1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Another to leave with his rep in tatters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He had to go. I’m glad he’s away, for both the club and himself. Needs to get himself sorted.

3. stew37

Sad the way it's ended for him here, but he's had enough of a chance to get himself back on track with us, and hasn't taken it seriously. He's never going to really grow up and when he's unavailable most of the time, makes it pointless having him around.

seanm likes this.
  4. seanm

Bet he * up at dundee too HH

Noskeil and stew37 like this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He strikes me as the sort of guy who will end up penniless and in the gutter once he retires.

scuzzy, Rydo1888*, Noskeil and 4 others like this.
  6. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Agreed. He isn't the type to get back into the game when he retires I don't think.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Or in the jail

seanm and The Phoenix like this.
  8. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Can we move this mutant to the ex players? Can’t stand seeing his name in Celtic chat anymore.

AussieGreek, AdamRS and Conlon like this.
  9. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    Ex players & lock thread.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Leigh Griffiths hopes to get his career back on track during a loan spell at Dundee and says he wants supporters to judge him on goals scored and nothing else.

The striker made a deadline day move from Celtic to Dens Park just two months after signing a one-year contract extension with the Glasgow club, reuniting with his former teammate James McPake, who is now manager of the Dark Blues.

Griffiths had fallen out of favour at Celtic, and the forward, who was a prolific scorer at his peak in Glasgow, has had off-field issues.

Most recently, the 30-year-old was cleared of any criminality regarding a claim he sent inappropriate messages to a 15-year-old, after police investigated a series of tweets that were posted online.

Griffiths, who has also dealt with personal issues including mental health problems in recent years, says he just wants the focus to be on his contribution to Dundee and a return to form.

“People will say I come with a lot of baggage but I just want to be judged on what I do on the pitch and on the training ground,” he told STV.

“James [McPake]has seen me over the years, played against me, trained with me. He knows what I can do and that I’ve still got it.

“The last couple of training sessions have been great and I’m looking forward to another few days of training before we play Livingston next week.”

Griffith played with McPake at Livingston and Hibernian and believes his close connection with his new manager can help get him back to his best.

“It’s massive [that it’s a manager I know],” he said. “You want a manager you know has got trust in you and knows exactly what you can do, and he does.

“It’s just about me trying to repay him now and making sure that I’m fit and firing on all cylinders, scoring goals and helping this team climb up the table.”

Though Griffiths is on loan for the season, he hopes a goal-laden spell in Dundee would help with a return to Celtic as an in-form player.

“That’s the plan,” he said. “I’m not going to use the word ‘convince’ because my goal record speaks for itself. It’s just about me making sure that I’m at it every day in training and in games, and showing people that I can still score goals and play well.”

And the Scotland international said that his departure had come with the blessing of Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou.

“It was more myself [that drove the move],” he said. “The manager was happy for me to stay there but for me, at my age, I wanted to go and play games.

“He was happy for me to do that and I feel this is the best place for me.

“We didn’t really speak about the move, I just went to see him and said I was at an age where I need to play, and he agreed. There was no bad blood and we left it on good terms. Then it was just a matter of the clubs getting together and reaching a decision.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  11. john2061

Unless he scores 20 goals for Dundee in his loan period and Celtic want to offer him a new deal :fear:

seanm likes this.
  12. Sgt Neppers*

The next Riordan or O'connor.

Slaw, Noskeil and seanm like this.
  13. seanm

Just hope he cant play against his parent club imo he was miles better choice than an edouard who didnt give a * all season.HH.

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Celtic Da bingo.
    GrIfFiThS iS bEtTeR tHaN (insert other player)

Considering the wee nonce couldn’t be bothered to stay fit during lockdown or get himself in shape once back, who do you think gave more *?

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's * a huge chance to be winning trophies while playing European football with Celtic and World Cup qualifying football with Scotland. If he thought he would get away with not behaving professionally at Celtic then he has learned the hard way.

16. Ak1

Not surprised that he wants to be judged on goals alone!!

Firstly it’s a distraction for his recent behaviour, and lack of professionalism over the past 2-3 years.
    Also it highlights another serious lack of judgement, as it’s been 5 years plus since he had a prolific season.

I associate ‘the judge me solely on my performances’ - and by association ’please forget the other stuff’ with that mob at Ibrox, and players like Moralos and Diof.

He’s unquestionably going to be the next Stokes

Artorias and Slaw like this.
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Couldn’t give a * if he plays for Dundee against us, they where absolutely rotten and got nowhere near our goal, this lazy * isn’t going to make one blind bit of difference and can’t wait to see his face when we pump them 10-0

AussieGreek likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

“People will say I come with a lot of baggage but I just want to be judged on what I do on the pitch and on the training ground,”

:giggle1: Take some * responsibility

Rydo1888* and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I don’t see that * making many appearances for Dundee I’m if honest, guys a total scumbag.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I reckon he will start pretty much every game for them. He’s a complete game changer for them. Cracking signing if you forget the incy wincy tiny little baggage.

Hammy89 likes this.