1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

We need to put things back into perspective. The fact we are talking about losing the game is a positive in its self. When we played Hearts we would have been dreading going to that cess pit in Govan, to go there and have as much possession as we had shows how much they were fearing losing to us.
    The biggest mistake was playing eddy, we lose so much from Kyogo out wide. Also what we are forgetting is we had a tough Europa league tie, its alright saying the Huns had a long flight but they didnt exactly bust a gut during their game, our players never stopped running in our tie, that showed today in the last 20 minutes as some looked pretty heavy legged. The style we are playing is not easy to keep going in every game we need squad rotaion but dont have the depth yet.
    The Huns played that like a European tie, let the opposition have the ball and play on the counter. They nullified our midfield in the second half, doubling up wide when needed. Goldson and Hellander hardly broke a sweat as Eddy gave them an easy ride always allowing 1 of them to help the full backs.
    There are positives to take from the game, but it doesnt hide the stats that in the League we have won 2 and lost 2, not champion winning form, early days and playing catchup with the Huns already, but we were there on day one. We are still very much a work in progress, we will get better with the new additions. The Huns will not be bringing any player in that will improve them.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The only thing is though the huns have played like that against us for at least 2 years now. They are happy to sit back and let us make mistakes and counter us and they do it well and they keep beating us, they also do it in Europe so are well versed and comfortable at doing it.

Today was progression from us in that we did have better control, limited them to nothing really in the way of chances and had a few ourselves but really every game we play them will be the same.

Us all risk and maybe no reward, them conservative and know they will get chances. They have the upper hand on us and probably will for a while yet because overall they are just happy and suited to playing teams like us. They don't really care if they create nothing and have the ball passed round them for fun most of the game, they can score a set piece and if they have 5 or 6 counters they might get a goal.

We badly need to score first against them and force them out to play but we never do.

Lewis Kerr and Hammy89 like this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    We need a little physicality in the team, we are a team of fast paced attackers. No brute force guys. Disappointed we are only targeting attacking players in transfer window.

We WILL improve, a blessing in disguise. We have learnt about our weaknesses, fans have had a reality check and THEY think they are world beaters.

Our side by the next game will be settled and much improved. No fear at all

Lewis Kerr, NomDePlum and bobs1974 like this.
  4. Maestro 08

This is what I meant mate. Kind of went the way I expected. If we took our chances it might have been different.

AussieGreek likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    An annoying game to say the least

Weird when you look at the stats, how much possession and passing stats we had in our favour, yet never seemed like we managed to do anything with the ball.

Which I think was their game plan all along.
    You saw that more so after the goal and the subs they made.

They defended the 1-0 with their lives.

Their entire game plan was their usual "anti-football" approach they are infamous for now.
    Kicked and disrupted us at every chance and took dives at any sign of contact at every chance as well.

They went two up with Morelos and roofe, both basically targeting each of our centre backs thinking they would get freekicks and penalties off us, even get us down to ten men.
    They got a few free kicks for sure, even the soft one that eventually led to the corner that for their goal.

As soon as they got that goal they started to make the subs to actually take those two off and brought on more midfield options to shore up what they had.

That for me was very telling about how they viewed this game and Celtic. They are scared of us for sure.

Overall for us, disappointed we didn't seem to have the tempo or the press we have become fond of, but quite pleased with how the backline performed overall.
    Think everyone gets pass marks on the whole of the 90minutss, for our backline.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    How long has Ange been in charge of us ??? How long has slippy been in charge of Sevco ????

DonnyCelt and NomDePlum like this.
  7. Sin

11 weeks and 3 years and 4 months.... What do I win?

Also Ange has came out and said he got it wrong today so hopefully he learns from it.
    It's okay to learn from mistakes, it's not okay to ignore them.

He needs to make changes earlier in the game when it is clear it isn't working, he has to be braver and not be like Lennon hoping something will change while changing nothing.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  8. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sadly predictable. Not a terrible display, we had some really good chances and on the whole we defended pretty well. The trouble is opposition teams know(and none more than sevco) that they will get at least 1 freebie a game against us, if not more. Whether a lapse in concentration, a missplaced pass or like today giving a guy a free run at a corner, teams know they will get something each game. Sevco knew it and they sat in when we were playing ok and pressed when they saw we were struggling to get going, all the while knowing they would get at least 1 gift. There's not a vast difference between the teams, both will score goals, they are more direct whilst we have a bit more style but the key to their success is they are compact, strong, defend as a TEAM and are hard to score against. We are none of those things and until we are sevco will remain on top.

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My brother just sent me this. Surely this is a wind up as, if it isn't, he should never wear a Celtic jersey again
    [​IMG]

10. Paradise88

Common mistake. One of them done it for a kyogo post the other week.

11. Wizard of Oz

To be fair, I think a Rangers player did something similar recently. I think people just accidentally bump the like button or double tap whilst they're scrolling down stuff on these social media sites.

12. Wizard of Oz

Ah, but that's the thing. Rangers this year aren't strong or hard to score against. They concede as much as we do and they didn't out muscle us today, like AZ did. But more importantly, they have question marks up front this season. Their forwards don't do a lot. Today, they were limited to set pieces, half chances and long shots. They dropped points to United by being blunt going forward. There's dropped points in this Rangers team against the rest in this league this year. More dropped points than we will drop. I think away to them, they might just squeeze past us like today. But at Celtic Park, it's a whole different picture. If we make games against them be a 6-6 split for points this season, I think we'll show better form against the rest

Hammy89, Wllm, Skelleto and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I totally agree that their forwards don't do a lot however, they do play to their strengths and that's scoring from set pieces and/or crosses which in close games like today's are crucial however, we were definitely out muscled at times today m8, particularly the likes of Abada, Christie and Turnbull

14. dmccourt95

Wouldn’t be quick to say Huns will drop more points than us this year when we’ve lost 2/2 away games this year and haven’t won away in the league in 6 months

TonyTim likes this.
  15. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just got back in what an * we made of it 2nd half . That was one of the shitiest hun sides i have ever seen and we struggled big time . Ange can play his way anytime he wants but when its not working he has to change it total *

broonieboy likes this.
  16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    .uck it we win the next one

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Actually thought the referee was OK. For once wouldn't say they got any advantage from him.

AussieGreek likes this.
  18. Foley1888

That was a missed chance today as they weren’t good and haven’t been good. We needed a fast start today and never got started until about the 75th minute in terms of actually moving the ball quickly and movement upfront. For example Kyogo vs Helander was a total mismatch given his pace and Helander turning like a tanker but we failed to try that until 75 minutes.

We looked like last years team today not the recent one, no one really pressed or backed up the others.

Our midfield in particular were passive and a combination of negative safe passing, poor control and slack passing killed any chance at building a tempo in the game. Our engine room in midfield totally failed to dictate the tempo of the game today and the forward line failed to play to the standard they have set so far.

We desperately need reinforcements, if we get them we should be competitive this season.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Starfelt gave away the free kick welsh followed the other runners who were already marked giving helander the space and room I like welsh at set pieces though he isn’t commanding enough when it comes to defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I agree with you however I have highlighted my main concern "We desperately need reinforcements, if we get them we should be competitive this season". This board still hasn't done anything to convince me they will act in the best interests of our club