1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Celtic is a big club ...:32:

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Smelling Ralston at CB, if this has any merit.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No we will start Starfelt and Welsh on Sunday I would think.

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's either that, or doing a presser with a new arrival doesn't mean he will play.

Juranović knows Barišić not just from their time in Croatian Football League, but also from the EUROs. Does Ange think this could be important?

If yes, can't see Ralston at LB, but CB might be a possibility. Afterall, Morelos is not tall. Just aggressive, and Ralston can match that.

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would be beyond shocked if Ralston plays centre back. It will be Welsh and Starfelt IMHO.

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Would be the safe option, although we don't know how * off Ange is with Starfelt's split personality performances.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s his unveiling presser.

eire4 likes this.
  8. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Laughed at the bit where he said he got the better of Barisić :56:

9. Paradise88

Celtic is a big club but never seen a Celtic Rangers game

10. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Proven player, exactly what we need, will be a quality quality signing.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE upturn in Anthony Ralston’s form and fortunes can be measured by the way in which the debate around Celtic’s right-back position has evolved over the past four weeks.

It wasn’t so long ago that Celtic supporters and pundits alike viewed it as the club’s number one priority to strengthen that area of the team. Now, having signed Josip Juranovic to do just that, the question is whether or not the Croatian international can displace Ralston in the team.

There is a school of thought that Ralston may maintain his slot in Postecoglou’s starting XI for the trip to Ibrox tomorrow before the Celtic manager slowly bleeds Juranovic into the side, but the new arrival has a different outlook.

Juranovic is ready to go, and while he respects Ralston and is hoping the pair can have a positive influence on one another, he isn’t about to settle for a place on the bench.

“I’m looking forward to [the Rangers game] very much because I am here to play and not to have my holidays,” Juranovic said.

“I have been waiting for this moment to play in one of the matches and the most important thing is to win.

“I had it in Croatia with Dinamo against Hajduk Split and also in Poland with Legia, where I had big derbies against teams like Lech Poznan

“I really like these games because every bit of it is tough and you have to be concentrated every second of the game to make sure you do not make any mistakes.

“I think that I can help [Anthony] and he can help me. I know that he is young, but I am also young too. I am just 26 years old. So I look forward to playing with him because he is a great man as well.

“As soon as I came here to Celtic, he started to speak with me and greet me. That was really good of him to do that.”

If Juranovic is selected for the match, he may be competing on the same flank as good friend and Rangers left-back Borna Barisic.

The cordial relations that have been formed through their experiences with their national team though will be left very much to one side should the compatriots face off at Ibrox.

“On the field, I do not have friends,” said Juranovic. “I’m sure he thinks the same thing.

“In the Croatia squad when all of us are together, we are like a family.

“But, when you are not in the national team, we are not family.”

Juranovic says he didn’t need much persuading to make the move to Glasgow when he was made aware of Celtic’s interest in him, but that the free-flowing attacking football manager Postecoglou is trying to get them to play was a major tick in the pro column.

“When I heard that Celtic wanted me, I was thinking it is a great club and a huge step for me in my career,” he said. “That was it.

“I was going to be playing in Europe as well and that is what every player wants to do

“I know Celtic is a big club in Europe and I have watched about six games now. I didn’t know just so much about the play beforehand, but I had heard about the club and everything about it.

“It feels exciting. Like I said, I have watched the recent games and we have played really well in them.

“I can’t wait to play with the players because I have been involved in the training sessions since I signed and I’ve liked it a lot.

“One of the reasons why I picked Celtic [was] because we play attacking football with the full backs also and every player.

“Each one of us wants to be in the opposition half of the pitch and that is good for me.”

The only negative for Juranovic if he does get to make his Celtic debut in an Old Firm game is that it will be in front of Rangers supporters only. While the atmosphere will no doubt be fervent at a sold-out Ibrox, the lack of away fans may take something of an edge off the fixture.

“I am sorry about that because I wanted to feel that atmosphere of the game,” he said.

“But when I come back to Celtic after the international break, I will play in front of our supporters and I will hear everything.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Keano88

I’ve never watched the Eternal derby but I still know Red Star Belgrade are a big club.

I don’t watch much football outside of Celtic tbh just don’t get the same excitement from watching teams I’m not passionate about, maybe he’s the same.

Twisty, Paradise88 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Would through him straight in the morra for Ralston and with a heavy heart hoping Bitton for starfelt

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Naw and naw.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Never want to see bitton in a celtic top again unless he buys it from the superstore

Maestro 08 and Hammy89 like this.
  16. JamesM09

17. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Starfelt has been a * nightmare

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    And Bitton has been refreshing?

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Jew think?

AdamRS likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

Prob more likely Juranovic would play LB I think. Ralston I think is guaranteed a start but Taylor picked up an injury so could see him there, seen people say he's played there before.

McChiellini.. likes this.