happy where we are as a club? No. Do I think that on the back of this window that that will change? Yes, but not before the January or even the summer windows though.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Its been a good window.
    Im happy with the progress so far in such a short time.
    The difference from last season in playing styles and effort so far is night and day.Hopefully Big Ange has uncovered some gems that just need a wee polish.Looking forward to games again.

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Could of been better but there has been a bit of an over reaction by some

Sydneysider and honda like this.
  5. celtic warrior

We signed what? 12 players.

But how many are projects that will be nowhere near the starting 11?

We could have still signed those projects for the colts no bother, but we are still incredibly light or at worst, got no one (permanently) for certain position.

Absolutely more could have been done and for all of the signings made, we are two injuries no matter the severity, away from having some serious issues with our starting 11.

Never mind what could happen with covid rules and isolation etc...

We still thin on the ground

bhoy81 likes this.
  6. G40B

I don’t like how people count the Greek guy as a replacement for Edouard.

Nothing in his career, apart from one season, suggests he will be and adequate replacement. I remember Bayo being counted as a replacement for Dembele, and it allowing the board some breathing space before it became clear he was a dud.

7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I hop to * that he’s not a replacement for Edouard, because that would mean we would get a absolutely useless player. Edouard hasn’t been good in about two years, while this guy has been scoring goals.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

In Eddie defence he was still top scorer in Scotland, Greek lad has only had one season of regular goals.

Right now the Greek lad has a lot to prove in whether or not he's a one season wonder or whether he's only just now coming into a game and score like that on a regular basis.

We can all say what we want about Eddie about downing tools, but if we run with that idea then he's still mugging off keepers like Donnarumma whilst downing tools. The Greek lad has yet to prove if he's got that level in him.

Skelleto likes this.
  9. celtic warrior

According to transfermarket

Eddie is 23 and has had 121 goal involvements 90 goals and 41 assists in 207 games in his career.

Giakoumakis is 26 and has had 77 goal involvements 55 goals and 12 assists in 183 games in his career.

I he's three years older, played less games than Eddie and had far less goal involvements in his career. I hope he does well and that his style is well suited to Scotland so we can win the league back.

But anyone who has this notion in their head that Giakoumakis is somehow better than Eddie needs their head wobbled.

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I get what you’re saying and I do agree to some extent. But eddie was only good when he wanted to prove something in order to get a move. * good actually.

This guy will be a upgrade to the current worthless eddie, and if he is hungry he will score goals. Bayo, lassad and all those were just *

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Giakoumakis is NOT the Édouard replacement.

Kyogo is.

Giakoumakis is the backup, the Griffith's replacement.
    He will play coming off the bench or in the odd games where we need s target man to launch long balls to.
    90% of the time that won't be the case.

On paper, the starting front three is going to be
    Jota, kyogo, abada

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    And those who say that Odsonne was better then Dembele would also need their heads checked. Dembele was a beast who scored goals all the way to the end and still watch our games and talks about us respectfully

Wee Baldy and Sydneysider like this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Giakoumakis is a totally different type of striker from Edouard at the very least.

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    I am content with the rebuild so far. We have brought in some good quality younger players with some much needed leadership amd experience and we have let players that didn't want to be here leave. The J league finishes in December I believe could we be back in the market in January to continue our rebuild?

Best signing has been Ange Postecoglou. I think he had been a breath of fresh air after last season.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  15. Samurai Bhoy

Why do people still keep saying the Greek guy is Eddy’s replacement?!

Look, everyone at Celtic knew Eddy was leaving this summer so we got his replacement in before he left, his name is Furuhashi Kyogo.
    Giakoumakis is Griff’s replacement.

The way I see it, Kyogo is an upgrade on Eddy, especially going by this season and last, and Giakoumakis is an upgrade on Griff, who should never be allowed wear a Celtic jersey again.

honda likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Out of those 12 players I'd say only 2 can be classed as proper projects. 3 at a push.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Aye in hindsight I've misjudged that.

Still though, our depth is atrocious and we could easily have selection issues for lw, cm, lb and trying to rotate Kyogo is going to be a nightmare as he reaches 30+ games whilst everyone else is breaking 10 league games played in the season on top international duty, domestic cup games, Europa league

18. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    I think the window was ok we dithered too long on the management decision and that put us on the back foot considerably waiting on Howe supposedly this set us back massively in my opinion

we now have depth at RB,CB,LB,GK not necessarily quality in all those positions for ange ball but still a bit more depth to see us till January at the back.

Asking our Midfielders to play most of the games at that high tempo is a major ask for a sustained period of time with no rest could do with more in the middle of the park to be able to rotate more in there. Out wide we have good depth in the RW department now and flexible wingers who can move to the left if needed.

uptop losing Eddy and Griffths and bring in Giakoumakis and Kyogo still leaves us light with Ajeti only really there without having to rely on the youth team or players out of position.

so all in all not a bad window considering how much of a mess we were in before hand and the sheer volume of player turnover required, its all about getting the structure of our footballing department right and in place between now and the end of the season as Dom spoke about, so we’re not in the same boat again next summer.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not sure Kyogo was signed as a ST, he says himself he considers himself a midfielder..

The fact he's adapted so well to a central striking role is a massive bonus..

Maybe Ange always had it in mind or maybe he looked at the other options we had and gave it a whirl..

Will be interesting to see how Kyogo develops as the league become accustomed to trying deal with him. His movement is the stuff of nightmares for most defenders.

Samurai Bhoy and Mr Shelby like this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I at least expected a new proven LB in. It's not as if we haven't needed one since KT left