1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Not harsh , he was pish , 1 decent cross the entire game

2. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    I don’t care who you are or how good you think you are if you don’t want to be at the club you should not be involved with the first team. Good Bye Eddy.
    A big lack of self belief today to beat the scum. We all know we need a couple of quality signings will the board do it I suspect no
    It’s going to be a long season

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Creating but not taking 3 of 4 decent chances for me was the difference.

seanm likes this.
  4. Tonyo7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We are the champions
    For the past few seasons.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But he was poor, extremely poor, no real way to sugarcoat it.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    It * sucks and it hurts, but even though we were absolutely hopeless today, we more or less dominated the game except for a total of 10-15 minutes, away against the huns.

Got the tactics wrong, and I’m quite sure that Kyogo will play in the middle next time.

We played much better then expected defensively. So some positives.

We will absolutely hammer them at home and I strongly believe that they are much more vulnerable to dropping points to other spl teams then us.

Eddy should just be booted out the door even if we have to pay for a taxi

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Agree we didn't have Forest who could have played on the left, but we had Montgomery. Play him on the left, Kyogo through the middle, could have given the lad a chance rather than playing a half hearted Eddy

8. celtic20

Yeah would agree but more generally. I think if you play Kyogo through the middle you create more and inevitably take one or two. We got through them three times within 20 minutes of him switching Furuhashi.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

think today looked like a last year performance to me, in the way we looked choked upfront and that caused the team to lose belief, we slowed our play right down because eddie wasnt working, apart from the first 2o mins where the huns sat off us and we played some nice passes and movements without creating anything though and after eddie went off and kyogo went into the striker position did we start looking like we could hurt them

giving eddie that start and puttin kyogo wide left killed us, eddie isnt interested in helping, even temporarily adjusting to anges style for the benefit to the team! thats how i cant believe it was anges decsion to play him

Marky1967, Skelleto and Tonyo7 like this.
  10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Definitely. Kyogo is wasted out wide. Eddy was probably played as we needed someone to hold the ball up but he's a big * bag when it comes to stuff like that

Tonyo7 and celtic20 like this.
  11. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Again, I agree.
    The biggest failing was not swapping Kyogo and Eddy.

MagicBallBhoy and Tonyo7 like this.
  12. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We were utter pish, deserved * all.

13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes and in tight games like today scoring from a set piece is often what wins the game. When Starfelt settles and gains some confidence he may become a threat in the oppositions box. It looks like Edouard will be sold in the next few days. We paid £9 million for him and we will get over £15 million for him now. He was our record signing and we need a big money signing to replace him. We have missed out on Thomas Henry who is a 6'4" striker who recently went to Venezia for £5.1 million. We could have easily signed this guy but have dithered waiting to see what Eddy was going to do. He would have been ideal, we havent had a striker who was truly good in the air since Jan Venegoor of Hesselink and this guy was cut form the same mould. As usual we've messed around and missed the boat, lets just hope the greek guy (185cm which is just over 6 ft) from the Dutch League is up to the job. Its reported we will pay £2.25 million for him, to sign the top scorer in the Dutch league for only a couple million almost seems too good to be true but who knows maybe we're getting a bargain.

14. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I think we’ve been bamboozled into accepting that garbage performance today.we may look decent against Dundee and St Mirren at home, but by * there’s major problems ahead. We can’t play it from the back , perfect tho it may seem , coz the guys we have do not have the capabilities. And what pressure to put on Kyogo, comparing him with The King- absolutely ludicrous. How many times did a hooped jersey pass the ball astray in today’s game?

Wee Baldy likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

Why was kyogo ever shifted out of the middle,the guy was on fire scoring goals and looking dangerous ,edoard should never have been in in front of him I think Ange froze in terms of the subs and left it too late to get rogic on (it's a pity some of assistants couldn't have advised him) .there was none of the attacking football we have been watching most of them shat it and thought that possession is somehow gonna win the game .a special mention for christie , eddy and Turnbull who were particularly pish

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The greek guy can head a ball it seems

[​IMG]

Those are just based off of stats alone and they label him as strong at aerial duels and headed attempts. They also have him as "indirect set piece threat" so like heading from crossed freekicks and "likes to do flick ons and lay offs". Also commits fouls often and gets fouled often so probably battling with and clattering defenders.

Having never watched him they paint a picture of a guy who challenges well in the air.

17. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Players now know they need to shape up on these games. On the balance of play a draw would of been a fair result , we dominated a lot of the open play just lacked execution in final third.

Big lessons for ange and players and hoepfully a wake up call for scores of delusional fans on here who think we can walk games because we beat st mirren hearts and kyogo is the next larsson. etc.

He is a good player but still needs maturity in his decision making. It's funny when he had two chances at the end I would of thought Edouard in his position would of made the right call..

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think this is a fair point. Wish it wasn't.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Has to be said, even after them winning the 6 out of the last 7 games, Morelos is complete *. Why anyone rates him is beyond me.

Easter Rd Davie, Hammy89 and Tonyo7 like this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not saying the season is doomed, but I definitely won't be on the Ange wagon. He failed to be consistent with himself.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.