1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How important is tomorrow's result?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Phoenix, Aug 28, 2021.

Discuss How important is tomorrow's result? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think a good performance is also important, will show that we are progressing and heading in the right direction.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Truthfully not that important.

Aye it would be magic to pump those * and I think it's entirely possible but we're 9 weeks into the biggest rebuild in my lifetime following Celtic.

The promise we've shown early doors shows me that we're on the right road, whatever the result.

Never, ever, ever will I fear a hun though. These * can be got at and I fully expect us to get plenty chances against them.

Whatever happens tomorrow, we're on the one road and it definitely isn't the wrong road.

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Im confident were going in the right direction under ange no matter the result tomorrow .

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Aussies

In terms of a massive game against Alkmaar away that we needed to win (on aggregate) for EL group stage action and away to Rangers 3 days later, how does this rank in Ange’s past experiences? I know he’s managed in the Asian champions league ect so I’m interested to see if he’s experienced similar pressure in a short space of time.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree with @Mr. Slippyfist sentiments that’s what I was going to post!

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  6. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Us or them will win the league. The winners enter champions league and get £30m plus. If they don’t get it they are hamstrung for years. We can keep going if we don’t get it and all they will do is pay debts off and limp on for another year. So yes beating them is important and as many points we get off them achieves our goal.

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

The pressure is on them.....at home, no fans for us, we're in the midst of a rebuild and them being the bestest team ever to play in Scotland (if u believe some in the media) yet they've been embarasssing in two European competitions, already lost a league game and are playing *. They are starting to get very tetchy over Govan way.

I get the feeling we are about to tear through this league. We have been relentless since the manager has started to get his players in and ideas across. Adding Juranovic, Giakoumakis, Scales and possibly another couple and I can see us just getting better and better. By the time the return game comes around we'll be flying.

A win would be very nice but I don't think it's as big for us as it is for them.

We win and they will have the pitchforks out.

Sydneysider and neilly1987 like this.
  8. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think this is spot on

Our fans understand we are going through a transition & Ange has done really well already. If we lose it will be onto the next game & we move on from there but we will still be backing Ange :ange:

If they lose it will be crazy online tomorrow night. They will be foaming from the mouth & will want rid of everybody even Gerrard :56:

9. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It’s massive mentally, we never recovered after they beat us at parkhead last year. If we lose we definitely won’t collapse like last season but can the same be said for them if they lose?

trackebhoy likes this.
  10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    He's won leagues and 'Grand Final' matches in club football, so obviously he's experienced high stakes games. The A-League has a regular season to rank sides and then the top 6 go into a finals series, akin to the NBA playoffs. Except the matches are sudden death - lose one and you're out. So that's high pressure. At the same time though, he obviously won't have experienced a derby match anywhere close to as heated and keenly felt as tomorrow, but then again not many managers in world football have.

Regardless of that, Ange touched on it today in that Twitter video, when he spoke about not worrying about pressure. I just don't think that's his mindset. He won't be up tonight fretting about throwing the league away tomorrow, I'm sure - for him, I think it's more about the long-term goal, which is to get the players to believe in his way of playing, to be fearless and to build success from that. It's clear that he has absolute belief in his methods and is stubborn in sticking to them, many would say to a fault.

His comments about Thursday night were illuminating, in that he said that at halftime he spoke to the players about how fear is the main impediment to progress. It's clear that he instructed the players to continue playing 'our football' and out from the back, as that's what they did continually early in the second half, despite giving the ball away several times and inviting pressure. I think most managers in that situation would have taken a very different tack, given the situation we were in. A goal up on aggregate, struggling hugely in the game, giving the ball away repeatedly, and away from home. I think the typical message in that situation might be: keep it simple, play long when you have to, don't overcommit, see the match out, etc. But, as I'm sure you're coming to realise, Ange won't waver in the way he wants us to play, whatever the stakes or whatever the pressure.

AdamRS likes this.
  11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's worth 3 points.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We dont get a point for every goal we score ,, we get 3 points by winning by a goal,,,,we also get 3 points for winning 7-1

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Bigger game for them than us in my opinion. They’re already getting it from their own fans about not being able to play when their orcs are in the ground. Beat them tomorrow and it will go a huge way to the league going on our favour. They beat us, Ange still has a team to keep working with, we are in transition, they’re not.

Sydneysider and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Quite a well balanced view in this thread take it we are all half pished the noo aye?:36:

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Yip, just half pished the now.

Saving myself for a total makingacuntofmyself blowout for tomorrow :ange2:

Mike B likes this.
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In the grand scheme of things and of the season as a whole, probably not the most important derby game ever in terms of the 3 points up for grabs - but that of course is beside the point.

Pschologically it could be massive though. Coming into this, we have a * poor away record (the away win against Jablonec in the EL Qualifying is the only away win we have had in any competition since a 2-1 win away @ St.J in mid-Feb), and have not won against the Orcs in the last 6 meetings.

Our last win was the League Cup Final where Fraser Forster was incredible and that was Dec 2019 - before any of us had heard of Wuhan or Covid-19!

Add to this and sevco have won all of their last 20 league games at Ipox, so it would put a serious dent into that, that they have been underperforming for a side that are coming into this season with the mantle of undefeated champions from last year and their fans adding more pressure onto them.

So a win tomorrow for us will take a big step in addressing those, and that is just looking at the positives for us, much more than the 4 point gap would be this early in the season, which could be overcome over the course of the remaining 34 games in the league seaosn after this anyhow.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

They will crumble if we beat them in their own midden with none of our fans, the cracks have already started to show for them and I really want to smash them and cause a full meltdown.

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Kiro Kompiro

Coaching in a World Cup against Netherlands and Spain one after the other is pretty up there.

Coaching the Asian Cup (Asia's equivalent to the Euro's) and winning it against South Korea was pretty big too.

Taz likes this.
  20. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    It's fkn massive. Huge game psychologically winning this sets the tone for the season, puts them back in there box and puts all the pressure on them and Slippy, Ang would not get half the pressure he will for losing this.

Taz likes this.