1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AussieGreek

It’s truly bizarre, same defensive record us (but we’ve had tougher opposition) but we blow them off the park with goals scored.

If there was one team putting multiple goals away on Sunday, it’s us. If they rock up the same way they did for Alashkert, Malmo, Dundee and Ross County, we’re doing them over.

I’m so glad we played AZ and pulled off a result. AZ are several levels above Rangers (for the 4-5 games of theres I’ve watched this season so far)

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No yet. Give it a while and 2 jags will be.

seanm and Chieftain like this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

This would make perfect sense except that we're talking the Glasgow derby.

Huns will lift massively at home - not least as they'll be hating all the Ange positivity. They'll also have the ref doing them favours.

We take the three points tomorrow it will profoundly shake their season.

I reckon we will.

AussieGreek and seanm like this.
  4. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    3-1 us. We’re too hungry, fitter and have a point to prove. This’ll be a statement match.

seanm and honda like this.
  5. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    I just really hope we get a fair crack at the game and there isn’t a a * straight red in the first 20 mins or something. I do feel there will be though.

honda likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats the only worry with the young backline. Have they ever dealt with a cheating diving * like morelos before and know what to do? He will drop with a whisper let alone a touch. If your getting a red due to him it better be a leg breaker.

seanm and Jax Teller like this.
  7. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    4-2

Kyogo x2 Tavernier (pen)
    Turnbull Morelos
    Rogic

8. KingArtur'1

They will have players out. Mcallister wont say so before the game to keep us guessing cant see all the missing players playing maybe some

seanm and Hammy89 like this.
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    In the previous 6 Glasgow Derbies, we've lost 5 and drawn 1.

We're really due a win here. A comfortable win at that.

bobs1974, HenriksRightBoot and seanm like this.
  10. AussieGreek

Why is this called the Glasgow Derby? It gives the idea that there is history behind it.

I thought the true Glasgow derby was Celtic vs Partrick Thistle, at least there is history behind it.

11. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Tomorrow's game is, for me, the hardest to call in a good while. Can genuinely see it go either way.

But as posted above, we're due a win. My only worry is the our center half pairing, which must be on their top game. Going forward, I can see us scoring at least two.

Bring it on!!!

:ange:

12. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Over the last 50 years I have been through every conceivable emotion when we play the Huns, and every time before we play them I always think we will win even in the bad years. Even last season I thought this is the turning point we’ll do them and then pick up.

no exception this time even though it’s early in Ange’s reign I’ve seen more effort in the last 6 games than the whole of last season put together, if we apply ourselves as we did in the home leg against AZ or even the second half of the away we will do them, our only issue is the officials we always come up against there twelfth player so we need discipline and controlled aggression and well do them, I have seen the few of their games and they are rotten Koyogo will go through them like a 30 day old vindaloo.

I don’t think it will be cricket score but I expect us to win 2-1 or 3-1, they will get some dodgy decisions to help them out

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That would be a logistical nightmare. Can you imaging asking half pished huns to stop and be questioned about PCR tests/proof just as they are about to enter ipox on Sunday. I just can't get away at the headline about "old firm" (although that term should no longer exist) fans being pressed to be vaccinated ahead of the match as if Celtic fans are actually being allowed entry into their * pit.

Chieftain likes this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I usually have a wee long lie on a Saturday however, as per usual, I've been up since the crack of dawn as I can't sleep due to the build of of nerves before we play that mob. It's a mixture of anticipation and fear and you would think that, after following Celtic for over 60 years, that these feelings would diminish. Even when we were skelping the huns on a regular basis, it still was the same. I also see guys coming on here and forecasting all sorts of victories however, I don't know if it's just bravado from them or what as I would ever forecast a game against them. Tonight and tomorrow morning will be worse, especially when I get my usual cross Atlantic phone call from my cousin in America followed by my brother blasting out the reb tunes first thing in the morning from Coatbridge. Is anyone else like that or is it just me and do I need to just up my Diazepam?

George Theodorou likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

The AZ game was a wee wake up call . The ease with how they were able to get at us was amateurish at times. Not wanting to * on anyone's chips here but you can't continue to defend like this without someone making you pay. Morelos is a limited player but his physicality will trouble Starfelt and set plays will be massive for them.

Again our best option is prob to go for them and keep them as far away from our defence as possible.

They are no great shakes but the things they do well are the exact areas we are chronic in.

If we get the first goal I could see us running away with it but if they do and we chase the game it could be hide behind the sofa stuff.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    A derby is just a match with a location based rival.

Celtic v Thistle is the oldest Glasgow Derby, I believe.

packybhoy, NomDePlum and AussieGreek like this.
  17. AussieGreek

What have they done well this season?

18. Mr Cleansheets

Mate of mine is a super passionate Partick Thistle fan. Been here 30 years and absolutely hates the Glasgow politics. We both enjoy the local club (Central Coast Mariners) but I've given up trying to get him onboard for Celtic.

19. AussieGreek

I'm more then happy to be corrected, but it really seems like this sectarian * only exists in Glasgow and its satellite towns.

Given I've never lived in Scotland, I haven't seen such sectarianism in the highlands, Edinburgh (yes I know about the Heart huns) etc.

20. Maestro 08

They are always good at set plays and they bombard the box with crosses from all angles. To say this is a weak point of ours would be an understatement.

They will get corners and free kicks and they will throw men at it and we will come under severe pressure. Hopefully some big performances from Starfelt, Hart and Welsh.

Anyway would obviously love nothing more than to be well wide of the mark and we rout them with ease.