1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Something tells me you are right. If he and Griffiths played well under Rodgers and were treated with respect then I suspect the opposite was true playing under Lennon. From what I have read Lennon was disrespectful to his players so why would you want play your heart out for someone who has become a * as a man manager ?

The fact is, some players need to move on or they became stale at a club. Once they reach their peak performances it is hard to maintain that level. Eddy is still young but is not doing himself any favours career-wise. You are only as good as your last game.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We are totally impotent at set pieces. You just know we wont score from balls into the box from corners or free kicks around the box. They score from corners whereas we have no aerial threat.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes not interested hes been * for aslong as i can remember

he wouldnt get a start for the celtic colts on form why is he starting for us in this game i'll tell you why cause the board wanted him in the team hoping to drum up interest in him and hoping he had a good game

it failed

we couldnt create fluent attacking play cause the lead striker is so off form he cant control the ball cant finish cant linkl properly with the teams attacking

hes a huffy * and is lethargic because things arent going his way

whilst we have the absolute opposite of that an on form great striker being pushed into left wing so this imposter can start up front

we went backwards big style this game and thats why im suggesting did the old coaches set this * up

christy asell playing mainly on the right where have we seen that before ahh yes all last season and he was * at playing right side

he either plays centre left or left mid left wing being so predominantly one footed and its a very good left foot

such basic mistakes in our starting line up cost us this game, it was like a rerun of last season, cause our forward play couldnt find any form or momentum it left the team unable to play anges attacking philosophy and our midfield started hanging on to the ball to much because they knew the forwards were going to lose possession too quick and * up our attacks, which led to us back passing a lot and passing between the back line and goalie side to side and then in to the mid and back to the back line again, causing rangers to push right onto us

it was a * show probably one of our worst performances of the season

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Idiot thinks we will take four goals of them at the * pit....:31:

5. Orsenfelt

Think people are forgetting just how far off it we expected to be at the start of the season. 2 months ago our worry was where will we find 6+ players just to have a decent starting 11. We're still at least 2 players off that - still need a left winger and a midfielder for me - never mind having a reliable bench.

Aye we've got a big squad but a good half of it is players we either know need shifted or youngsters we've seen basically nothing of under Ange.

bobs1974 and Hammy89 like this.
  6. celtic20

I don't think the game needs overanalysing tbh. The answer is simply the following - Kyogo through the middle.

That was literally the difference between winning and losing.

seanm and Slaw like this.
  7. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Not buying this depleted squad pish

fake news

3rd choice goalie that was all

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Jullien to come back and the Greek striker if he ever gets a game can at least head a ball although even Jullien coming back he will take the place of one of our others and the Greek will likely only be on the bench. We really need a holding midfielder and full-back in the team who are good in the air.

Hart
    Juranovic Jullien Welsh Lustig
    Ledley
    Turnbull McGregor
    Abada Kyogo Christie

That kind of team is what you need minimum really not to be vurnerable from set pieces. Rather than a Lustig and Ledley type in there will will have Taylor and Forrest or Rogic.

We have badly deteriorated in the air in the last 3 years. Went from Dembele, Boyata and Lustig to Edouard, Ajer and Frimpong. Dembele and Boyata especially were sensational at defending our box, could rely on one of those two 9 times out of 10 to clear a corner away. Now we have nobody that dominant and even lack decent numbers of guys who are decent.

9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We need a tall CB like Harry Souttar. One that can score goals at set pieces for us as well.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Probably because he has experience of scoring in the big games as a striker. i dont agree with it either but i can see what Ange was trying to do.
    It was a way of attempting to accommodate both him and kyogo. Forrest was missing. If Edouard scores that chance, your not making this post.

You cant legislate for Turnbull, Edouard, Christie and Abada being so poor. Even despite that, out chances we created were more clear cut than theirs.

We were * in the second half and didnt get playing until after their goal. we were sloppy in possession at times also but stop comparing it to last season. Last season we didnt get in behind, we didnt have forward runners off the ball. The style is evidently different.

Its also Rangers at Ibrox. The same as AZ away, we are not gona go there and knock the ball about like man city.
    We have to expect they are gona have chances and long spells of the ball. We limited them to a few chances and they took one.

11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Can you actually imagine what a threat we will be with proven goalscorers Kyogo and Giakoumakis up front ? Oh brother, what a sight !
    In the paraphrased words of John Paul Jones, 'We have yet begun to play!'

seanm likes this.
  12. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    this playing out from the back only works, if after 3-4 passes your in the oppositions box, holding the ball between the back four and the keeper gets you heehaw.

13. celticdawg

They definately started better 2nd half but you have to expect them to have periods when theyre on top especially at home !!
    Even during that time they created very little compared to last season at least .

tarboltontim likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think we done it because we have no real back-up just now. If Johnston or Forrest were fit or McCarthy I don't think Edouard would have played.

He played really because we didn't want to play Rogic and Turnbull due to the lack of pace and the only other option was to play Christie there meaning someone had to play on the left and it had to by Kyogo.

If McCarthy was fit we might have played him instead of Rogic or if Forrest we could have played Forrest left even Johnston or at least having these guys available would have meant we could have played Turnbull and Rogic but had options to change the team even early if we had to but we're limited the now.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  15. celtic20

I always remember our first couple of derbies under Lennon when Rangers were getting close to us. There were strong signs that our dominance in the fixture was waning and it was clear unless we did something that they were close to beating us semi-regularly again. I came out of some of those games pretty annoyed at our lack of dominance over the 90 minutes.

I think the roles have switched and the huns will be pretty disappointed with their lack of control in these derby games. They're still getting the results, but their run of constant success in it is clearly close to coming to an end.

We have to try and think positively moving forward

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

edouard doesnt seem to know you make your own luck by working your * socks off in training and playing to play your way back to form, hes shown no signs of that

i think every time he walks away from celtic park or lennoxtown or other clubs ground hes onto the phone to his agent hoping hes got him an exit from celtic

the guy is an absolute fannyman

turnbull christie abada being poor all stemmed from the striker not being good enough or fit enough to complete the attacking movements or linking the play, hes not attuned to anges style and doent want to be, meaning the other players who have bought into it turnbull christie abada cant seem to make attacking movements stick, the attacks break down and a malaise and lack of confidence and faith in the system starts to resonate around the team

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    A player who is good from distance would have had a field day today with that goalkeeper. Lovric would have starred in the game today. Up against a CB at RB and a 3rd choice goalkeeper? He’d have been rubbing his hands

George Theodorou likes this.
  18. Henke102

Kyogo is a level above anything they have. I wish Ange would have dragged Eddy and gave Kyogo a good 60 mins or so getting at the back 2 hun pairing right down the centre.

We are more of a threat with Eddy out the team now, I imagine he will go this week…just hope the Greek lad is a player and has some sort of ability in the air.

seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  19. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I agree with that.
    I'm disappointed at the result but think there were positives to take from it when comparing with last year,

celticdawg likes this.
  20. Orsenfelt

Bit harsh to say Abada was poor I think.

He's 19, he's been starting games well but he obviously can't yet sustain it for a full match. Was the same in the AZ game. It's not his fault we have no other option but just leave him out there until we resort to Christie out wide right.