1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    As time passes I find myself not really caring about Rodgers tbh, but I still think the way he left us was very poor and shouldn't be forgotten.

Still, I hope that "Rodgers tax" thing that's rumoured is pish, would be a bit embarrassing if it wasn't.

Also Neil Lennon is an absolute * and far worse than Rodgers, all he had to do was step down after the Ross County game and no one would hate or dislike him, but he didn't.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    My anger towards Rodgers subsided long ago.

Largely as he hasn't done anything since to annoy me and I still think there is more than meets the eye with him leaving. E.g. Mcginn saga and not strengthening, players being signed who he had no clue of.

It isn't as black and white as it appears IMO and never has been. The shambles of last season has just put that into an even clearer image than before.

Lennon is an * who is still using the club's name to make money. I can't believe people still defend him.

Talk about Rodgers being a narcissist? Lennon is just as bad. Everyone elses fault but his!

Taz, Boruc17, The_Bhoy and 5 others like this.
  3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Walking out mid season is a big no no .. plus rocking up at the new place and then saying it was his dream move was an even bigger no no in my book. All he had to do was say, 'yup I'm taking the gig, see you at the end of the season chaps' and he would have left Celtic a legend. Now, i think he's just a white teethed *. As for Lennon, he was a club legend..Don't get me wrong, I'm still flipping angry at him..grr lol... but that will pass. Rodgers simply turned his back and walked out.. and for that..he can do one for all I care.

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Think it’s safe to assume the story reported that Rodgers wanted Dembele off to China early in the window so he could have money for the targets he wanted has definite basis in truth going by the antics past and current, of our board.
    When Dembele wouldn’t go and the board wouldn’t finance Rodgers targets, despite record revenue/turnover the season before, too right he was *. Who wouldn’t be? The fact Dembele was sold right at the closing of the window and Rodgers was left with players he didn’t know nor want, * things up.
    He then obviously went searching and jumped at the first half decent job he would get.
    I’m not as mad at him as I was a year or two ago as I don’t think he would have stayed past his third season anyway and with the * our board pull on the regular, * working for them.
    He will probably in my opinion leave Leicester after this season or during of the Arsenal job comes up and it’s offered to him.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Like ah say Arsenal are a club i supported as a boy ....

6. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    If I was making this decision with my heart, I'd be at Leicester for life.

The Prof and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I've said it before but if our board wouldn't back him after what he delivered with basically the same side for the most part that he inherited, I do worry for Ange. Long term.

And, tbh, any future celtic manager as long as the same faces are in charge.

The Phoenix and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Say the Board continued to back Rodgers, how long do you think he would've remained at Celtic ?

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think if we backed him with mcginn, castagne and showed some ambition he may have stayed on for another season or two.

Its hard to say. Say what you like about him but he's not stupid so he saw an opportunity with Leicester and now it will probably lead him to the Arsenal job. So who knows, 9IAR or 10IAR he may still have left.

When you look back at his signings who knows how many were his. Congerton is a guy he seems to trust but he's also a guy who suits a club with millions to waste.

Done well at Leicester with a big budget so far.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Rodgers was always leaving. As soon as his reputation started taking a bit because of his consistent failures in Europe he was heading back down there.

No amount of money spent was going to make him better in Europe. He’s been a failure in Europe with every team he’s had.

He’ll be looking to get out of Leicester soon after two top 4 bottle jobs.

Lewis Kerr and Liam Scales like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I honestly don't know the answer to the question i asked, but i suspect he'd already fallen out of love with Celtic, won everything there was to win and was getting bored with it all, his ego needed massaging once again and he longed to get back to his beloved EPL.

I don't believe that his disdain for the Board outweighed his love for Celtic, i think it was always his intention to move on anyways, just never expected him to leave before the end of the season, which i think reflects very poorly on him as a person tbh, regardless of whether he was backed or not.

Gabriel and Mince.Charming like this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was raging that summer cos Arsenal weren't interested in him. He was always leaving regardless of whether he got McGinn or not.

13. JamesM09

This 100%.

14. Maestro 08

Not totally about Rodgers here but we as a club are really lagging behind when it comes to some of the infrastructure these premier league clubs have and is partly why young guys might be getting drawn away and prob someone with the ego of Rodgers would be looking for.

Lennoxtown was badly needed at the time but I don't think that's anywhere near the standard it should be at now. It needs majorly upgraded.

If you have ever been, the actual building is actually pretty small. The indoor pitch is like a hockey pitch it's a joke. We still have no all weather dome pitch that Rodgers was pushing for and something we really should have considering climate.

The youth teams and women's team are still hiring out other clubs facilities, we really should have been developing our own reserve stadium where youth teams, women's teams can train and call home.

That's before you get on to hotels, cafes and bars and all the fan experience things we should have up at the stadium for the supporters.

A club of our size and support can afford to run this kind of set up and should be running this kind of set up. You see this at a lot of the major clubs now and even lesser clubs are doing this. We are lagging behind. Its not unreasonable to say that Aberdeen will have a better training set up and background infrastructure than us in the next 5 years. That should not be the case.

Lewis Kerr, JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  15. G40B

I don’t like the narrative that Brendan Rodgers just suddenly walked out on Celtic.

In the months leading up to it, he repeatedly aired his frustrations at how the club was run - which I took as plea for the support to apply pressure.

No such pressure was applied, and the support continued singing about 10IAR whilst he once again missed out on key targets.

I’ve got nothing against the man. He’s an elite level manager who, in his own words, ‘left a club for one with ambition’.

16. john2061

He was told by the board to go because they were getting £9 million compensation if he left on

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t leave us hanging, it’s not fair.
    I’m intrigued, left on what, unicorn, bus, giraffe, flying carpet?

18. john2061

Sorry phone playing up and the board would have rather he left mid season because they wanted the £9 million and they knew Lennon was waiting in the wings .
    This is why this board need to get to * because they rather think of money before the best of the football club .

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Left for the ambitions etc, no * would begrudge him that, but he * off before the season was done, and decimated the backroom team on his way out, absolute rodent.

20. JamesM09

I think they would still have received decent compensation if he left in the summer.

Either way, I agree the board didn't give a * because they'd been lining Lennon up long before that.

john2061 likes this.